PDA

View Full Version : Looking for sponsorship for college competition

SCHM1AN
01-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Hey guys,

I'm a senior at MSOE on the Formula Hybrid SAE team (http://www.msoeformulahybrid.com/Formula_Hybrid/Home/Home.html), and we're heading to competition in New Hampshire at the Loudon Motor Speedway in April.

Right now we're finalizing designs on the vehicle, but things we're looking for include the following:

-Motorcycle belts or chains
-Sprockets or gears with a 6:1 single reduction ratio
-15" racing wheels
-Help with fabrication of a nosecone, or materials for one
-Any sort of sponsorship (material, monetary, food & beverage, or help with fabrication) that may be useful to us (you get your company's logo on our car, which may be displayed at the Indy 500!)

Thank you for your time & help!

TransAm12sec
01-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Good luck, I remember lots of late nights on the Minnesota FSAE team.

When searing for sponsors for ASME, a few companies asked if a donation was tax detectable. There is, but it just needs to be given through the national chapter. That may be worth looking into when asking companies for financial support.

Are you allowed to use the car for class projects?

WickedSix
01-06-2011, 07:33 PM
get ur professor to sell some of his carhart collection

Crawlin
01-06-2011, 07:40 PM
LMAO!!! hahaha

BoosTT
01-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Cool! My MSOE senior project team stuck about $1500 of our own money in our project, it just wasn't worth the effort since our project was so unique.

Maybe try tirerack.com or something along those lines for wheels.

02subbieRS
01-07-2011, 07:56 AM
Hey SCHM1AN, what was the bolt pattern on the hybrid? I might be able to find some for you from a few of the companies my Subaru club back home has connections with.

SCHM1AN
01-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Yeah so far we've put in about $3000 of our own money to buy two new 40hp electric motors, one for each rear wheel. I've thought of tirerack, but haven't contacted them yet. My girlfriend's family lives in South Bend (their HQ) so it might be worth stopping in and talking to them whenever I'm down there next.

02RS, I just texted the guy on the team who seems to know everything about the car inside and out, about the bolt pattern. By the way, were you parked outside the Kern Center last night? I was working at the hockey game and saw a silver Subaru like yours parked across the street.

SCHM1AN
01-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Bolt pattern is 4x100 for the wheels. We've got a nice set of 13" Jongbloed wheels, but they're a little too wide for the speeds we'll be running, plus our wheels we've got for rainy conditions are too damn heavy!

02subbieRS
01-09-2011, 12:57 AM
I'll give the club gys a call and see what they can come up with. And that wasn't me parked by the Kern. There are at least two silver bugeye WRXs around campus and a 04-05 silver wagon. Mine is still parked in the parking garage over on 2nd and cherry :(

02subbieRS
01-09-2011, 12:58 AM
how wide of a wheel are you guys looking for btw?

SCHM1AN
01-09-2011, 01:42 AM
We're running 8" wide wheels right now, so anything 8" or less would be preferable. Thanks a bunch!