PDA

View Full Version : Homeless radio guy

Ricky Bobby
01-05-2011, 03:30 PM
my boss told me about this today seems pretty cool that his prayers where answered his voice is perfect for radio or voice over.

http://www.examiner.com/christian-tv-in-national/homeless-radio-guy-becomes-youtube-hit-gets-house-job-gives-god-glory

Prince Valiant
01-05-2011, 03:41 PM
let's hope he can stay on the wagon and keep it going...he does have a devine voice, lol.

Voodoo Chick
01-05-2011, 04:12 PM
This is such a wonderful story, I wish him all the best, and I hope the rest of his life is awesome.

lordairgtar
01-05-2011, 04:47 PM
I saw this...excellent.

04_GTO_Jimbo
01-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Wow, that was very unexpected. Judging a book by its cover Id say WTF. You never know who meet everyday.

michelle
01-05-2011, 06:55 PM
I hope he learns to leave the alcohol and drugs alone, considering this is a pretty nice 2nd chance. He seems to have a lot of options now.

TraceDaddy
01-06-2011, 08:35 AM
He made the annoucement "This is Today with Matt Lauer..." this morning. Haircut make a big difference. Now to work oin the teeth.

Larrygto
01-06-2011, 08:46 AM
With all this publicity maybe he can become the next Don LaFontaine? That would be cool!

wikked
01-06-2011, 09:06 AM
LoL wow, that sounded fake when he first opened his mouth... that's nutsss.

Ricky Bobby
01-06-2011, 09:31 AM
yea thats what i was thinking it sounded fake till i kept watching

MoCkiN U
01-13-2011, 07:02 AM
see the stories in the news about him? they are already trying to tear him down. Dr phil involved and shit. Got him going to rehab. Saying his family is saying he is drinking daily and then something about a disturbance this week at a hollywood hotel where police were called for a fight with him and his daughter.

They help build him up.....and now want to tear him down for a fucking story

LEWETHETIGER73
01-13-2011, 07:09 AM
did you expect anything different?

Ricky Bobby
01-13-2011, 09:05 AM
did you expect anything different?

was hoping they could at least give him 6months before they make him homeless again, fucking media bastards
now his ex-wife is the hero WTF
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/01/the_actual_hero_of_the_homeles.html

Neal Steffek
01-13-2011, 09:39 AM
I have said this a million billion time, NEVER give money to people on the street who are begging for it. NEVER! They are ALL F'd up crack heads. Every one of them.

And don't give me the "well they are down on their luck" bullshit. The goverment gives away so much free money to poor people it is impossable to be homeless unless you waste it all on drugs.

PureSound15
01-13-2011, 09:59 AM
I have said this a million billion time, NEVER give money to people on the street who are begging for it. NEVER! They are ALL F'd up crack heads. Every one of them.

And don't give me the "well they are down on their luck" bullshit. The goverment gives away so much free money to poor people it is impossable to be homeless unless you waste it all on drugs.

Having personally known people who, through various reasons other than drugs and alcohol, ended up homeless - I think your comment is ridiculous.

True that some have addictions that will hold them to a homeless life until something gives; but it's ludicrous to suggest that 100% of homeless people aren't worth extending a hand to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GHOSST
01-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Such a sad story... It starts off as this feel good episode of the year, and you feel like he could change, but not even all the media hype can save this guy. It was doomed from the start...

I mean, I do hope he changes his ways, and takes this opportunity to fix his family, but its gonna take more than a media frenzy...
Seriously, I know they got to have a nice polo shirt, or sweater or something he could wear for his interviews. But no, savor the flavor of his bumm-tastic ways, because he's the media cash cow.

Prince Valiant
01-13-2011, 10:54 AM
Well, the story isn't over yet...so I'm not sure I'd call it "sad." It's a challenge. The guy has a journey ahead, and there will be set-backs, no doubt. Recovery from addiction (and really most anything, injury, illness, etc) is never an all upward journey...

but oftentimes people expect "the hollywood ending" when his story has far from ended...it's just begun. The road to redemption is a long one...

BR3W CITY
01-13-2011, 11:36 AM

While I agree about not giving them money; the rest is off center.

Many are heroin addicts, don't just blame crack. :)
Actually, don't even blame the drugs, its the people who use them...There are plenty of highly functioning and yes succesful "drug addicts"
Many (HUGE PERCENTAGE) are mentally disabled; and even with gov't help they may always be homeless.

You seem upset that the gov't give away "free money" but based on what I've read from you....I'm assuming you voted for the same politicians that support said programs?

PonyKiller87
01-13-2011, 11:56 AM
I though it was funny on the radio they were talking about how Danny Bonaduce is mad because this guy stole his life story and did it better, lol.

lordairgtar
01-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Neal, I've been homeless. Yes, some was drugs, most was just being lost with no direction. I had really nice people help me out and give guidance. Until you know what it's like to be without a home, family and all that, do some studying about the subject. I can't speak for Ted, but I can emphasize with him. His family who have been out of his life are smelling money and they want to get on the gravy train. He's not perfect, I'm not perfect and neither are you. Maybe going down to St Bennys and helping out volunteering, talking with and at least showing some compassion to these people and learning a bit about their lives and dreams and problems might alter you perception. But just go ahead and sit in your ivory tower and keep serving the one drug that has destroyed a lot more than heroin or crack only from the benefit of being legal. Oh, and not everyone can get the so-called free money for various reasons.

Neal Steffek
01-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Neal, I've been homeless. Yes, some was drugs, most was just being lost with no direction. I had really nice people help me out and give guidance. Until you know what it's like to be without a home, family and all that, do some studying about the subject. I can't speak for Ted, but I can emphasize with him. His family who have been out of his life are smelling money and they want to get on the gravy train. He's not perfect, I'm not perfect and neither are you. Maybe going down to St Bennys and helping out volunteering, talking with and at least showing some compassion to these people and learning a bit about their lives and dreams and problems might alter you perception. But just go ahead and sit in your ivory tower and keep serving the one drug that has destroyed a lot more than heroin or crack only from the benefit of being legal. Oh, and not everyone can get the so-called free money for various reasons.

pOrk
01-13-2011, 02:54 PM
His family who have been out of his life are smelling money and they want to get on the gravy train.

I think this is an incredibly unfair assumption.

If I lost all my shit I would be too proud to ask for help, which I'm sure many homeless people struggle with keeping their dignity amongst other things.

lordairgtar
01-13-2011, 04:13 PM
pOrk, you are probably right, I spoke too soon on that one and recant it. Apparently, his ex has been a real mom to his kids, even one from a different woman. You are also correct on the dignity thing, I should know, I lived it.

Neal Steffek
01-13-2011, 05:18 PM
I think this is an incredibly unfair assumption.

If I lost all my shit I would be too proud to ask for help, which I'm sure many homeless people struggle with keeping their dignity amongst other things.

Yea, this guy was out on the street asking for money, he had no dignity, all he wanted was money for his next fix. I see that shit every night downtown. Everyone one is an addict, don't even start to say different.

GHOSST
01-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Well lets just hope he doesn't take this for granted, because I'm sure there's a handful of homeless people with outrageous talents. I mean, I know a homeless guy that could breakdance, lol.

Feature Pony
01-14-2011, 09:06 AM
he is already in rehab, I guess when he started getting money, Grey Goose was going down by the bottle. Nice what a bum!!!