PDA

View Full Version : Guns VS Doctors.

Taetsch Z-24
01-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Don't know if this was ever posted but, I thought it funny, and enlightening. (why I did not put it in to the other forum)

Doctors

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.

(C) Accidental deaths per physician is

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of

Health and Human Services.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now think about this:

Guns

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is

(Yes, that's 80 million)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.

(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is

Statistics courtesy of FBI

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more
dangerous than gun owners.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN,

BUT

Almost everyone has at least one doctor.

This means you are over 9,000 times more likely to be killed by a doctor as by a gun owner!!!

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.

We must ban doctors before this gets
completely out of hand!!!!!

Out of concern for the public at large,

We withheld the statistics on

lawyers

for fear the shock would cause

people to panic and seek medical attention!

Russ Jerome
01-20-2011, 10:59 PM
Are they not counting homicedes or pre meditated murder being its not technicaly an accident? There are on average over 10,000 homicides in the US a year, 20k on a bad year. (spelling suxs sorry)

spooln30
01-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Some doctors really suck. Like my doctor I see for my back injury. I've been under his care for over 8 months and still have the same amount of pain and discomfort. Last visit I said that if I were to take this long to fix one of my customers cars I wouldn't have a job. He didn't like that too much. I've done PT, shots, decompression and nothing is working. AND I was told by my pain management doctor that I need to change my career with in the next year otherwise I will work myself into surgery. Also was told that with how many hernated discs that surgery will probably not fix my back 100%. I should have been a DEA instead of a Auto Tech.

lordairgtar
01-21-2011, 01:18 AM
Are they not counting homicedes or pre meditated murder being its not technicaly an accident? There are on average over 10,000 homicides in the US a year, 20k on a bad year. (spelling suxs sorry)
Still less than doctors.

WI_Dave
01-21-2011, 07:26 AM
:thumbsup

brotherbenn83
01-21-2011, 10:18 AM
As the son of a surgeon, I find this post ridiculous. How about the numbers of lives SAVED per doctor/gun owner? I realize there are plenty of bad doctors out there, but being that my Dad was a GOOD one I can't sympathize with the backlash. It is the same in any field, you will always have people that suck at their job but continue to do it anyways....my $.02

BR3W CITY
01-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Some doctors really suck. Like my doctor I see for my back injury. I've been under his care for over 8 months and still have the same amount of pain and discomfort. Last visit I said that if I were to take this long to fix one of my customers cars I wouldn't have a job. He didn't like that too much. I've done PT, shots, decompression and nothing is working. AND I was told by my pain management doctor that I need to change my career with in the next year otherwise I will work myself into surgery. Also was told that with how many hernated discs that surgery will probably not fix my back 100%. I should have been a DEA instead of a Auto Tech.

yikes. I'm 25 and just starting some treatment for 2 bulged discs in my lower back. Your post scares the crap out of me. I've done some pt and supposedly I'm not a candidate for surgery, but I can't get the doctors to really make any advances on the pain side.

Taetsch Z-24
01-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Depends, can you count the lives saved for ending the axis powers in the 40's?

it was meant as a joke, but to add new light to the anti gunners argument.

Crawlin
01-22-2011, 03:54 PM
As the son of a surgeon, I find this post ridiculous. How about the numbers of lives SAVED per doctor/gun owner? I realize there are plenty of bad doctors out there, but being that my Dad was a GOOD one I can't sympathize with the backlash. It is the same in any field, you will always have people that suck at their job but continue to do it anyways....my $.02

Same thing could be said for responsible gun owners/hunters/firearm enthusiasts....

It's not cool when they all get grouped in for the negative is it?(a general statement, not really directed at you) So just like you said, there will always be bad apples.

subliminal1284
01-23-2011, 12:24 AM
A good majority of the population has herniated or bulging discs with no symptoms whatsoever. Surgery is your last resort and more often than not makes the problem worse and requires more surgeries down the line, avoid surgery at all cost. I suggest accupuncture.

lordairgtar
01-23-2011, 01:09 AM
I suggest Scotch