PDA

View Full Version : Best ever

Voodoo Chick
12-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Ok, so winter is already getting boring, depressing, and miserable......how about a cheerful topic? What was the BEST moment of your whole life? The one thing you'll remember 'til you're old and senile, and think about whenever you need to feel better. If you are lucky enough to have more than one, write about all of 'em!

jbiscuit
12-30-2010, 09:05 PM
I'd have to say my wedding day. I was so proud and happy to marry Jeni. We had hot rods, great friends and family in attendance and even the weather cooperated. I also like seeing my wife so happy and being able to give her the wedding she wanted was a real highlight for me. I owe that girl so much for everything she puts up with with my car hobby and camera addiction I should feel lucky she was willing to walk down the isle for me! So that would have to be my best day ever.

Z28Envy
12-30-2010, 09:10 PM
The first time she let me PIIHB!!!

Russ Jerome
12-30-2010, 09:11 PM
Public forum and the image of my 47yr old azz at his greatest moment may disturb others ;)

badass88gt
12-30-2010, 09:16 PM
The first time she let me PIIHB!!!

LMFAO!!!

End thread.

michelle
12-30-2010, 09:18 PM
I'm with Jason on the wedding day being a great memory. We had a wonderful outdoor wedding with great weather, great company, and some great cars. I'm very thankful for our photographers (Scott, Scott, and Nick) who made it possible for us to relive our special day by simply looking at pictures. And Johnny for bringing the 2010 SHO and the Ford marketing team (and Fox 6) for giving us some press!

Another great memory was seeing my Grandpa after a horrible night (http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30112) of him being missing, kidnapped, and dumped in Chicago. Unfortunately Alzheimer's is really kicking in and taking my Grandfather from me, but after all the worry and "what ifs" going through my head that night as I was looking around dumpsters and abandoned buildings for him after finding his vehicle empty, getting the phone call that he was found was the best thing I could have asked for. I can't thank the officers that helped us in Chicago enough for all the effort they put in.

1320PNY
12-30-2010, 09:39 PM
I have and continue to enjoy my life, but a great CAR related BEST would be...

I was 17, riding shotgun in my friends '88 Dodge Daytona Pacifica (Turbo 2.2) and we were late for curfew. We are coming up to a traffic light at about 10 over when it begins to turn Yellow. My friend punches it to try to "catch" the light. All we caught was air...major air...like 12" of tires from the ground air.
As we are "flying" through the intersection, we notice at our Left (stopped at light) is a squad car. Soon as we land (sparks flying) my buddy hangs a HARD Left into the corner gas station. He runs in to get some "gum" and stays in the store long enough for the cop to roll up on me with the lights and ask me to step out of the vehicle.
That's when FATE steps in...The Cop...the father of a kid who's @$s I saved from a beat down by four other kids at school that week. I said, hey, aren't you Sean's Dad? He say yeah, why? I said "Did he tell you about barely escaping a beat down this week?" He says "Yes he did...do you know something about that?" I said yeah, I was the Idiot who jumped in to save him although I didn't know the situation, just thought it wasn't going to be good.

He says..."Guess you're doing a lot of jumping this week!", smiles, gets back in his car, and drives off.

My buddy, returns to the car once the cop leaves with the pack of gum. Asks "What he say?" I told him..."He gave you the pass because you know me."

One of the BEST moments I can recall. Can't remember if I got in trouble for coming home late, but will never forget that short flight.

Russ Jerome
12-30-2010, 11:18 PM
I was 17, riding shotgun in my friends '88 Dodge Daytona Pacifica (Turbo 2.2) .

My life must suck, several fond memories include the same motor in different chassis', smoking Vets from freeway rolls in Omni's or Mustangs at GLD in minivans...my life is pathetic for sure!
http://www.turbominivan.com/videos/russbird.mpg
Love that video, slow or not passenger and I had a BLAST!

nismodave
12-30-2010, 11:24 PM
In 1997 I was racing at Road America, I had won the previous day by 30 seconds. My Father was always with me, but on Sunday My Mother and my Grandparents come up to watch me win by 60 SECONDS.

The greatest day of MY LIFE!

(Mom was taking the picture):)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1201.snc4/155298_469109131035_691496035_6127514_417183_n.jpg

TheRX7Project
12-31-2010, 04:17 AM
I have quite a few very fond street racing memories. Some of which it's probably better I don't talk about on a public forum lol...

Back in about 2002-3 I was racing in a pretty much stock Focus hatch. I'd done all the mods on it myself, my own intake, my own exhaust and stripped the interior (I know Murray remembers that car). I was out on 53rd and Florist, and it was a cray night- probably the busiest street racing night I've ever seen. We had cars lined up for 2 blocks in a makeshift "staging lane", not to mention the lowriders putting on hydraulics shows and bumping their systems, the quality of cars that night was amazing as well. Everything from a Cobra replica to a specific orange Charger to this blue RX7 who came up from Chicago for some action.

Anyway, I was lined up to race this Civic who I'd wanted to race for some time. I'd seen him run and knew it would be close. We lined up and ran. 1st gear, dead nuts even. Second gear, dead nuts even. He missed 3rd and I kept in it. As we lined up to race again (hey, he missed 3rd) I heard someone in the crowd say "Oh shit there's that Focus again! That thing is QUICK!" which I knew damn well I wasn't. The car ran a best of 15.9 at GLD (although my launch was better on the street). Still, it was an ego boost and I felt pretty damn proud.

The Civic and I ended up not even racing- the cops showed up before the flag man could drop his arms. We raced again a couple weeks later, and neither of us claim victory. We were dead nuts even all the way through 3rd gear. We looked at each other and shrugged, called it a tie.

LEWETHETIGER73
12-31-2010, 09:26 AM
Well most recently was this morning on the throne. I found a old magazine that had my car in it and to be honest, everything just came together. It was magical.... and the wife complained from a couple roooms done

Cjburn
12-31-2010, 10:41 AM
Best moment overall, hearing my daughter scream when after they were done sucking all the fluid out of her lungs after the emergency c-section. No feeling comes close to being a father in this world, nothing!

pOrk
12-31-2010, 10:56 AM
Best car memory was from Hot Rod Power Tour in my pink 62 caddy, I couldn't count how many people came up to shake my hand after I blocked traffic with my car on the freeway to help a guy that lost one of his wheels off his 32 ford. Any REAL car guy would have done the same, but it was great meeting soo many different people that day once off the freeway and at the show with Crash and Bill.

Best non-car related event would be my marriage on the beach in Anna Maria, Fl with my wife and our officiant.

GHOSST
12-31-2010, 10:59 AM
I would have to say every time I see my wife and family after longs periods of obligated military time... Those moments shoot to my soul... I will never forget how is feels to know people love you so much... And that's what keeps me going.

After that would have to be the first time I got behind the wheel of a V8 manual and felt the raw power of anything more than 6 cylinders and RWD. My first dumped clutch threw my back into the seat and smoked the tires like nothing I ever seen before, and this was a measly 305 h/o with a chip! So every experience from then on, when I dive more and more into higher h/p and torque levels, are very memorable moments.

Oh, and its been up and up from then on little by little. (84 305h/o Z<97 LT1 Z<98 LS1 Z<01 LS1 SS<???)

lordairgtar
12-31-2010, 06:12 PM
When I lived in California, I worked at a drug rehab place that ran businesses to keep themselves funded. I loaned my 69 Buick Special to a woman that volunteered at our thrift store. She needed to go see a doctor because of her condition that caused her hands to tighten up and couldn't bend her fingers very well. She comes back with the car and just gushes on how nice my car drives and how her hands are comfortable on the small diameter, heavily padded custom steering wheel that was on it, and the power and the ease of steering and braking (her car was a total POS that hardly ever worked.). I asked her if she really liked the Buick and I tossed her the keys and told her "It's Yours". The look on her face was priceless. OK, Voodoo Chick, where's your story.:devil

Voodoo Chick
01-01-2011, 02:08 AM
When I lived in California, I worked at a drug rehab place that ran businesses to keep themselves funded. I loaned my 69 Buick Special to a woman that volunteered at our thrift store. She needed to go see a doctor because of her condition that caused her hands to tighten up and couldn't bend her fingers very well. She comes back with the car and just gushes on how nice my car drives and how her hands are comfortable on the small diameter, heavily padded custom steering wheel that was on it, and the power and the ease of steering and braking (her car was a total POS that hardly ever worked.). I asked her if she really liked the Buick and I tossed her the keys and told her "It's Yours". The look on her face was priceless. OK, Voodoo Chick, where's your story.:devil

My story, huh?? OK......The day my Olds was home for the first time. The weather was gorgeous, late summer, all golden light and soft breeze. She was sitting there, in the parking lot, the sunlight shining off her so she looked like a jewel. Some old cars have Magic in them, and she does. That day was the first time I ever felt it, flying down the road, Blue Oyster Cult playing on her radio, the beautiful weather......I felt like my whole life began on that day. My first moment of pure, total joy was there, with her, and because of her. No matter how long I live, that memory will always be treasured in my heart.

lordairgtar
01-02-2011, 12:19 AM
Nice.

srt4eh
01-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Coming home from Afghanistan for R&R and seeing my 5 month old son for the first time....I'll never forget that moment

lilws6
01-02-2011, 04:19 PM
December 18th 2010 she said "yes"