PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Springs Car Pile-Up

Al
01-03-2011, 09:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5exATIaQiI

The first minute just surveys the damage and then you get to see how it progesses. Wait for the truck at the last minute of the vid!

GTSLOW
01-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Wow why did the idiot at the end stop while going around the last car??? Crazy video indeed.

Prince Valiant
01-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Andy (Cryptic) and I barely averted a similar fate coming home from aspen a few years back...had the Grand Cherokee w/ winterforce tires (no studs though), and a semi was stuck on the hwy. He wasn't moving and as all the cars were coming by, all the sudden, many of the cars/trucks were spinning all four and going no where...no one was sliding down like those guys, but few were able to move forward.

Us and a chevy suburban were the only ones to sneak around the truck...rest of the roads were good. Just that one spot went bad...

TheRX7Project
01-04-2011, 06:17 AM
That dude with the Jeep was pissed lol...

william schlosser
01-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Better them than us. Our weather has not been bad so far.

Cryptic
01-04-2011, 11:06 AM
I like how the F-150 in part 2 made it all the way down in reverse.

flyin_blue_egg
01-04-2011, 11:09 AM
I just don't understand the stupidity of people. Its a fvcking hill covered in snow w/ many cars hitting other cars. There's no way that from the top of the hill you can't see all the carnage at the bottom, and maybe think twice about it. Unfourtunatly many didn't.

flyin_blue_egg
01-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Next question is WTF are the police????

Prince Valiant
01-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Next question is WTF are the police????Oh, that's easy...The police are persons empowered to enforce the law, protect property and reduce civil disorder.[1] Their powers include the legitimized use of force. The term is most commonly associated with police services of a state that are authorized to exercise the police power of that state within a defined legal or territorial area of responsibility. Police forces are often defined as organizations separate from any military forces, or other organizations involved in the defense of the state against foreign aggressors; however, gendarmerie and military police are military units charged with policing.

Law enforcement, however, constitutes only part of policing activity.[2] Policing has included an array of activities in different situations, but the predominant ones are concerned with the preservation of order.[3] In some societies, in the late 18th century and early 19th century, these developed within the context of maintaining the class system and the protection of private property.[4]

Alternative names for police force include constabulary, gendarmerie, police department, police service, crime prevention, protective services, law enforcement agency, civil guard or civic guard. Members can be police officers, troopers, sheriffs, constables, rangers, peace officers or civic/civil guards. Russian police and police of the Soviet-era Eastern Europe are (or were) called militsiya. The Irish police are called the Garda Síochána ("guardians of the peace"); a police officer is called a garda. As police are often in conflict with individuals, slang terms are numerous. Many slang terms for police officers are decades or centuries old with lost etymology.

Of course, you could also be referring to the english rock band known as "the police" in which case, you'll need to clarify.

LIL EVO
01-04-2011, 12:07 PM
I like how everyone just gives up and locks the brakes the entire way down.

How about throwing it in reverse or trying to spin the car 180 to drive down the hill?

BR3W CITY
01-04-2011, 12:47 PM
unless this is the ONLY street that goes somewhere....why the hell wouldn't you just go to the next block?
I guess this is what would happen in those kind of conditions going across the humboldt bridge.

Yooformula
01-04-2011, 01:30 PM
my guess is that from the bottom with the wind, they might not even be able to see the middle/top of the hill to know that some dumbass has just stopped there. A few of those vehicles could have made it if they didnt have to stop their momentum to get around the sitting jeep. Imo, the fwd warriors are the bigger idiots in the first place for thinking they could make it up such a steep hill to begin with.

BR3W CITY
01-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Also, chains are legal in CO, and I didn't see them on a single ride.

flyin_blue_egg
01-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Oh, that's easy...The police are persons empowered to enforce the law, protect property and reduce civil disorder.[1] Their powers include the legitimized use of force. The term is most commonly associated with police services of a state that are authorized to exercise the police power of that state within a defined legal or territorial area of responsibility. Police forces are often defined as organizations separate from any military forces, or other organizations involved in the defense of the state against foreign aggressors; however, gendarmerie and military police are military units charged with policing.

Law enforcement, however, constitutes only part of policing activity.[2] Policing has included an array of activities in different situations, but the predominant ones are concerned with the preservation of order.[3] In some societies, in the late 18th century and early 19th century, these developed within the context of maintaining the class system and the protection of private property.[4]

Alternative names for police force include constabulary, gendarmerie, police department, police service, crime prevention, protective services, law enforcement agency, civil guard or civic guard. Members can be police officers, troopers, sheriffs, constables, rangers, peace officers or civic/civil guards. Russian police and police of the Soviet-era Eastern Europe are (or were) called militsiya. The Irish police are called the Garda Síochána ("guardians of the peace"); a police officer is called a garda. As police are often in conflict with individuals, slang terms are numerous. Many slang terms for police officers are decades or centuries old with lost etymology.

Of course, you could also be referring to the english rock band known as "the police" in which case, you'll need to clarify.

I meant WHERE THE FVCK are the police....

spooln30
01-04-2011, 11:00 PM
The last white Ford truck should have stayed on the gas. People are just fucking stupid when it comes to bad weather. I could have made it up and down that hill with my Legacy with my awesome snow tires.

VroomPshhTsi
01-06-2011, 08:36 AM
I could have made it up and down that hill with my Legacy with my awesome snow tires.

I'm sure that's what everyone on that hill thought and now they are all wrecked.

Car Guy
01-06-2011, 09:44 AM
I could have made it up and down that hill with my Legacy with my awesome snow tires.

I'm sure that's what everyone on that hill thought and now they are all wrecked.

I would put money on his statement, assuming the tires are soft-cell compound......

Prince Valiant
01-06-2011, 10:43 AM
In colorado, almost everyone runs snow tires, since they don't nearly as much salt, rather they sand their roads. It's not uncommon to run studded tires there.

flyin_blue_egg
01-06-2011, 11:02 AM
In colorado, almost everyone runs snow tires, since they don't nearly as much salt, rather they sand their roads. It's not uncommon to run studded tires there.

Which runs into my next question.....Why didn't any of them have them??? I mean if you know you're going to get a lot of snow/ice then why would you run some sort of special weather tire?

FoxStang
01-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Studded tires deteriorate much quicker than non studded snow tires, while you may be able to get 4-5 winters out of a set of snows its always questionable with the studs, because they lose their effectiveness so quickly. I imagine their more expensive too. I doubt the common driver knows this but it could be a factor. If you need the traction beyond a good snow tire better off with chains imo.

73MACH
01-06-2011, 12:09 PM
LMAO @ the guy videotaping....."Dude, is that your car???? Is that YOUR car??? Dude, LOOK @ your car!!!":rolf:rolf

I would've punched that guy if it WAS my car!

British_Ben
01-06-2011, 02:01 PM
I like how the F-150 in part 2 made it all the way down in reverse.

LOL @ "..... oh shit, he did it"