PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Ford Spotted on Streetfire!

stealthy1ss
01-18-2011, 07:17 PM
This is a pretty cool video of the Wildest Doorslammers of 2010. Video of Jim repeatedly lifting the front end is at 1:27. Also watch for the TA that finishes the 1/8th just lifting the front end.

http://px5.sfstatic.com/thumbs/0002/29/96/2189269_04.jpg (http://www.streetfire.net/video/best-of-2010s-wildest-doorslammers_2189269.htm)Best of 2010's Wildest Doorslammers (http://www.streetfire.net/video/best-of-2010s-wildest-doorslammers_2189269.htm)

SmokinRAM114
01-18-2011, 10:09 PM
7:00min :stare !!!!!!!!!!!!

twicks69
01-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Good lord, that was a crazy video!

Yooformula
01-18-2011, 10:38 PM
damm the 2 min mark, that mustang went all the way up onto its wing! good lord though at the 7min mark!

nismodave
01-18-2011, 10:42 PM
Alot of these guys need to spend less time trying to make BIG POWER, and more time on thier suspension.

VroomPshhTsi
01-18-2011, 11:41 PM
Alot of these guys need to spend less time trying to make BIG POWER, and more time on thier suspension.

x10000.

While watching this vid I can only think "congrats you broke your shit."

BOSS LX
01-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Some badass cars! Nothing to do with suspension, way more to do with power management!

BOSS LX
01-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Welcome to small tire racing guys. :rolf

DR.FORD
01-19-2011, 08:32 AM
Some badass cars! Nothing to do with suspension, way more to do with power management!

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its finding the "happy medium"(if there is one) of bringing in power fast enough to not blow tires off or wheelie.
Doing wheelies looks cool, but it breaks shit....:mad:

juicedimpss
01-19-2011, 08:45 AM
drag racing is easy,just ask any road racer.
lol

Flicktitty
01-19-2011, 10:02 AM
lol

LOL, that cracked me up.:thumbsup

DR.FORD
01-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Lol

bwahahahaha!!!!

nismodave
01-19-2011, 11:12 AM
2 words for those who dont think it has to do with suspension....David Wolfe.

http://www.wolferacecraft.com/

sgm22CShaWM

Prince Valiant
01-19-2011, 11:19 AM
whatever power levels he's making, I'm sure he's not leaving the line at 100% max power....

nismodave
01-19-2011, 11:25 AM
whatever power levels he's making, I'm sure he's not leaving the line at 100% max power....

Oh for sure!.....But the fact that he does own a shop that specializes in Suspension has something to do with it.

Look at the other videos of that car.....All Straight as an Arrow, no wheelie.

DR.FORD
01-19-2011, 11:26 AM
2 words for those who dont think it has to do with suspension....Power Management.

http://www.wolferacecraft.com/

sgm22CShaWM

Fixed.
Until you do it, don't act like you know-you look foolish to the ones who do.
There is soooo much more to it than you could imagine.

DR.FORD
01-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Oh for sure!.....But the fact that he does own a shop that specializes in Suspension has something to do with it.

Look at the other videos of that car.....All Straight as an Arrow, no wheelie.

He has been drag racing longer than he has owned the shop.
So ya think that exhaust is for looks?!
Yes suspension has to be right, but it is a FRACTION of the whole package.

nismodave
01-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Fixed.
Until you do it, don't act like you know-you look foolish to the ones who do.

Ha I was waiting for that comment. :rolf

Yea, I know. Since Ive never had a car that has gone blah blah blah, Im not allowed to comment.

I never said power management has nothing to do with it. I said suspension is damn important. And some do waaaaay more focusing on the power than the suspension setup. Especially her at the local level.....I know guys that put sooo much time into making big power, and never spend any time focusing on the geometry of thier suspension of thier respective car.

DR.FORD
01-19-2011, 11:33 AM

DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!!!
We have a winner:thumbsup
3200HP to be in the ballpark.

DR.FORD
01-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Ha I was waiting for that comment. :rolf

Yea, I know. Since Ive never had a car that has gone blah blah blah, Im not allowed to comment.

I never said power management has nothing to do with it. I said suspension is damn important. And some do waaaaay more focusing on the power than the suspension setup.

Oh you are allowed to comment, as I am about road racing-but I don't.
You know why?!

I've seen Wolfe go into a wheelie, AND blow the tires off.
Funny thing is he used a laptop to fix it, not a creeper!!:goof

nismodave
01-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Jim, you are allowed to speak on ANY subject of racing you choose.

I know damn well that you have more knowledge of Drag racing setups than I will ever have.

I was not trying to put you into the group of "some people". I know that you work on every aspect of your car to go fast.

My opinion was an observation of cars that constantly put thier cars on the bumper or are driving 1/2 mile down a 1/4 mile track. And that some need to work on the way a car comes of the line and drives down the track. Not just by the way the power feeds in.

BOSS LX
01-19-2011, 01:03 PM
funny thing is he used a laptop to fix it, not a creeper!!:goof

lol!

DR.FORD
01-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Jim, you are allowed to speak on ANY subject of racing you choose.

I know damn well that you have more knowledge of Drag racing setups than I will ever have.

I was not trying to put you into the group of "some people". I know that you work on every aspect of your car to go fast.

My opinion was an observation of cars that constantly put thier cars on the bumper or are driving 1/2 mile down a 1/4 mile track. And that some need to work on the way a car comes of the line and drives down the track. Not just by the way the power feeds in.

I luv you man-in a manly sort of way!!:thumbsup

FourEyedFord
01-19-2011, 02:13 PM
This thread is hilarious!!!

Really cool video though!

Dr.Buick
01-22-2011, 08:48 AM
This is what it takes TIME and MONEY. Drag racing is EASY JUST HAVE A CHECK BOOK. does not take talant to make horsepower it takes a check book and you pay the best people to build your shit. and If I can get a car to go anyone can. and my car did not go on the bumber or blow the tires off. I have Circle track taced with many wins and i have drag raced. DRAG RACING IS EASY Takes little to no talant to push a gas pedal for a 1/8 - 1/4 mile at a time. were circle or road racing have to deal with heat endurance, brakes. tire care shock package and do it for 200 laps at a crack with it being 150 degrees in the car.

You don't see people at a light say let's race around toes corners its from light to light because all you need to do is hit.the gas.

DR.FORD
01-22-2011, 10:48 PM
This is what it takes TIME and MONEY. Drag racing is EASY JUST HAVE A CHECK BOOK. does not take talant to make horsepower it takes a check book and you pay the best people to build your shit. and If I can get a car to go anyone can. and my car did not go on the bumber or blow the tires off. I have Circle track taced with many wins and i have drag raced. DRAG RACING IS EASY Takes little to no talant to push a gas pedal for a 1/8 - 1/4 mile at a time. were circle or road racing have to deal with heat endurance, brakes. tire care shock package and do it for 200 laps at a crack with it being 150 degrees in the car.

You don't see people at a light say let's race around toes corners its from light to light because all you need to do is hit.the gas.

Jim, you gave up before you went fast or was successful. Your car NEVER went in the 7s at the 'Grove, but you did lie about it. You called and apologized to me for telling me that lie, and you should be ashamed of yourself for doing that because all I ever wanted for you was to be successful in your build and meet your goal. Its easy to talk shit in a magazine interview about your car, but it is difficult to go fast, go rounds, and be respected for those accomplishments. How fuckin' dare you to slap REAL drag racers in the face with a statement you never finished earning the right to say. The way you did your deal WAS easy-for you. You DID just open your checkbook AND had the best help available to you, yet you failed miserably -on a personal level. Yet you never seem to learn, no matter how many friends you alienate, to engage your brain before you open your mouth or type on a keyboard. Bottom line- You made passes, but you never Drag Raced, so your statement has no validity for reasons of "lack of experience".
BTW I can also go 8s without blowing the tires off or doing a wheelie, its when you push the car to perform better is when you find its limitations. If drag racing was so easy, why were you so nervous to run the car? Now you can lie to everyone else Jim, but you can't lie to me. I remember that conversation very well.
I wish I had time and laps to make up for fuckin' up, but MY shit only gives me in the 4.7 second range to get it right.
Yeah, thats easy....

Lash
01-22-2011, 11:33 PM
So whats the reason for a lot of these cars not running a bar to keep that front down a bit? Seems like a lot of money to piss away just to pull the front up for 1/2 track....not to mention a big risk.
Does it have to do with the class they run in?
Just curious.

Dr.Buick
01-22-2011, 11:36 PM
Jim, you gave up before you went fast or was successful. Your car NEVER went in the 7s at the 'Grove, but you did lie about it. You called and apologized to me for telling me that lie, and you should be ashamed of yourself for doing that because all I ever wanted for you was to be successful in your build and meet your goal. Its easy to talk shit in a magazine interview about your car, but it is difficult to go fast, go rounds, and be respected for those accomplishments. How fuckin' dare you to slap REAL drag racers in the face with a statement you never finished earning the right to say. The way you did your deal WAS easy-for you. You DID just open your checkbook AND had the best help available to you, yet you failed miserably -on a personal level. Yet you never seem to learn, no matter how many friends you alienate, to engage your brain before you open your mouth or type on a keyboard. Bottom line- You made passes, but you never Drag Raced, so your statement has no validity for reasons of "lack of experience".
BTW I can also go 8s without blowing the tires off or doing a wheelie. If drag racing was so easy, why were you so nervous to run the car? Now you can lie to everyone else Jim, but you can't lie to me. I remember that conversation very well.
Like I told you did not know what it expect!!! ( but still got in and put it to the floor) Still got in and went faster than most in less than 10 passes You take it like I was talking about you and it was not the case. to bad you take it that way.

Its was my opion and just like you I am intitled to one. I talked to some people that did both before I stated my 2 cents, hand have won races with NHRA and in sprint cars and they agree.

2 some people 8.20 is fast but, i guess to a 6 second car like yours it would be slow! I wish you the best in the type of racing you choose to do. But I choose to go in circles, and you choose to go stright you have what you think I have what I think who is right? Its like saying what is harder on you body football or motorcross? people will never agree!!!

Did I lie to you YEP did I have a reason YES (Someone going up to timing tower to see what my car ran. Clocks were off for a reason) Witch is not right!!!!!!!!!!!!! Funny how people knew what my car ran!!!

for you wanting me to be successful in your build and meet MY goal, you are full of shit!!!!!!!!!!!!! You said more shit behind my back than I care to talk about to more than one person!!!!!! I NEVER SAID ANY THING TO ANYONE, I DID NOT SAY TO YOU. I thought we were friends I guess not, I respect you and what you have done and will do. I looked and Look up to you.

Goodnite to you and have a fun and safe 2011 race year

To add to YOUR 4.7 sec 1/8th mile pass congrats Nice pass!!!!

BOSS LX
01-22-2011, 11:45 PM
To be competitive at a level such as DR Ford is trying to achieve, in my opinion could be one of the hardest things to do in novice motorsports PERIOD!

Not saying I know exactly what it takes at my minor league level, but I have a pretty good idea! Achieving my goals with my little power adder has been tough enough!

Not stepping on any toes Jimmy, but you never even scratched the surface with drag racing, or even with your combo!

If it was easy, it wouldn't be cool!

BOSS LX
01-22-2011, 11:48 PM
So whats the reason for a lot of these cars not running a bar to keep that front down a bit? Seems like a lot of money to piss away just to pull the front up for 1/2 track....not to mention a big risk.
Does it have to do with the class they run in?
Just curious.

A good portion of those cars are in a class where they are not allowed.

Lash
01-22-2011, 11:49 PM
A good portion of those cars are in a class where they are not allowed.

Thats what I figured. :thumbsup

Those guys are fuckin nuts. :stare

Dr.Buick
01-22-2011, 11:55 PM
To be competitive at a level such as DR Ford is trying to achieve, in my opinion could be one of the hardest things to do in novice motorsports PERIOD!

Not saying I know exactly what it takes at my minor league level, but I have a pretty good idea! Achieving my goals with my little power adder has been tough enough!

Not stepping on any toes Jimmy, but you never even scratched the surface with drag racing, or even with your combo!

If it was easy, it wouldn't be cool!

You do not get what I am saying! If you have a check book you can go fast. never said go rounds JUST FAST. Look on racing junk you can buy a seven sec car ot six for that matter and step on the gas and go fast.

You cannot take anyone in a late model and go to slinger and go 11.20 lap times to even make the show and than start 10th in the field to win a 200 lap race, more skill is needed to road race or stock cars than drag cars that is what I'm saying. I think it takes more to set up a circle track car to win than a drag car.

It takes cash to go fast in drag racing, not in stock cars more for drivers in stock cars.

Dr.Buick
01-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Thats what I figured. :thumbsup

Those guys are fuckin nuts. :stare

Goes back to what dave said work on SUSP

Lash
01-23-2011, 12:02 AM
You do not get what I am saying! If you have a check book you can go fast. never said go rounds JUST FAST. Look on racing junk you can buy a seven sec car ot six for that matter and step on the gas and go fast.

You cannot take anyone in a late model and go to slinger and go 11.20 lap times, more skill is needed to road race or stock cars than drag cars that is what I'm saying. I think it takes more to set up a circle track car to win than a drag car.

It takes cash to go fast in drag racing, not in stock cars more for drivers in stock cars.

Sure you can buy a 7 sec CAR, but that doesn't mean an lesser skilled DRIVER will make it into the7's. It's about being able to drive and handle the car at it's full potential. I bet most on here can't count how many times they've seen cars with all the right stuff lose to a lesser matched car. You'll rarely ever find two drivers to run the same times in the same car in any kind of racing, be it straight, circle, or a twisty track.

Dr.Buick
01-23-2011, 12:06 AM
Sure you can buy a 7 sec CAR, but that doesn't mean an lesser skilled DRIVER will make it into the7's. It's about being able to drive and handle the car at it's full potential. You'll rarely ever find two drivers to run the same times in the same car in any kind of racing, be it straight, circle, or a twisty track.
You could be correct,but I do not feel the same way. who is right NO ONE

I am not saying I am just what I think!

juicedimpss
01-23-2011, 10:15 AM

Im fairly certain it is the same in ANY sector of racing. Racing is racing,which is never cheap.

scottie K
01-24-2011, 10:53 AM
DRAG RACING MAKES MY MAN BUTTONS HARD..... AND A TINGLE IN MY SOUTHERN REGIONS.....

the wheel goes round n round round n round so early in the morning ....

i think my balls itch...:shades

SENNY__
01-24-2011, 09:06 PM

You cannot take anyone in a late model and go to slinger and go 11.20 lap times to even make the show and than start 10th in the field to win a 200 lap race, more skill is needed to road race or stock cars than drag cars that is what I'm saying. I think it takes more to set up a circle track car to win than a drag car.

So what does a super late cost these days to run at slinger. And from a person that did run against you in true street 9.20 class I remember my 15,000 dollar car (and it was a little less then that to build) taking you out in first round. And I'll admit your malibu was a beautiful car and did have basically the best money could buy in it for what it was.

After that race you bitched about how to make a G-body hook on the true street forum. And how much did you have in your malibu? so all it takes is money and a foot. hmmmmmmmmm i can understand you having your view on drag racing, but to have done it and proven that it wasn't that simple you can still make a brainless comment like that.

scottie K
01-25-2011, 08:29 AM
So what does a super late cost these days to run at slinger. And from a person that did run against you in true street 9.20 class I remember my 15,000 dollar car (and it was a little less then that to build) taking you out in first round. And I'll admit your malibu was a beautiful car and did have basically the best money could buy in it for what it was.

After that race you bitched about how to make a G-body hook on the true street forum. And how much did you have in your malibu? so all it takes is money and a foot. hmmmmmmmmm i can understand you having your view on drag racing, but to have done it and proven that it wasn't that simple you can still make a brainless comment like that.

senny isnt that your car n the sig hookn on BFG 275S :shades Yea that was easy :rolleyes:

BR3W CITY
01-25-2011, 09:10 AM
:popcorn

DR.FORD
01-25-2011, 09:21 AM

It takes more than money to WIN and be the best that day.
Running 8s in a car capable of much more and saying thats good and was easy is a cop out-
its like saying that its cool for Donald Driver to play on a high school level.
Then to lie about it to someone you call a friend and thinking its OK?:durr
If I was the friend that I thought I was, he could have EASILY pulled me aside that night and told me what he was doing and why, as I confided in him about personal things that way at times.
After that point is when I let people know how I felt.
And to prove I didn't talk shit about his car.....
Why would I want to hurt or jeopardize the very guy that did the chassis, who happens, to this day, to be my dear friend and the guy I depend on to get down the track????
Let alone Murray, who unselfishly was there for Jim and is a great guy.
Give someone enough rope, and they will hang themselves-that is my opinion that has been proven time after time.

GHOSST
01-25-2011, 11:20 AM
:popcorn

can I have some? :)

FourEyedFord
01-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Running 8s in a car capable of much more and saying thats good and was easy is a cop out-

What if you can start this car with a phone though.........:D

Myles
01-25-2011, 03:32 PM

That you have a 8 second ride capable of more but don't go through with it and call drag racing easy but can start your car with your phone.

BR3W CITY
01-25-2011, 03:57 PM

5-6 years ago I would have thought that was some james bond shit; now not so much. If he could DRIVE the car with a phone, then you have my attention.:wooo

Dr.Buick
01-25-2011, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE=DR.FORD;691043]

Never said 8's were good enough MR PLIMPTON? and 8's was easy in my GN!!!!!!!! TOOOO EASY IN 5 passes with a NEW car.

As far as lying to you I am sorry I did that, I called you the next day. And It was wrong of me to do so like you said I should have pulled you aside and i'm wrong Sorry again. I still feel bad. I felt like I could tell you anything, I messed up can't take that back sorry

bigloc
01-26-2011, 03:46 AM
wow!!!!

Got Boost
02-07-2011, 05:06 PM

Im kind of late on this one .. But I agree to some degree... Kevin Zugbaum went 8.20 in Rons old Impala 4 door many many years ago with a 509 and a single fogger ... He just spent alot of money....

Got Boost
02-07-2011, 05:09 PM
And as far as Dr. Ford whishing sucess .... Well I just leave it at that..... That may be another story .....

DR.FORD
02-08-2011, 08:53 AM
And as far as Dr. Ford whishing sucess .... Well I just leave it at that..... That may be another story .....

Huh????