PDA

View Full Version : WE Energies needs your help please, donations.

Russ Jerome
01-06-2011, 05:24 PM
WE Energies is looking for 32 MILLION DOLLAR increse this year if you can afford it please, money going towards another record year in profits and managment bonus's.
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/38870737/George+Formby++At+Gunpoint.jpg
Thank's everyone for helping, stick with us and dont switch to that other power provider...ya know the options like other states have..whats the name "monopoly power and light"?

WE Energies: We have the lowest rates in our area, gauranteed!

animal
01-06-2011, 05:34 PM
:rolf :rolf :rolf

Russ Jerome
01-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Privately held company in bed with our local gov I would do the same thing, screw everybody and get it all before another option comes along...oh thats right its in the gov's best interest to keep others out ;)

They are so smart it makes you wish you thought of it first! Like having the only gas station for 100 miles around, price aint ever going down! Im gonna outsmart them, gonna buy all the cardboard box's so I can sell them when they cause the bottom to fall out, you will all have to buy my house's!
http://sfist.com/attachments/SFist_Brock/cardboard%20box%20homeless.jpg Im gonna sell them for $1000 each :)

Taetsch Z-24
01-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Govie has to keep the mass's in line some how, all they have to do is make gas really expensive.......

oh wait...........

Rocket Power
01-06-2011, 06:17 PM
They were always preaching saving energy, then when people did it they wanted to raise rates because they weren't making as much. :flipoff2:

Rocket Power
01-06-2011, 06:19 PM
We Energies = Goodfellas:rolf

0c3bhh8fqYs

awsomeears
01-06-2011, 07:02 PM
I feel what we pay for Gas and Electricity and there Impeccable service justifys what they charge...

I'd say 80/20 I agree.............. most are 0/100

:rolf

SSmike1
01-06-2011, 07:18 PM
if you don't like the price, don't buy it.

jbiscuit
01-06-2011, 08:15 PM
^ don't buy gas or electric to heat your home? Yea cuz that is an option. WE has all of us by the balls and about the only thing you can do is beat the system as much as possible. Bundle up, keep the thermostat down, seal up your house, make sure you have enough insulation and a 97% efficient furnace, etc but declining gas heat for your family is not acceptable!

VroomPshhTsi
01-06-2011, 08:23 PM
^ don't buy gas or electric to heat your home? Yea cuz that is an option. WE has all of us by the balls and about the only thing you can do is beat the system as much as possible. Bundle up, keep the thermostat down, seal up your house, make sure you have enough insulation and a 97% efficient furnace, etc but declining gas heat for your family is not acceptable!

This

Prince Valiant
01-06-2011, 08:23 PM
I minimize what I can...home t-stat never goes above 64, lol...lights off as much as possible.

jamestown478
01-06-2011, 08:35 PM

solar panels everywhere on your roof :)

Russ Jerome
01-06-2011, 08:36 PM
if you don't like the price, don't buy it.

You need food, I own the only grocery store you can access within 6 hrs but every month I charge $2 more a gallon of milk because I need gas for my Humvee and Jet boat. Beleive it or not other regions in our country have competative markets where municipalities choose a power vendor, keeps people fair.

Russ Jerome
01-06-2011, 08:47 PM
With the WI Gov unable to feild complaints in past a special group of people will listen to your complaints, most are on paid vacation this month from...drumrole pleases guess who!!??

http://psc.wi.gov/

Last increse was due to the Oak Creek plant...ya the one We enrgies sold a private company Nextera in 2007....bonus money yipee.

2012 is another scheduled increse, havent even got thru the next request and we are mapping you future.

Russ Jerome
01-06-2011, 08:57 PM
I take it all back, there is only a page or two of 1 to 3 millon dollar a year salaries out of 4000 employees....
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=WEC+Profile

My heat is turned down and my lights off because Im broke, last rate increase was also related to "declined demand". DONT TURN YOUR HEAT DOWN!

Slow5oh
01-06-2011, 08:57 PM
yeah my 2 bedroom apartment was 300.00 this month. Im good with no raise.

That_Guy
01-06-2011, 09:08 PM
We need to pool together are monies and create a bio mass power plant so we can get the green energy credits.

jbiscuit
01-06-2011, 09:18 PM
I like that my heat bill keeps going up, wages keep going down with the recent healthcare increases, property value keeps slipping downward. Nice knowing that as time goes on I am more broke than the month before.

That_Guy
01-06-2011, 09:52 PM
I like that my heat bill keeps going up, wages keep going down with the recent healthcare increases, property value keeps slipping downward. Nice knowing that as time goes on I am more broke than the month before.

This is what they want.. they what you to be poor. The system is set up that way. The more people who become dependent the more democrats they get.

GTSLOW
01-06-2011, 09:56 PM
MG&E ftw? Or are the a sub division of WE?

Moparjim
01-06-2011, 09:59 PM
All I can post is that there are a few people on this board that work pretty hard to keep your lights on, including in storms and cold and underground and in the air. WE also is pretty fiscally conservative and does indeed try to keep rates reasonable.

Prince Valiant
01-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Personally, I believe much of WE troubles is in trying to manage externalities that are beyond their control...IE, the cost of gas (which is indirectly affected by gov't), the cost of regulations, etc. They can't even change the price they charge willy-nilly, but jump through hoops to even do that...

Russ Jerome
01-06-2011, 10:34 PM
All I can post is that there are a few people on this board that work pretty hard to keep your lights on, including in storms and cold and underground and in the air. WE also is pretty fiscally conservative and does indeed try to keep rates reasonable.

10-4 Jim, I know powerline workers, I work on warranty trucks and equipment (booms and riggers). The company is full of every day Joe's, top brass in the 7 figure bracket just cant seam to get enough. I know linemen who make little to no more than me who work for WE, cool guys.

nismodave
01-07-2011, 08:28 AM
While that might be true with some of the line workers, the guys that work down at the power plant for WE are lazy as fuck. I have worked on the same projects as them, and they are a fucking joke.

GTSLOW
01-07-2011, 09:47 AM
I wouldn't pool everyone that works in the powerplant as lazy. My grandpa retired from the powerplant and worked his ass off for that company.

nismodave
01-07-2011, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't pool everyone that works in the powerplant as lazy. My grandpa retired from the powerplant and worked his ass off for that company.

Just going by what I have seen many times.

Ricky Bobby
01-07-2011, 11:43 AM
yes i know some guys that work outside as contractors for the power plants and they bust ass actual workers i agree with dave

floaters
01-07-2011, 01:11 PM

well said jim :), i know i bust my ass every day!

animal
01-07-2011, 01:28 PM
declining gas heat for your family is not acceptable!

You can burn wood ;) I know a few people that haven't turned their gas furnace on in 3-4 years now. They collect free or nearly free wood all summer and buy a few loads when they can get it cheap here or there. It's certainly doable, but more effort than most people are willing to put up with. Not much way around electricity though.

wrath
01-07-2011, 05:14 PM
MG&E ftw? Or are the a sub division of WE?

MGE is a local independent muni. It's a tiny LDC at the mercy of everyone else. They'll probably get assimilated someday but no one wants their junk system.

Wisconsin's problem is that it must import a lot of their power and what they don't import is made on really expensive units... or purchased from Point Beach and Kewaunee (which are now owned by NextEra/Florida Power & Light). The point of Oak Creek's expansion was so Wisconsin could control their power costs better. It was cheaper to build a new power plant than it was to build a transmission line in other states to get cheaper power. So, Wisconsin is at the mercy of the MISO market. Wisconsin is almost always buying around 2,000 MW of power, or more.

Then, you have fixed cost (transmission and distribution). Regardless of how much energy you use, there are fixed maintenance and operating costs. So, if people aren't using power then they have to spread the fixed cost over fewer megawatts. Then they ask for more money.

http://www.midwestmarket.org/page/LMP+Contour+Map+%28EOR%29

Illinois has relatively cheap power because of the nukes and ComEd's large scale. In Michigan they have similar problems except they have pretty good transmission infrastructure (but not great, Wisconsin is on its way to beating them) and Michigan has HUGE underground natural gas storage. So all summer long Consumers and DTE are pumping natural gas in the ground then sucking it out all winter. So while Wisconsin is buying from the Gulf at high prices... Michigan is not. In Michigan, it's about $.09/kwh vs Wisconsin at $.14/kwh (which by the way, is the most expensive in the midwest). I don't know gas prices.