PDA

View Full Version : What's a vette worth

Max 93
08-01-2004, 04:09 PM
what is a 71 vette worth? the car doesn't run, it needs new interior and paint. I know the girl that has it and she doesn't know how much to sell it for.

Prince Valiant
08-01-2004, 05:05 PM
depends on the engine and options and the relative rarity...if it's a large block, 4 speed, even in that condition it might command a hefty sum.

I mean, even scrapping the bottom of the barrel I would imagine that your looking at least 5G for a basket case...if I were you, go to some of the collectable sites such as hemmings or what not and see if they have a value/appraisal guide that will give you a rough estimation. even looking through the classifieds in a national magazine such as hemmings would give you an idea of what others are asking for corvettes in similar condition....

let us know what you find.

blyth18md
08-01-2004, 06:16 PM
If you can get pictures of the car it usually helps with giving a value estimate. Is it an original car or has there been alot of rodding and modding done?

The vin number and a little research will get you a long way.

If you get the vin and some pictures post them up.

Max 93
08-01-2004, 07:30 PM
it is a small block with a 4 speed. She doesn't know if it is the original motor or not, It was her dads car and he left it to her.