PDA

View Full Version : Best distributor under $200?

xFullThrottlex
01-16-2011, 10:50 AM
I have a gen1 small block chevy. I'm looking at upgrading the ignition, and I have about $200 to spend. I currently have an HEI Delco unit and I believe it's the cause of me not being able to dial in my engine. I've been looking at MSD Streetfire distributors and Summit Racing brands. Although I would like a box I know it's not a necessity and for $200 I know I have a snowballs chance. Anyone have any suggestions?

Prince Valiant
01-16-2011, 01:33 PM
What's wrong with the current one? Is it old and beat up? Maybe time to get a new one...but if it's newer and otherwise in good shape, maybe just get someone to go through it, maybe recurve your ignition to suit your combo...

xFullThrottlex
01-16-2011, 02:57 PM
What's wrong with the current one? Is it old and beat up? Maybe time to get a new one...but if it's newer and otherwise in good shape, maybe just get someone to go through it, maybe recurve your ignition to suit your combo...

The distribuitor is vintage to the car, I had an Accel cap on it but it didnt seem to help. I have new plugs,wires, and a newer rotor. I went back to the old cap as well.

jbiscuit
01-16-2011, 05:27 PM
I like the MSD dizzys. Replacement parts are easy to get, they seem to work well and the quality of them are pretty good. I just bought an MSD distributor for my engine

Ricky Bobby
01-17-2011, 10:36 AM
i have a knock off msd pro-billet one on my 406 was under 200 i believe on egay, also will need the msd box but i got mine at a steal thanx J :rolf