PDA

View Full Version : slow motion ink?

Monstr913
12-29-2010, 05:13 PM
anyone been there or know anyone that has gotten work done there? its on 43rd and forest home, I won a contest for 1/2 off any tattoo and talked to them last night seem alright. seems a maybe a little sketchy.

BR3W CITY
12-30-2010, 08:10 AM
I can't even find a yp listing for them? No website, no facebook even. Sounds a little low-end.

Monstr913
12-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Yea the one guy I was talking to seemed cool and seem his portfolio and had some nice work in it. Said they have been there since May not sure if he meant 2010 or 2009. The shop wasn't fully set up so I hope not since 2009. Hopefully someone will chime in with some info. Although it seems most people on here aren't from that area.

05caddyext
12-30-2010, 09:52 AM
I wouldn't skimp on price when getting a tattoo. I'd go to a place that you know has done great work, that you've personally seen. It's there forever, 1/2 price isn't worth the headaches in the future if you aren't picky when you get it now. I have had work done at several different shops, best one I ever had done was in California in Oceanside. Chuck's in Whitewater does some of the best work I have ever seen, he travels all over the country and is well known. Get it done right.

Car Guy
12-30-2010, 10:04 AM
I wouldn't skimp on price when getting a tattoo. I'd go to a place that you know has done great work, that you've personally seen. It's there forever, 1/2 price isn't worth the headaches in the future if you aren't picky when you get it now. Get it done right.

I was about to post something identical to this. I want a tattoo but being 'OCD leery' about what could go 'wrong' I will probably never get one.....:(

BR3W CITY
12-30-2010, 10:47 AM
I've been with the same artist for about 5 years now, but since he went AWOL I have been in transition to a new artist.
I had heard alot of good things about Solid State down off KK. I checked out the shop and its extremely clean and maintained. I met Jeremy Kirk, and was extremely impressed with his portfolio on their website. In person he's very nice and he and I quickly got a bit excited about my new project (Zombie theme full chest plate). They also have 2 other artists, including Julio Avila (does alot of nice Dela Muertes sp? stuff).

Monstr913
12-30-2010, 05:39 PM
oh trust me I know what I'm looking for in shops/artists. i got 7 tats and full tribal sleeve thats what i was gonna have them do is fill in on the tribal. if you can color inside the lines you can't really mess it up. i found a good shop called tsunami ink on the east side but they didnt last long and guy i went to there vanished. found a guy named brian that worked at starship but left and is at madd tatter in wind lake. as for chuck hes awesome i worked with his brother in law and went to a couple tattoo parties chuck did at his place, although he was always busy so i never got anything done by him.

BR3W CITY
12-30-2010, 06:04 PM
i found a good shop called tsunami ink on the east side but they didnt last long and guy i went to there vanished.

Was it Chris? I got a few of my tattoos done by Rachel when the place was open. I think it was here and Chris (both had worked together at Skin on Oakland, before Matt the partial owner went to jail on drug charges) that opened Tsunami together. Dude was super talented.

Voodoo Chick
12-30-2010, 07:55 PM
I personally recommend Monsters Ink on 51st and Howard. They are awesome, great people, great prices, great work.

stenchmiester
12-30-2010, 09:15 PM
My friend rich noble owns monsters ink. He has done all my work and I highly recommend him

Monstr913
12-30-2010, 09:38 PM
yea i had work done by Rich too he fixed some stuff on my sleeve that a guy at black heart messed up...I met Rich when he worked at exotic ink in cudahy...
I think his name was chris he usually worked up stairs? did some awesome air brush work? he did a crazy skull for me still looks as good as day i got it.

BR3W CITY
12-31-2010, 12:36 PM
yup, thats chris. no clue what happened to him