PDA

View Full Version : HY35F2T sold me some broke ass junk

DRK
12-29-2010, 04:20 PM
HY35F2T sold me some broke ass junk. I don't plan on him ever making it right or feeling better about it because I typed this but I wanted other potential buyers of junk parts to beware. I also wanted a thread I could link all of his future for sale ads to.
Yes I was stupid enough not to look the stuff over well enough before I loaded it but it was raining and cold and I had dealt with him in the past and it had went well. That and he told me he had just had it apart earlier that day to drain it and it looked to be all good.

It's a foxbody 8.8 with a 3.73 gear and was supposed to have been a full rebuild with less then 20K on it. I gave him $200 for it, took it home and put in the corner, about a month later I pulled it out to clean it up and the clutch pack is smoked. These are our PMs from the deal, including the last one I sent him that he has yet to respond to.

did you run the rear yourself?
was it just a gear swap 20k ago or bearing and races also?
brand of gears?

gears and bearings i just have no use for it and i live in apts so no place to store it and not lugging it to the basement my self lol.Yeah ran it myself everything works smouth.

I finally got to that rear today. I took the brakes off cleaned it up and cut off the quad shock brackets. I then brought it back inside and opened it up to swap out the axles to 5lugs. The trac loc has two broken clutches on the left side. The 4 tabs that broke off the two frictions where laying in the bottom of the case and it looks like at least one went through the spiders as they are pretty chewed up on the faces. It's no good to me like this and rebuilding the T-loc was not part of the deal.
Jesse

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp72/1DRKPNY/005.jpg

animal
12-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Sorry you got taken on the deal :(

BAD LS1
12-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Not gonna lie... This is the fate of every traction-loc known to man.

juicedimpss
12-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Not gonna lie... This is the fate of every traction-loc known to man.

i was thinking the same,one burnout could do that....

DRK
12-29-2010, 06:29 PM
Regardless he had it apart that day and still sent me off with it. I'm not whining, I just want everyone to know he's a low rent piece of shit that will screw you if he can.

nismodave
12-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Well, buyer beware.

It does suck that people dont stand behind shit anymore.

Ricky Bobby
12-29-2010, 08:25 PM
By chance he just didn't see it when he pulled the Cover?

jbiscuit
12-29-2010, 08:41 PM
If he knew it was thrashed and sold it as good that is messed up. But used parts are used parts...it's up to you to check used parts out when you buy IMO. On top of that you said you have had it for a month...that's quite a long time. If it was an honest mistake like Ricky Bobby suggested how long after a purchase is he responsible to refun your money? A month? Six months? Cuz if an item was sold in good condition whose to say it didn't get installed and the buyer wrecked the part? (Not saying this was the case here but if someone called me after a month saying they want money back from a Craigslist deal I would have to tell them to pound sand)

Hope this gets worked out. Curious to see what his response to this will be

Ricky Bobby
12-29-2010, 08:43 PM
If he knew it was thrashed and sold it as good that is messed up. But used parts are used parts...it's up to you to check used parts out when you buy IMO. On top of that you said you have had it for a month...that's quite a long time. If it was an honest mistake like Ricky Bobby suggested how long after a purchase is he responsible to refun your money? A month? Six months? Cuz if an item was sold in good condition whose to say it didn't get installed and the buyer wrecked the part? (Not saying this was the case here but if someone called me after a month saying they want money back from a Craigslist deal I would have to tell them to pound sand)

Damn J that's exactly what I was thinking

DR.FORD
12-29-2010, 10:00 PM
3:73 gear=$200
set-up labor=$300
set-up kit=$75
versus
rearend with 3:73=$200
new clutches=$55 (last time I bought them)
install clutches=you were doing axles anyway & easy to do.

You are ahead my friend-
live and learn....

badass88gt
12-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Not true. You can find gears for much less than $200 and if you do your own labor you just saved another $300.

I guess its one man's word against another. Its too bad there cant be an agreement made.

fivonut
12-29-2010, 10:11 PM
...if you do your own labor you just saved another $300.

Yeh, but I wouldn't trust the rear. Setting up gears ain't for rookies, and there's very little I'm afraid to tear into when it comes to cars.

Reverend Cooper
12-29-2010, 10:33 PM
setting them up can be a bit time comsuming but not a pain really,DRK i prolly got some 355 gears in the shed in the box from my stang they might have 5k on them at the most 59 bux and you can gladly look them up and down before you take them i dont sell junk. ask anyone here who has bought stuff from me.

badass88gt
12-29-2010, 11:09 PM
Yeh, but I wouldn't trust the rear. Setting up gears ain't for rookies, and there's very little I'm afraid to tear into when it comes to cars.

It all comes down to one's ability. If you have the tools, go for it!

hrsp
12-30-2010, 03:08 AM
damn that sucks...curious to his response as well...

-stew-
12-30-2010, 07:32 AM
Shitty. I've had nothing but good dealings with DRK as a buyer and a seller. Jesse shoulda looked closer, but I can see how this damage could get overlooked. What's his face should do something to make this right.

DR.FORD
12-30-2010, 08:34 AM
Not true. You can find gears for much less than $200 and if you do your own labor you just saved another $300.
No doubt, but if he is upset about clutches, I highly doubt he can set up gears.
As far as gears cheaper than $200, yes there are.
Two cut cheap gears suck, are usually noisy, but hey they are less than about $200.
But what do I know, I've only built a couple rears:goof
I'll leave this to the "professionals":rolf

DR.FORD
12-30-2010, 08:42 AM
setting them up can be a bit time comsuming but not a pain really,DRK i prolly got some 355 gears in the shed in the box from my stang they might have 5k on them at the most 59 bux and you can gladly look them up and down before you take them i dont sell junk. ask anyone here who has bought stuff from me.

Be very careful, or you can be the next asshole on "The Price is Right"!!
Ever set up a used set of gears, have the pattern dead on, and they are noisy BECAUSE they have a pattern worn into them? Even the slightest pattern, where they looked great? I have-it sucks.
But again, I don't know much and I'll leave this to the professionals!:rolf

GTSLOW
12-30-2010, 09:59 AM
So where's the accused?

DRK
12-30-2010, 10:54 AM

This was for My Capri that runs just fine but wants more gear. The reason it sat for a month is because I was finishing up my fastback. The day I pulled it out I pm'd him with no response. This site sure isn't craigslist, we have done deals before, and I have never asked him for my money back. Shit, I would be happy if he just admitted he screwed me and apologized.

DRK i prolly got some 355 gears in the shed in the box from my stang they might have 5k on them at the most 59 bux and you can gladly look them up and down before you take them i dont sell junk. ask anyone here who has bought stuff from me.

Thanks but this was to replace the 3.55 that's under the car now.

No doubt, but if he is upset about clutches, I highly doubt he can set up gears.

It's not the work, it's that it should have been all good to begin with. Also a good clutch pack is $100+, half of what I paid for what was supposed to be good parts that where "inspected" shortly before I showed up.

....and yes I fully understand this is my fault for buying the shit and No I do not expect him to use his section 8 money to pay me back. He's already called me out as a scammer in a deleted post in another thread as did his boyfriend rallyscort

HY35F2T
12-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Im not gonna bother posting keep crying about it.All i know is it looked good when i pulled the cover off.Then weeks later when you finally get a chance to spend 2mins pulling the finger tight bolts off, its bad?W/e keep posting about this it reminds me to take my own pics of stuff i sell before it leaves my hands.

nismodave
12-30-2010, 12:10 PM
I look at it this way, he basicly uses BCM as his personal Automotive craigslist...Take a look at all his threads, 90% are in for sale section.

You dont move that much product without selling someone the occasional piece of crap.

DRK
12-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Im not gonna bother posting keep crying about it.All i know is it looked good when i pulled the cover off.Then weeks later when you finally get a chance to spend 2mins pulling the finger tight bolts off, its bad?W/e keep posting about this it reminds me to take my own pics of stuff i sell before it leaves my hands.

spoken like a true scammer

pOrk
12-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Wow, wasn't expecting that response...

Don't try to explain or anything, you are admitting guilt by saying nothing imo.

0TransAm0
12-30-2010, 04:34 PM
im not taking sides at all but when something is sold that way it is sold "as is" and im sure DRK could have taken the cover off before spending the cash. or asked that it be off when he went to look at the rear end. it sucks that you payed for a junk rear end. and it sucks that HY35F2T wont do anything about it. but live and learn. whats done is done and from the looks of it nothing will happen to make it right..

Russ Jerome
12-30-2010, 11:02 PM
Wow, wasn't expecting that response...

Don't try to explain or anything, you are admitting guilt by saying nothing imo.

Im with this guy ^^^ If I sell a "used" part I would say so, if I say its been "rebuilt" I sure as hell will stand behind it being usable as-is, no warranty but Im giving you an unbroken part.

8.8 trac locs suck, I hand picked an open for my car because of it. Knowing this the FoMoCo clutch could have failed moments before removing the rear end. Its not science to pull a 8.8 diff cover and tell the condition of the rear, any pieces in the fluid means its a builder rear end.

I've got two partial 8.8 rebuild kits on hand I will donate if it helps put the rear end together, I may actualy know a little about setting rear ends up if you need a hand...not rocket science just patience and the right touch.

1BadBytch
12-30-2010, 11:13 PM
As far as gears cheaper than $200, yes there are.
Two cut cheap gears suck, are usually noisy, but hey they are less than about $200.
But what do I know, I've only built a couple rears:goof
I'll leave this to the "professionals":rolf

yeah your definitely got skills when it comes to a rear :rolf

Gregor
12-30-2010, 11:48 PM
Ever set up a used set of gears, have the pattern dead on, and they are noisy BECAUSE they have a pattern worn into them? Even the slightest pattern, where they looked great? :rolf

I did it once with a Ford 9 Inch. Which is the easiest to set up and it still took me 4 hours. I couldn't get the wear marks to line up. Never again will I rebuild with used parts.

I think you should have covered your bases by pulling the rear cover off before you bought it. And then I am sure you would have told him to stick it when you found the damage. And 200 for a used 8.8 is about right. So throw a new set of clutches in and call it a day. Unless the gears are trashed. The mesh shouldn't be off.

And yeah this was supposed to be a nodular case, with a locker. What I got was a war case with a 4 pinion trac loc.

What would you have done if you installed a year later it and it howled like crazy? You cant tell by visual inspection if its gonna whine or howl. Or you decided that you didn't want it and sold it to some else understanding that it worked and they came back to you a month later bitching that it was trashed, would you refund the money then?

I guess buyer beware. But maybe HY35F2Twill help you on this and spring for a new clutch packs.

But on the other hand HY35F2T should have did the same and pulled the cover and looked before he sold it.

Waver
12-31-2010, 09:44 AM
honestly, the cost of the trac loc rebuild kit is only 125 with the carbon fiber clutches from the cobra....All in all that is still not a bad deal total, especially considering that you would be spending 600 for everything, including labor.

Just saying....I think you have a right to be mad, however it is what it is, and with miles on it, and no knowledge of how it was used, it is almost a crap shoot.

fivonut
12-31-2010, 11:23 AM
I know you're not gunna give two shits about my opinion but since you plan on hijacking every one of this guys future for sale threads I'm gunna give it.

You're playing drama queen, again!! You start off saying the guy sold you a "completely rebuilt" rear and then link to his PM where he plainly says "gears and bearings only"!! I'm just a simple guy but I fail to see how gears and bearings only, equates to gears, bearings, and clutches.

Since when does a clutch pack cost $100? They are $50 all day long, unless you're going after carbon clutchs like Nick said. Maybe you just needed to hype the drama...

Looks to me like you got exactly what he said he was selling you, a rear with new gears and bearings...

Car Guy
12-31-2010, 12:21 PM
I'm still waiting to see pictures of the broken "ass junk"......:goof

Waver
12-31-2010, 01:45 PM
I know you're not gunna give two shits about my opinion but since you plan on hijacking every one of this guys future for sale threads I'm gunna give it.

You're playing drama queen, again!! You start off saying the guy sold you a "completely rebuilt" rear and then link to his PM where he plainly says "gears and bearings only"!! I'm just a simple guy but I fail to see how gears and bearings only, equates to gears, bearings, and clutches.

Since when does a clutch pack cost $100? They are $50 all day long, unless you're going after carbon clutchs like Nick said. Maybe you just needed to hype the drama...

Looks to me like you got exactly what he said he was selling you, a rear with new gears and bearings...

/thread

DRK
12-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but they are just that.
Yes I would buy the carbon clutch pack, wouldn't you?
The Clutch pack is obviously broken, he had it apart that morning and sold it to me anyway as a good unit. Yes I as I stated in my first post it's my fault for buying it in the first place.

DRK
12-31-2010, 02:03 PM

This just confirms what I tell people about you when they ask and is a good indicator of your business practices. I would recommend great caution buying anything from you and or your firearm business.

fivonut
12-31-2010, 03:02 PM
This just confirms what I tell people about you when they ask and is a good indicator of your business practices. I would recommend great caution buying anything from you and or your firearm business.

Still butt hurt because I wouldn't take your Paypal, huh.

Considering I've NEVER sold you a damned thing, anybody taking your advice is foolish.

But, by all means keep spreading lies, see where it gets you..

Like I said, this is just another example of you playing drama queen.

rally_scort
12-31-2010, 04:24 PM

Man, id hate to be the guy you end up marrying :rolleyes:

GHOSST
12-31-2010, 10:02 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but they are just that.
Yes I would buy the carbon clutch pack, wouldn't you?
The Clutch pack is obviously broken, he had it apart that morning and sold it to me anyway as a good unit. Yes I as I stated in my first post it's my fault for buying it in the first place.

Well, hate to say it but you knowingly bought something that was a possible fluke. If he had it apart, you should have checked, double checked, triple checked, then quadruple checked before you took off. I think theirs this gray area your refusing to admit to because your upset= bash the guy.

All I'm saying is, PM the dude or contact him first. He probably would have worked it out with you, but all that's shot to shit now. Could he be a scammer? Sure, but this is like the first complaint I've seen, and if the guy has a 90% thread rate of selling stuff, I'm not jumping on that bashing bandwagon.

DRK
01-01-2011, 11:09 AM

I didn't know obama money paid for internet access

Well, hate to say it but you knowingly bought something that was a possible fluke. If he had it apart, you should have checked, double checked, triple checked, then quadruple checked before you took off.

Yes and I have already stated this multiple times before you and others in this thread.

All I'm saying is, PM the dude or contact him first. He probably would have worked it out with you, but all that's shot to shit now. Could he be a scammer? Sure, but this is like the first complaint I've seen, and if the guy has a 90% thread rate of selling stuff, I'm not jumping on that bashing bandwagon.

If you read the first post I pm'd him as soon I as found the damage, which was 10-6 and he never responded. The very next time he posted almost 3months later I asked if he was ever going to make it right and he and rallyscort both called me a liar and a scammer. Those posts in that thread where deleted and I was told by a mod/admin to start another thread.

Ricky Bobby
01-01-2011, 01:00 PM

Looks to me like you got exactly what he said he was selling you, a rear with new gears and bearings.../thread

:rolf