PDA

View Full Version : reputable place to buy dsm parts

sloLs1
01-10-2011, 08:01 PM
either online or a store?!

been out of the loop for awhile... im looking for a decent head gasket and studs for a 6bolt turbo motor...

also if anyone knows.... whats all different between a 6bolt motor and a 7bolt motor besides the lower end of the motor and the minor timing belt setup?!

fly5150
01-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Looking for that crank-walk picture.....

twicks69
01-11-2011, 01:24 AM
Here's the parts info you were looking for:

Mitsu MLS Head Gasket MD349347
ARP 6-bolt head studs (P/N: 207-4201) can be purchased from:
http://www.importperformanceparts.net/
www.extremepsi.com
www.jnztuning.com
www.maperformance.com

If you are looking for any specific Mitsu OEM part numbers, parts ordering, price hookup, just send me an e-mail at: tmzperformance@gmail.com and I can help you out.

As for differences, there are numerous miniscule things, so further detail as to what you are looking for will make it easier for me to answer your questions.

Thanks,

TMZ

Teufelhunden
01-11-2011, 07:19 AM
I believe I have both in the garage. They're new...I'll check if you're interested. I have a ton of new parts BTW. (Read fire sale)

Sent from my vastly superior iPhone 4, using Tapatalk

srt4eh
01-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Looking for that crank-walk picture.....

http://lh6.ggpht.com/Evaristo.Jo/SMarDNC_YoI/AAAAAAAAALs/s5srq9OVpyw/crankwalk.jpg

got it covered

sloLs1
01-11-2011, 04:44 PM
i dont have a 7bolt! no walking the crank for me hahah... well i hope not!

and is a mitsu headgasket with head studs going to hold a decent amount of boost?? 30psi??

im familar with the cam sensor and such being different... i guess if there was anything real major besides whats already been stated. ive never had or delt with a 2g with a 6bolt motor! but it all doesnt really matter too much because ive got big plans for the drivetrain!:devil awd turbo 5speed saturn :banana

well see how everything goes befor i make it official... not sure how everything will work out but thats kinda my plan

fly5150
01-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Thanks! I love that picture. It makes me giggle every time.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/Evaristo.Jo/SMarDNC_YoI/AAAAAAAAALs/s5srq9OVpyw/crankwalk.jpg

got it covered

twicks69
01-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Stock head bolts with a Mitsu MLS steel head gasket will handle ~35psi.
ARP head studs with an OEM Mitsu composite head gasket will handle ~35psi.
ARP head studs with a Mitsu MLS steel head gasket will handle ~50psi.
ARP L19 head studs with a Mitsu MLS head gasket handles 60psi on my car without a problem.

Stock head bolts with OEM Mitsu composite head gasket will handle around 25psi or so.

I have tested all the combinations above. The ARP head studs and Mitsu MLS head gasket is the best combination for people staying below 50psi. My head lifted when I went above 52psi.

i dont have a 7bolt! no walking the crank for me hahah... well i hope not!

and is a mitsu headgasket with head studs going to hold a decent amount of boost?? 30psi??

im familar with the cam sensor and such being different... i guess if there was anything real major besides whats already been stated. ive never had or delt with a 2g with a 6bolt motor! but it all doesnt really matter too much because ive got big plans for the drivetrain!:devil awd turbo 5speed saturn :banana

well see how everything goes befor i make it official... not sure how everything will work out but thats kinda my plan

sloLs1
01-12-2011, 06:19 PM
good to know... i dont think ill ever see more than 30psi...

twicks69
01-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Stock head gasket with ARP head studs would be the cheapest. The composite gasket also allows you to use a "less than perfect" sealing surface on the block and head.

spooln30
01-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Three letters...........................AMS! Great bunch of guys down there and their R & D is top notch for sure. Martin is one of the guys I deal with when I need a part or have a question.

Voodoo
01-14-2011, 10:35 AM
WiDSM.org (http://www.widsm.org) is also a great resource for info and parts

BeesTwinEG
01-18-2011, 01:29 PM
bee have most of them parts otherwise he can get them overnight.
and that picture is priceless.

BigSnailBuick
02-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Sell it now before you regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!! lol

I spent about 5 grand at Slowboyracing.com when I was into cars that break, very helpful and always got me the rights parts on time!

grimproductions
02-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Here's the parts info you were looking for:

Mitsu MLS Head Gasket MD349347
ARP 6-bolt head studs (P/N: 207-4201) can be purchased from:
http://www.importperformanceparts.net/
www.extremepsi.com
www.jnztuning.com
www.maperformance.com

If you are looking for any specific Mitsu OEM part numbers, parts ordering, price hookup, just send me an e-mail at: tmzperformance@gmail.com and I can help you out.

As for differences, there are numerous miniscule things, so further detail as to what you are looking for will make it easier for me to answer your questions.

Thanks,

TMZ

agreed