PDA

View Full Version : Post accident help please.....

Car Guy
01-20-2011, 10:07 PM
>>>>> PICTURES IN POST #25 <<<<<

Laura, my soon to be ex-wife but still very close friend was involved in an accident today at 5:30pm on 7 Mile Rd and HWY 38. Thankfully she does not have any major injuries but for sure sprains and hard bruises, hard to tell exactly with all the meds. She was travelling north on 38 at approximately 55 mph and the other vehicle turned east on 7 mile in front of her as she passed through the intersection, obviously the other driver is at fault.....

I have very little knowledge about what to logistically do in the day/weeks/months after an accident. I was never in an accident like this and only heard 'things' form people first, second, or tenth hand. She already called her insurance company and will get the police report tomorrow.....

Please post up any advice you might have on where to go from here.....:thumbsup

spooln30
01-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Hire a Lawyer for sure.

Car Guy
01-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Forgot to mention if anybody has a lawyer suggestion please post up......

Gregor
01-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Lawyer and get checked out by a doctor. 55 seems a bit high for that part of HWY 38 But I haven't driven it since the construction. Glad she is OK.

03CVLX
01-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Did EMS respond? And did she go in to be checked over at the time of the crash? If not did she make sure the officers knew she had some injuries and would be seeking medical treatment on her own later so that it is included on the report.

88Nightmare
01-20-2011, 10:28 PM
55 is the speed limit down there I believe. As soon as you exit milwaukee county it goes up to 55. getting a lawyer will help ensure you get everything you deserve.

spooln30
01-20-2011, 10:34 PM
I think the payment for the lawyer she hires will take a percentage of the total sum of what she will get. Simular to my lawyer and my Work Comp case currently going on. Glad she's ok and tell her good luck with everything.

Keith

Car Guy
01-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Ugh, also forgot to mention she went to the hospital in an ambulance......

spooln30
01-20-2011, 11:01 PM
^ Why did you say it like that? Just the fact of being scared or the cost? Just curious. I know from experience those rides are not cheap.

Car Guy
01-20-2011, 11:14 PM
'Ugh' was referring to me forgetting to include that information in the first post, been a long night.....

spooln30
01-20-2011, 11:21 PM
Ok. Good luck with everything and I also posted on your other thread. Hope she has a quick and full recovery.

Keith

flyin_blue_egg
01-20-2011, 11:22 PM
My wife was involved in an accident last year in which she wasn't at fault. We hired a lawyer to go after my insurance company for damages (the driver at fault doesn't have ins.) Our lawyer will get 33% of what ever we get in our settlement, but 0 if we don't get anything.

spooln30
01-20-2011, 11:38 PM
Damn 33%? My lawyer for my Work Comp case is asking for 20% and 0 if nothing comes my way. I understand there not the same type of cases but that seems high IMO.

03CVLX
01-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Ugh, also forgot to mention she went to the hospital in an ambulance......

Good to hear that she went and was at least checked over, due to the speed at the time of the crash. Also, this way it will be on the report that she was transported from the scene by EMS.

Being a 911 operator, I hear it every day. people refuse transport from car crashes. Then call back an hour later from home wanting an ambulance again. That's all good except it can be alot of extra work proving injuries and such since there is usually no mention of injuries on the reports.

I hope she is doing ok, Justin..

Yooformula
01-20-2011, 11:54 PM
Call Gruber..."One call, thats all"!! standard rates are 33% of your winnings for lawyer fees UNLESS they opt for less.

Car Guy
01-21-2011, 12:02 AM
Good to hear that she went and was at least checked over, due to the speed at the time of the crash. Also, this way it will be on the report that she was transported from the scene by EMS.

Being a 911 operator, I hear it every day. people refuse transport from car crashes. Then call back an hour later from home wanting an ambulance again. That's all good except it can be alot of extra work proving injuries and such since there is usually no mention of injuries on the reports.

I hope she is doing ok, Justin..

Immediately after the crash she claimed to be OK but I told her to go to the hospital. She was reluctant at first but I explained her adrenaline was pumping 110% and could mask major injuries. The only thing I am worried about on the report is how she refused treatment at first. Physically she is sore (a LOT more than she thinks) but as a whole in good spirits, relatively speaking. She was more worried about Lil' Zippy's ‘death’ and not having a car than herself, she loved that car.....

Call Gruber..."One call, thats all"!! standard rates are 33% of your winnings for lawyer fees UNLESS they opt for less.

Well one thing is for sure his advertising works, he is the first lawyer I thought of......:durr

03CVLX
01-21-2011, 12:27 AM
Well, I can't speak for every cop out there. But when my Mom had her accident a couple months back. She initially refused to go to the hospital but once I got there and persuaded her to go she did. When we got the police report there was absolutely no mention of the inital refusal of transport from the officer. Only that she was transported via EMS. Hopefully the same thing will happen here.

spooln30
01-21-2011, 12:31 AM
Yeah most people unless seriously injured don't feel the effects of a crash right away. Then the next day it all hits you. That's why it's very important to go to the hospital right away that way if you do get injured there will be a report. Otherwise the insurance company will fight saying that the injuries were made up to get money.

lordairgtar
01-21-2011, 01:13 AM
Don't forget to have her own doctor follow up as accident injuries (pain) can get worse over time.

michelle
01-21-2011, 06:23 AM
Sorry to hear about Laura! Hope she is feeling as best as she can today.

Haha, Gruber's commercial is on the news channel now.

WI_Dave
01-21-2011, 07:34 AM

:rolf Gruber is a knob. I ran into him at the dr.'s office and he lost an arguement with the pharmasist

flyin_blue_egg
01-21-2011, 12:15 PM
If you can't find a lawyer I could recomend the guy we're using. It's called Whiting Law Group (they're out of Chicago). You may ask why out of Chi-town, my brother's criminal lawyer worked with the owner for years, and then he moved to chicago to start his own practice.

By the way all this guy does in injury stuff. Be it a car accident or malpractice.

mikmustgt87
01-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Glad to hear she is ok, tell her i said get well soon!

Reverend Cooper
01-21-2011, 07:28 PM
call david gruber the guy you see on tv tell him mike at andrew toyota told you to call him he will take great care of you

Car Guy
01-21-2011, 07:53 PM
PICTURES.....

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/KarGuy/RIP%20Zippy/0121011346.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/KarGuy/RIP%20Zippy/0121011346a.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/KarGuy/RIP%20Zippy/0121011347.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/KarGuy/RIP%20Zippy/0121011352.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/KarGuy/RIP%20Zippy/0121011349a.jpg

Dr.Buick
01-22-2011, 07:41 AM
wlll tell you this document everything. and I mean everything. I'm called on Here sue happy (BY some members) because I sued after my crash.

DO NOT get one of these fly buy night lawers. they are after the money and don't care about you or your needs. I used Don Prachthauser of Murphy & Prachthauser. you want the best in your corner and he got me a fair settlement and bills paid and lost wages way before we ever setled took over 3 years

anyquestions you can pm me

Cryptic
01-22-2011, 01:10 PM
My Mom died in 2005 very close to there in a similar situation. The intersections have had problems for a long time.

jamestown478
01-23-2011, 02:40 PM
My Mom died in 2005 very close to there in a similar situation. The intersections have had problems for a long time.

that and the intersection on silverspring and pilgrim in the falls always seems to have accidents whenever I drive by them.

Al
01-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Immediately after the crash she claimed to be OK but I told her to go to the hospital. She was reluctant at first but I explained her adrenaline was pumping 110% and could mask major injuries. The only thing I am worried about on the report is how she refused treatment at first.

That adrenaline masks serious pain. For the 30 minutes after my accident, I felt almost no pain. Four hours later, the vibrations in the air from a person talking caused so much pain that it would knock the breath out of me. Broken bones will do that.

Arigmaster
01-24-2011, 05:39 AM
Contact Hupy & Abrahams and ask for Gary. The firm has done fantastic work for me in the past in dealing with the insurance company.

Sometimes it's not about trying to get a bunch of money... Rather it's about making sure that the insurance companies dont screw you over too. It's the insurance companies mission to pay out as little as possible and leave you holding the bag on as much as they can. Even your own carrier will do it to you. Don't sign any settelment without legal representation.