PDA

View Full Version : CASANOVAS in Butler

Nix
01-13-2011, 12:33 PM
I keep seeing ads on clist for them and people are ripping the shit out of them. This has been going on for weeks, maybe longer.

I have never been there so I have no opnion.

I was just wondering if anyone has done business with them and how did your experience turn out?

Daily in the Recreational area in the Milwaukee craigslist there are posts bashing them.

Example and Im sure it will get removed as they all do eventually.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/rvs/2158248568.html

milwaukee craigslist > for sale / wanted > recreational vehicles
please flag with care: [?]

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
RE: SNOWMOBILE REPAIR CASANOVAS - $1 (butler,wi )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-01-13, 9:55AM CST
Reply to: see below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you kidding me. This is a free internet service and we are doing what they are doing to everyone else. We can also express and give our customer reviews anywhere we want. If we expierence bad service we post it. It is called reviews. Get over it!

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2158248568

No contact info? if the poster didn't include a phone number, email, or
other contact info, craigslist can notify them via email.

Prince Valiant
01-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Honestly never even heard of them...but from what I read on one online site, it seems that most the reviews are written by the same person who has a bizarre vindictive obsession w/ them...

http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Casanovas.Outdoor.Adventure.Store.Butler.WI.262-783-6456

BoosTT
01-13-2011, 01:05 PM
I like the picture on the craigslist ads with the huge turd. haha

pOrk
01-13-2011, 02:43 PM
The first 2 reviews are clearly the same person, 3rd is likely someone else as they compose the review much better.

I drive by the store often and love their Humvee, never been in there though.

Moparjim
01-13-2011, 04:49 PM
I posted last year on here about snowboards. I love that place. They have a lot of used or closeout or whatever stuf all the time. I bought 4 complete new board setups last year for like half of what anywhere else was charging. They take trades, etc. so their inventory varies a lot. I stopped by recently and nothing jumped out at me but from time to time they have great stuff. They also have hunting/camping stuff, paintball, atv/snowmobiles pretty much everything.

I've been very happy with the place - its an older guy and two brothers. The older guy is real nice, and the brother that does the snowboard stuff is pretty cool. I have no idea why anyone would be bashing them on Craigslsit, maybe just becaue they are a business and they do post ads a lot.

Rocket Power
01-13-2011, 05:18 PM
I'm assuming thats the same cassanova's I used to buy paintballs at. Never had a problem with them and their prices were decent

lordairgtar
01-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Casanova's been around for years and years. I remember the shop on Muskego Ave and 16th in Milwaukee. They even had model cars and model trains. My allowance stayed in their shop. LOL

Moparjim
01-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Yeah they still have some odd stuff like they have a room full of a TON of cool books like old military/modelling type books on tanks, planes, etc. and car and other books. They also always have the retro/throwback sodas, and they for some reason sell the A$$ Kicking Peanuts brand of stuff.

Like I said its a pretty neat place, I think they have been in business for like 75 years. I stop there whenever I am on that side of town just to see if they have anything interesting.

For example, 2 of the boards I got there were from an Austrian company called Rad Air mostly known for their long boards called "tankers". The ones I got were from a 2005/2006 limited edition set of 4 there was 1 for each element fire, water, air, earth I got the water and air ones. They each have a cool elemental color scheme and they have a cool cartoon fairie chick at the bottom that had scratch off clothes. Since I got them, I have tried to find the other 2 and these things are IMPOSSIBLE to find. I have no idea where the Casanova's dude got them but he had them lol.

xxtremeteam
01-14-2011, 10:40 AM
used to get alot of paintball stuff from there back when I did that alot never had a problem

JC70SS
01-14-2011, 12:21 PM
One of the Sons, Pierre is a total Douche. He is the one selling the sleds there.

Moparjim
01-14-2011, 01:03 PM
One of the Sons, Pierre is a total Douche. He is the one selling the sleds there.

Never dealth with him, the other son is the guy doing the snowboards. I forget his name but its not Pierre lol. its something common like Dan or Mark or something.