PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever here or try one of these?

Dr.Buick
01-09-2011, 07:21 PM
http://www.driveflexfuel.com/overview.php

DerangedPony
01-09-2011, 09:57 PM
I dont see how this could work correctly considering you need bigger injectors when running E85.

Plum Crazy
01-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Plus the fact that E85 is highly corrosive. You need all plastic fuel parts, if i remember correctly.

Dr.Buick
01-09-2011, 10:02 PM
I dont see how this could work correctly considering you need bigger injectors when running E85.
They increase ipw with out replacing injectors

SSLEVO
01-09-2011, 10:03 PM

You don't NEED bigger injectors to run E85, most cars are only at 60-70 idc bone stock. There is room for more fuel there.

Now in a performance application yes you would probably need larger injectors. From the looks of this kit it is made for DD type cars that want to try to save some money on gas. Probably intercepts the MAF like the older SAFC's to add more fuel.

SSLEVO
01-09-2011, 10:05 PM
Plus the fact that E85 is highly corrosive. You need all plastic fuel parts, if i remember correctly.

I ran E85 in my evo for a year and a half and had no issues, other evo guys have been running it for 3-4+ years with no issues. I wouldn't worry about it.

Al
01-09-2011, 10:24 PM
You don't NEED bigger injectors to run E85, most cars are only at 60-70 idc bone stock. There is room for more fuel there.

Considering that the valves spend more time closed than open, do you think it is a good idea to spray all that fuel into the port?

lordairgtar
01-09-2011, 11:19 PM
This guy that runs the company is also the owner of Demonwares.com a web design company and might be also a psychic as well. His E85 thingy is sold through multi level marketing. His phone # is obviously from Wisconsin up north but I can find no address.

BAD LS1
01-10-2011, 08:49 AM
Considering that the valves spend more time closed than open, do you think it is a good idea to spray all that fuel into the port?

just about everything today is sequential.

WhatsADSM
01-10-2011, 09:52 AM

I was going to say the same thing. While under cruising and idling it's sequential anyways.

Although under high loads you are still spraying the back of the valve for a while. There just isn't that much time the intake valve is open in relation to 2 revolutions.

Jim, just get HP tuners!

Al
01-10-2011, 02:24 PM

I am well aware of that.

A fuel injector might be able to pump, oh say, 1 liter/min when open 100% of the time. If an engine is only on the intake cycle 25% of the time, what use is that capacity when the intake valve is closed?

I've read that injectors will open before the valves do. Is there a name for this?

SSLEVO
01-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Well, at 7000 rpm's there is 16 ms between intake valve events, i think you will be ok.

They say don't excede 80% IDC but i've ran all of my cars in the 90's before upgrading with no problems. If you go too big the car will have trouble idling due to the small pulse width and high flow.

BAD LS1
01-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Well, at 7000 rpm's there is 16 ms between intake valve events, i think you will bo ok.

They say don't excede 80% IDC but i've ran all of my cars in the 90's before upgrading with no problems. If you go too big the car will have trouble idling due to the small pulse width and high flow.

Yes shit is happening way too fast for fuel to be pooling behind a valve, the sequential affect goes away after 2,000 rpm or something like that anyway due to the rate of speed IVOE's occur at. The old batch fire's would pool behind closed intakes at slow speeds though.

If you tune them correctly, aise from plugging in new flow rate #'s this issue goes away. Things like injector offset vs voltage changes etc all play into making the new injectors act like stock. Of course you need to have good data on the injectors availabile to you, just like Ford racing does. This is why i only reccomend certain injectors to be placed into the cars i tune.

Taking info from a page like this, makes it a breeze and one time shot for calbirating new injectors.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/ics/m-9593-m39.pdf

Dr.Buick
01-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Well, at 7000 rpm's there is 16 ms between intake valve events, i think you will be ok.

I had 275 pound injectors in my big turbo car and idle At 1000 with no problems,

and a car murray and me are doing has 160's and idles at 650-700 with no problems and ran over 100% duty cycle

But I am buying hp tuners and running e85 that way