PDA

View Full Version : anyone else having this problem??

sloLs1
01-04-2011, 09:54 AM
I can't decied what I want to do with my project cars! From day to day my idea of a powertrain or wheels or interior change!I just can't put my foot down and run with one idea! Starting to lose sleep over these dilemas(sp?)!

Anyone?! Or am I just losing it?! :O

GHOSST
01-04-2011, 10:01 AM
The joys of a car enthusiast, my mind honestly changes everyday on my setups.

Hell, I can't even decide what wheels to put on my truck, stock 01 17'' SS wheels or 19'' black/chrome lip wheels with SS center caps.. Both sets are just sitting in the garage...collecting dust.

whistlin six
01-04-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm in the middle of the same dilemma.

I'm going this way and that way, back and forth, these wheels, those wheels ect ect...

I stay up late reading and researching parts combos, then get so wound up with all the choices that I can't sleep, or I'll have dreams about it lol.:stare

Then I lay there and think how in the fukk am I going to pay for all this stuff,
and what can I sell to get some extra cash...

BR3W CITY
01-04-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm in the other boat. My plans are in place for my truck (finish my 6.0 swap, do the power disc conversion) for the spring, but I can't figure out what I'm going to do with/for my daily.

SSLEVO
01-04-2011, 02:31 PM
I have a lot of ideas but no $ to follow through, lol

sloLs1
01-04-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm in the middle of the same dilemma.

I'm going this way and that way, back and forth, these wheels, those wheels ect ect...

I stay up late reading and researching parts combos, then get so wound up with all the choices that I can't sleep, or I'll have dreams about it lol.:stare

Then I lay there and think how in the fukk am I going to pay for all this stuff,
and what can I sell to get some extra cash...

Exactly!

Crawlin
01-04-2011, 02:52 PM
i thought I was the king of that? hahahaha

i even switched to bikes to make it easier.... two words of advice - it isn't, haha.

-stew-
01-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Me too! Build the coupe? Build the Capri? Buy a house and have no money for my projects? Finish the bike and work slowly on the coupe or the Capri? Buy a '70's Ford and lift it? Go deeper into building the bike (rims, Ohlins shocks and forks, six speed, zx6 radiator, flatslides?). What to do!!?!? What to do!?!?!?!?

Silver86
01-04-2011, 03:56 PM
youre not the only one... to this day, im still unsure what engine i want to swap into the 7.

Car Guy
01-04-2011, 04:04 PM
I have a lot of ideas but no $ to follow through, lol

x2.....

GHOSST
01-04-2011, 04:06 PM
youre not the only one... to this day, im still unsure what engine i want to swap into the 7.

LS1. :thumbsup

0TransAm0
01-04-2011, 04:18 PM
yea i have that problem with EVERYTHING.. not just the cars... like put up a fence? or finish the basement? trade the car in for a bike or not? save for a vacation or buy new catback for my truck? ect ect ect.. my problem is that i want to do something but either don't have enough money or cant get it done fast enough.. when i want something i want it NOW! lol

Silver86
01-04-2011, 04:25 PM
LS1. :thumbsup

that has crossed my mind MANY times. :D

TheRX7Project
01-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Same here. I go through many changes as to what I want to do with my cars. Originally I wanted to do a pro-touring look for the Belvedere and a stripped race car for the rx7... now it's more like resto-mod the Belvedere and go Touge style for the 7... grrr... luckily I haven't started to stick money into either of them either way so I can still decide...

04_GTO_Jimbo
01-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Same boat as the rest of you. I have more dreams than $$$ and im torn between what I want to do. If I get a Busa, then I wouldnt have to mod the car, but then all the parts I already have would be for nothing. Its a costly sport no matter what, cause im sure I wouldnt leave the Hayabusa stock either.

05caddyext
01-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Just get a bunch of credit cards and get everything you want :thumbsup

TheRX7Project
01-05-2011, 05:54 AM
Just get a bunch of credit cards and get everything you want :thumbsup
It's the American way...

Myles
01-05-2011, 06:31 PM

20b, don't be a bitch. They fit nice in the FC

Prince Valiant
01-05-2011, 06:37 PM
I can't decied what I want to do with my project cars! From day to day my idea of a powertrain or wheels or interior change!I just can't put my foot down and run with one idea! Starting to lose sleep over these dilemas(sp?)!

Mine is a little different...I know the basics of WHAT I want to do...it's just what goals I want.

Do I want to build wild and end up with blazing speed? Or will I settle for just plain fast and fun to drive?

The minimum I'm looking at is mid 13's...on the quick end, I'm considering hitting 11's all motor.

I'm leaning to the slower, easier to live with mold since I do like to take the truck on reasonable road trips and cruises...and since "streetable" is simply what one is willing to live with, I've defined that fairly conservatively.

Silver86
01-05-2011, 07:14 PM
20b, don't be a bitch. They fit nice in the FC

lol... dont you think i wouldve know that already? :rolf

what do you think the little saying under my username stands for ;)

Dr.Buick
01-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Do what I do just build a car sell it and build a new one!

Myles
01-05-2011, 08:51 PM
lol... dont you think i wouldve know that already? :rolf

what do you think the little saying under my username stands for ;)

ha, didnt see that