PDA

View Full Version : Girl in Coma gets jaywalking ticket

nismodave
01-07-2011, 01:57 PM
I just dont think its right... I know hes "doing his job" but damn..

napkglrUuIw

pOrk
01-07-2011, 02:52 PM
lol, lets be serious if she is jaywalking and causes an accident why the hell shouldn't she be accountable for her own actions? She should have to sack up and pay the repair bills for the car too. I bet she was one of those punk retards that walks out in front of traffic expecting them to stop because they own the road. NOT!

The damage comment the police offer may or may not have made was out of line, but this is hear say. And if the cross walk isn't marked, its not a cross walk.

Edit* Did I hear it was a bicycle cop? If thats the case, maybe he actually saw it go down and she was deserving of the citation? I guess I shouldn't jump to conclusions as we have very few details as to what happened.

moels
01-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Just because other kids crossed the street there doesn't make it a crosswalk.

LIL EVO
01-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Fyi, it is legal in WI to cross the street anywhere. If it's not at a crosswalk then the ped must yield to traffic.

moels
01-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Fyi, it is legal in WI to cross the street anywhere. If it's not at a crosswalk then the ped must yield to traffic.

She forgot to yield I think. :confused

LIL EVO
01-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Probably. I didn't watch the vid yet

srt4eh
01-07-2011, 04:02 PM

It happened in Las Vegas....you break the law, you get a ticket end of story. Her mom should have taught her to look both ways.

GTSLOW
01-07-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm with pork on this I'm glad she got a ticket.

This just shows the news really will report on anything.

Yooformula
01-07-2011, 04:23 PM
IMO, regardless of how hard she got hit or how many flips she made, if she walked out in front of traffic then she deserved the ticket. if its not a legal marked crosswalk then she is SOL. This is bound to happen considering how many times punk kids just walk out in traffic and expect cars to see them and stop for them.

Lash
01-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Cop probably issued the ticket to protect the driver (who did nothing wrong) from a future lawsuit....or at least help their case in court.

lordairgtar
01-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Nevada law requires all pedestrians to give right of way to any vehicles in the roadway at unmarked intersections and other places. If it was in California, the driver would have been in the wrong. When I lived there, cars were to slow or stop the minute a person crossed the street. That said, she was in the wrong. I do think the officers remark about damage to the other car was callous. That is not his responsibility to relay that information to the mother of the child in question. That will be the insurance carrier's job.

nismodave
01-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Im not saying she didnt deserve the ticket, I just think his timing is bad.

Taetsch Z-24
01-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Cop probably issued the ticket to protect the driver (who did nothing wrong) from a future lawsuit....or at least help their case in court.

More then likely.

VroomPshhTsi
01-07-2011, 06:07 PM

This

HITMAN
01-07-2011, 07:34 PM
IMO, regardless of how hard she got hit or how many flips she made, if she walked out in front of traffic then she deserved the ticket. if its not a legal marked crosswalk then she is SOL. This is bound to happen considering how many times punk kids just walk out in traffic and expect cars to see them and stop for them.

Your double standards and how you apply them when it comes to law enforcement make my head hurt...

Yooformula
01-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Your double standards and how you apply them when it comes to law enforcement make my head hurt...

:rolf

Waver
01-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Give her the ticket, make her pay for the damages to the car, but wait till after she is out of the coma

Todd Z
01-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Anybody that goes to LV enough knows that jaywalking is a serious problem there. In the 22 years I have been going several times a year I have seen more than a few people hit while jaywalking.

Al
01-08-2011, 03:19 AM

I agree. They should have mailed the ticket to her. It is also a waste of time for the officer. If you want to be dead sure that she recieves the ticket, spend the extra $0.70 for the confirmation ticket.

BigSnailBuick
01-08-2011, 04:52 PM

Exactly..mail that shit or present it at another time. Cop is a straight ass for walking up to her in the ER.

nismodave
01-08-2011, 06:13 PM
I mean how would anyone here feel if your child was fighting for thier life and a policeman came up to you while you were in the ER with your family and gave you a ticket telling you that "Your kid did alot of damage to the car" ?

I think with alot of people here, it would take 4 people to pull you off the cop.

Yooformula
01-08-2011, 09:03 PM
/\ I agree with ya there Dave, it was rude to wait in the waiting room just to give a ticket. My only point is that if she was indeed at fault, the severity of her injuries shouldn't absolve her of a ticket but it should have been mailed in.