PDA

View Full Version : Who was the star of the game in the Packers' victory?

DynoTom
01-10-2011, 01:01 AM
Who was the star of the game in the Packers' victory?

portponies
01-10-2011, 04:33 AM
I would say the whole team. Sure there were a few mistakes, but they played well on both side of the ball.

WI_Dave
01-10-2011, 07:20 AM
I said in the 49er game that Starks should take Jackson's place at least till he proved he couldn't. I think he played qb in college so I am still wondering why the hell was he inactive during the Flynn game when we had no back-up qb? Maybe he is nothing and the o-line made him look good but Jackson is not the answer.

VroomPshhTsi
01-10-2011, 08:28 AM
I said Williams because as good as everyone played, it still came down to his play at the end to seal the win.

GTSLOW
01-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Starks, driver, and williams. Its really hard to call it really each of those players played a huge part of the game. Minus the touchdown from jones we played the game without jones, nelson, and jennings.

GHOSST
01-10-2011, 08:59 AM
I went with Starks. He definitely needs some work, but you can't deny the dude has some pretty awesome explosiveness, I mean he was hitting those holes very hard. He just needs to work on his break away speed, if he has any.. I counted at least 2 times were if he had some top end speed he could have ran in for TDs.

Sure it may have been the O-line, but that's why we'll see this saturday, if Starks really is our key runner. The word of the day is... Consistency

All I'm saying Packers= awesome team, but Packer+running game= unstoppable.

Karps TA
01-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Dom Capers.

jbiscuit
01-10-2011, 09:24 AM
McCarthy with his stellar clock management skills

GTSLOW
01-10-2011, 09:30 AM

:rolf why we didn't try for more plays with a timeout left and all that time before the half beats me.

Josepy
01-10-2011, 10:32 AM
James Jones. He has some of the best hand I have ever seen. Like that catch before halftime for the TD. OH wait......

flyin_blue_egg
01-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Dom Capers.

I voted for Starks, but after seeing this I vote twice. Once we lost 3 LB's and Jenkins for most of the year everyone said we were done. Capers some how found a way to still make these guys play as a great unit.

WI_Dave
01-10-2011, 11:29 AM
I voted for Starks, but after seeing this I vote twice. Once we lost 3 LB's and Jenkins for most of the year everyone said we were done. Capers some how found a way to still make these guys play as a great unit.

x100

jbiscuit
01-10-2011, 12:06 PM
James Jones. He has some of the best hand I have ever seen. Like that catch before halftime for the TD. OH wait......

This. Best receiver ever. That ball was thrown so perfect it almost went into his jersey. Jones would have still found a way to drop it even if the ball was covered in two sided tape.:rolf

GTSLOW
01-10-2011, 12:12 PM

This. Best receiver ever. That ball was thrown so perfect it almost went into his jersey. Jones would have still found a way to drop it even if the ball was covered in two sided tape.:rolf

:rolf soo true. When he dropped it it didn't surprise me one bit.

Prince Valiant
01-10-2011, 12:20 PM
I vote Tramon simply because he made the one make or break play in the game...he could have choked and we'd all be cryin' tears in our beers.

everyone did well imo, steady but not stellar (with the exception of Jones with two big drops :mad: ). Very tempted to give it to Starks...he looks like he could be another edgar bennett type back, a bigger guy who accelerates well, runs straight ahead and can take a hit or two before going down...haven't really noticed how good his hands are or not...

tbarsch
01-10-2011, 08:51 PM
None of the above ladies and gentlemen. Desmond Bishop gets my vote, not only for the first play blind side sack of Vick that may have set the tone and sent a message to Vick, but also for the open field shoestring tackle of DeSean Jackson in the final drive. Without that tackle, I think Jackson scores...

PB86MCSS
01-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Ted Thompson for putting together such a great coaching staff and deep roster. :crazyeyes

GHOSST
01-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Desmond Bishop gets my vote, not only for the first play blind side sack of Vick that may have set the tone and sent a message to Vick

That was pretty awesome. I looker over the wife and said, yea, first play of the game, can you believe that? :thumbsup

SLOWC5
01-11-2011, 11:38 AM

Like J posted,

Can someone explain to me why McCarthy usually gets nothing down with a few mins left in the first half? This weekends game we were decently close to mid field, 1:1x on the clock and a time out and he just let the clock run out. I guess I do not know enough about football to understand why he consistently lets the clock run out without trying to score 3 points. Which probably could have won a few more games?

Jeff

WI_Dave
01-11-2011, 11:59 AM
^^ He is too conservative if they are even 1 point ahead. I hate that esp. in this game. Just a couple weeks ago the Eagles were 21 pnts down with 7min left and they came back and won, why would you not try to rack up points whenever you can against them?

SLOWC5
01-11-2011, 12:19 PM
^^ He is too conservative if they are even 1 point ahead. I hate that esp. in this game. Just a couple weeks ago the Eagles were 21 pnts down with 7min left and they came back and won, why would you not try to rack up points whenever you can against them?

That is kinda my thoughts, I guess I am not the only one. Maybe when your up 42 I'd be conservative. Probably not! Rack the points up, that is the players job. to score points!

Nix
01-11-2011, 12:48 PM
I vote for David Akers.