PDA

View Full Version : Luggage that doesen't suck

BoosTT
01-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Something I would normally care less about, but I have a business trip out of the country coming up and need something better.

Where can I get something decent locally?
What colors are best or should be avoided?
Anyone every have a hard case?

I'm looking for something nice... maybe $200 ish for one 28" ish case. Suggestions?

xxsn0blindxx
01-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Black and red seem to be the most common colors. We got a cloth Dockers brand set as a wedding gift 3 years ago and they have held up pretty well. The largest case has seen the least air flight, with a flight to Mexico and maybe one flight to Florida. The overhead compartment sized bag has seen a couple dozen flights and gets used several times a year for road trips. The only real wear is some fraying on the piping, but the wheels and zippers don't have any problems. I would think you could find Dockers brand at any department store.

fly5150
01-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Im thinking about dropping coin on some decent stuff as I travel every week. I bought the last 2 from Kohls on sale, Chaps I think, And they last about a year for me, flying 3 out of 4 weeks usually. I was thinking about hitting Landmark Luggage and see what they have.

FoxStang
01-05-2011, 11:41 AM
My suitcase is an off green color, I rarely see too many others like it. Plus if you add 3 random bright colored zip ties to the top you'll be golden in quick identification.

SSLEVO
01-05-2011, 07:52 PM
We got some hard plastic luggage for a wedding present. I think they got it at target, something like $80 a piece for the good sized ones. Made it to the Dominican Republic and back, got a little scratched up but that is to be expected. Now that i think about it a canvas style may look better over time due to it not scratching, the dirt and grease will stain it however.