PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Rep. Giffords shot

VroomPshhTsi
01-08-2011, 05:16 PM
:stare

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_congresswoman_shot

This is why I sometimes don't discuss politics. People take it WAY too far.

badass88gt
01-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Just terrible. I don't follow politics much at all but a 9 year old girl and 3 judges are dead. Hope the shooter gets what is coming to him...

pOrk
01-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Sad, even if her opinion is in the wrong the sentence shouldn't be death

Prince Valiant
01-08-2011, 05:31 PM
This is why I sometimes don't discuss politics. People take it WAY too far.Something tells me, the guy wasn't about politics more than he was just a nutjob...some have posited that the shooter was schizophrenic, others just off his rocker (he apparently was obsessed w/ gov't mind control, etc). He claims to have been a military veteran who served in afghanistan, but I haven't seen anything that actually confirms this...but also listed that he was in two different colleges, etc, quite a bit for a 22 y/o.

Initial reports about the incident listed giffords from grave, to one report listed her as deceased. Now doctors are optimistic for a recovery...let's hope she does.

pOrk
01-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Something tells me, the guy wasn't about politics more than he was just a nutjob...some have posited that the shooter was schizophrenic, others just off his rocker (he apparently was obsessed w/ gov't mind control, etc). He claims to have been a military veteran who served in afghanistan, but I haven't seen anything that actually confirms this...but also listed that he was in two different colleges, etc, quite a bit for a 22 y/o.

Initial reports about the incident listed giffords from grave, to one report listed her as deceased. Now doctors are optimistic for a recovery...let's hope she does.

The report says he was against the one world nation ideology with the new currency and blah blah blah. I'm guessing he is a hardcore Alex Jones follower

jamestown478
01-08-2011, 05:41 PM
y does every political thing in the news have something about palin in it.

Prince Valiant
01-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Here's a look into the dude's mind (his homemade vid):

This Student At Pima Community College: An Unconstitutional Crime!

VhAx8WzNJT0

To call it bizarre is an understatement :eek:

BR3W CITY
01-08-2011, 06:41 PM
wow, he learned the transitive property and ran with it?

Taetsch Z-24
01-08-2011, 07:32 PM
¿

That just lost my mind.... thanks for that!

Now Ill watch some Foamy...

03Seville
01-08-2011, 08:13 PM
not like any of his other vids are any better... guys just out of it

http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10

Prince Valiant
01-08-2011, 08:34 PM
¿ Regarding his "military veterans" status, he is not...it is being reported that he tried to get into the military, but never got past the urinalysis.

I didn't know urinalysis could tell if someone is batshitcrazy or not...

03Seville
01-08-2011, 08:39 PM

:rolf:rolf

lordairgtar
01-09-2011, 12:56 AM
All the lefty forums are claiming Palin incited him to do this because of the poster she has on facebook has cross hairs targeting some politicians. Blaming right wing pols and pundits for this guy's actions is like blaming the Beatles for Charles Manson's actions. (Helter Skelter anyone?) This Jared dude like to refer to himself in the third person...true sign of being batshitcrazy!

Taetsch Z-24
01-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Ohh, I see that this has the chance to make some more laws for our "safety".

Sorta like Unintended consequences...

Prince Valiant
01-09-2011, 09:34 AM
All the lefty forums are claiming Palin incited him to do this because of the poster she has on facebook has cross hairs targeting some politicians. Blaming right wing pols and pundits for this guy's actions is like blaming the Beatles for Charles Manson's actions. (Helter Skelter anyone?) This Jared dude like to refer to himself in the third person...true sign of being batshitcrazy!My first thought when I read some of the twitter feeds of those who blamed palin, or blamed the tea party (one commenter likening the tea party to a terrorist organization) was that if your FIRST reaction is to blame those individuals, then there is something wrong with you.

This isn't the first time the left was out to blame the right so quickly for political violence either...

When JFK was assassinated, the left went looney blaming the right...since the assassination occurred during the contentious civil rights push, and was in a southern state. One headline read "Deep in the HATE of Texas..." while gunga-dan-rathers reported that children cheered the news of JFK's death. (http://hnn.us/roundup/entries/10856.html) Many put forth the notion that JFK died a martyr for the civil rights agenda or even for liberalism in general...but even jackie lamented "He didn't even have the satisfaction of being killed for civil rights...it's-it had to be some silly little communist. (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Jacqueline_Kennedy_Onassis)"

It's long been my opinion that this was one of the reasons that the JFK assassination has such a strong conspiracy push to it...the dissonance that's occurred from peoples worldview not meshing with reality; IE, if your worldview has that the right is violent, and that the left is "peace loving," then one must strongly look for explanations to preserve that belief...even if it stretches beyond the limits of credulity.

The fact is, that this individual is beyond political categorization...many have many have tried to tie him to the right (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/1/9/934592/-Loughner-believed-in-tea-party-ideasUPDATED) AND the left (http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/01/jared_loughner_alleged_shooter.php). But watch his youtube vids and it's clear that he really has no political thought beyond truly incoherent ramblings that reveal nothing except his belief in mind-control...even the sheriff out there had stated that previous run in with the shooter left some question to his mental stability.

But left use a tragedy to score cheap political points? Naw, that's never happened (http://www.slate.com/id/2073324/).

Al
01-09-2011, 02:01 PM

No. It can't.
To test if someone is batshitcrazy, you need shitanalysis.
Urinalysis is used to tell if someone is baturincrazy.
Baturincrazy, he is.

scaleracer
01-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Did you guys see the new pic with the Nova and 60's Chevy truck in it from his house?

Waver
01-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Did you guys see the new pic with the Nova and 60's Chevy truck in it from his house?

Yeah, and? What does that have to do with a psycho who shot, injured or killed a 9 year old girl, as well as 3 judges, and a state rep?

Feature Pony
01-11-2011, 12:58 PM

I was reading that his dad had 3 show cars and his dad's favorite was a orange 69 Nova.

I also heard on the news that this kid smoked pot, so that would be the reason he failed the piss test for the military

I also believe this kid should be put to death no questions asked, no court date just name your poison and good night. He didn't give the other people a fair chance so why should he have one?

wheelsofsteel
01-11-2011, 01:26 PM
I read that also. It stated "Randy Lougher (father) apparently has not worked for years — at least outside his home. One thing he did do was fix up cars. Gayan said he had three "show cars" and two of Jared Lougher's friends said he bought a junker '69 orange Chevrolet Nova and made it pristine."

Probably a Yenko or something.

Waver
01-11-2011, 02:20 PM
To me it dosnt matter what kind of car he has, restored or what ever. Even if it was a 68 KR or a 69 GTO Judge, it still dosnt change the fact that he killed three judges, a little girl and almost killed a state rep

wheelsofsteel
01-11-2011, 02:36 PM
To me it dosnt matter what kind of car he has, restored or what ever. Even if it was a 68 KR or a 69 GTO Judge, it still dosnt change the fact that he killed three judges, a little girl and almost killed a state rep

Dude....calm down. It's actually the father that has/restores cars, not the guy that commited the crime.

The mom hasn't left her bed since the incident happened as she is devastated that her son would do such a horrible thing. Unfortunately as a parent they can raise and teach their child in the best possible way, but that still isn't enough sometimes.

TheRX7Project
01-11-2011, 04:31 PM
I also believe this kid should be put to death no questions asked, no court date just name your poison and good night. He didn't give the other people a fair chance so why should he have one?
Except for the "no court date" this is how it should be for anyone sentenced to death.

This dude obviously has some kind of other shit in his head... should've been dead at the scene. What this guy did is atrocious and nothing short of it.

What pisses me off more than anything is how the news keeps pushing the "he purchased the handgun LEGALLY" thing... well no shit... anyone can go buy a handgun legally. This is just going to turn into ammo for anti-gunners. When really, one armed person in the crowd could've stopped this attacker dead in his tracks, literally.

My question is, why was there no security? Especially nowadays you need to have some sort of security anytime a government official goes out in public. To me that is common sense. I guess this is what happens when you give people the benefit of the doubt.

Waver
01-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Dude....calm down. It's actually the father that has/restores cars, not the guy that commited the crime.

The mom hasn't left her bed since the incident happened as she is devastated that her son would do such a horrible thing. Unfortunately as a parent they can raise and teach their child in the best possible way, but that still isn't enough sometimes.

As far as the car thing goes, there should be no focus on what kind of cars are in the driveway, or what the dad has as far as cars. It should be on the victoms, the criminal, and the families, not the cars. That is where I saw the focus going.

As far as doing all you can to raise your kids right, you are 100% correct. You can only do so much. In the end, as an individual, we have to decide for our self what is right and wrong. He thinks he is a patriot, I see him as nothing more than a murderer.

05caddyext
01-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Wonder how he feels that his intended target didn't die. What is unfortunate is the fact that in a week you won't even hear about this story. Hell we have had presidents assassinated and nothing changes. Sad but true.

wheelsofsteel
01-11-2011, 08:39 PM
As far as the car thing goes, there should be no focus on what kind of cars are in the driveway, or what the dad has as far as cars. It should be on the victoms, the criminal, and the families, not the cars. That is where I saw the focus going.

As far as doing all you can to raise your kids right, you are 100% correct. You can only do so much. In the end, as an individual, we have to decide for our self what is right and wrong. He thinks he is a patriot, I see him as nothing more than a murderer.

Hey...I didnt do the investigation and/or write the news report. It was just something that was mentioned. Why a reporter printed that, I have no idea. Neve the less it was something that was printed and as car enthusiasts "we" notice things like that. I am sure that is the only intent of the previous comments in regards to cars.

I am not seeing where anyone that have respond doesn't think this is a horrible thing that happened. You are right....the focus should be on the unfortunate things that happened to the victims and their families. What he did is absolutely horrible and should rot in hell. I don't think anyone would disagree when it comes to that.

Al
01-12-2011, 02:41 AM
...should've been dead at the scene. What this guy did is atrocious and nothing short of it.

What pisses me off more than anything is how the news keeps pushing the "he purchased the handgun LEGALLY" thing... well no shit... anyone can go buy a handgun legally. This is just going to turn into ammo for anti-gunners. When really, one armed person in the crowd could've stopped this attacker dead in his tracks, literally.

Handgun legislation is going to go back 10-20 years because of this event.

Hindsight is very clear on this event. The perp was armed and nobody else was. Nobody was carrying at this event or those who were did not act.

An NRA representative was on NPR to discuss this issue. He seemed to really have difficulty in explaining the value of armed citizens in such a situation.

michelle
01-12-2011, 06:28 AM
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2011/0111/Funeral-protest-Arizona-rallies-to-foil-Westboro-Baptist-Church

Good!