noeggs4u
12-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Priceless.

animal
12-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Heh. Like he said "geniuses" lol

Yooformula
12-28-2010, 04:17 PM
owners fault completely. NYC has no parking rules for snow storms. how else are they supposed to clear away almost 3' of snow when douchbags park where they arent supposed to. people usually just take the ticket rather than find another place to park during snow rules. I thought the video was awesome! they fucking whine if the roads dont get cleaned in time and the city has to bring in heavy equipment and then almost every road has the same issues with people parking where they dont belong. the guy with the camera should stick to wacking off or go move his car too..lol

Milw brought in dozers to clear out my area 2 years ago and used big ass dump trucks to dump the snow on our yards after a large dumping. They had NO problems driving over lawns hitting trees, mailboxes and almost clipping cars in driveways. seeing more snow than that on a small ass city street with the same equipment doesnt surprise me to see carnage when something that big gets stuck.

VroomPshhTsi
12-28-2010, 08:36 PM
How is it the owner's fault? I'm guessing there aren't many places to park in NYC. If there was a notice sent out about not parking on a certain side of the street, clearly no one got it (or even if they did, it was too late and it was impossible to get their cars out).

Yoo - you state "NYC has no parking rules for snow storms" aka they are allowed to park in any regular street parking spot. Then you say it's the owner's fault for getting his SUV damaged. If there are no rules, why is it his fault some incompetent city worker smashed up his SUV?

05caddyext
12-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Not "no rules" in there aren't rules. They have a "no parking rule" during snow storms. No parking on the street. Period. That is the owners fault.

05caddyext
12-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Also, why do they have to send out a notice? Watch the weather. They knew many many many hours in advance that they were going to get several feet of snow, find a place to put your car. Go to a parking garage and take a cab. Get off the fucking street. Any idea how hard it is to plow around parked cars? Much less with 3 feet of snow. I would have buried those cars with more snow than they could move in a life time.

BigSnailBuick
12-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Anyone who thinks the owner should have found a new place to park regardless of "laws" has either:

A- Never been to NYC
B- Never even lived on the eastside of Milw where it is also IMPOSSIBLE to park legally.

GTSLOW
12-28-2010, 10:22 PM
Stupid big mouth NY residents. Could have done much better without the commentary. That woman should have stood between the car and the tractor. If the roads weren't cleared they'd have been bitching about that and cursing at the car drivers for parking there.

kt_r-jO3lKE

:thumbsup

VroomPshhTsi
12-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Not "no rules" in there aren't rules. They have a "no parking rule" during snow storms. No parking on the street. Period. That is the owners fault.

So every block in NYC had to be car free? Highly doubt there is enough parking off street for even half of the cars that are currently parked on NYC streets.

nismodave
12-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Workers Fault....READ

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP9082b49b09a14cb28f1456b7250c61b7.html

and

http://www.examiner.com/government-in-new-york/blizzard-hits-nyc-hard-as-mayor-suspends-parking-meters-1

spooln30
12-29-2010, 01:10 AM
Good find Nismodave!

Yooformula
12-29-2010, 05:11 AM

YES. and yes I grew up in NJ/NY and the rules are well known to EVERYONE and is broadcasted on the news EVERTIME a snow storm is on the way. the roads are too narrow for parking on either side for heavy equipment to get through so owners are told NOT to park on the street during storms. of course there isnt enough parking but they dont care, they just tell you to not park OR they have alternate parking rules. I am not saying what the workers did was the correct thing just that the car owners put their own vehicles at risk by leaving them parked on the street during a major snowstorm. I actually had my pickup buried once by the city(Noreaster 97') and had to wait a few days before they would get it out.

Neal Steffek
12-29-2010, 05:27 AM
I hope the city sues the SUV owner for scratching city property. :rolf Parking on the street during a storm like this shows you do not care about your car, your niebors, or the city. There are many options for you to keep your car off the street, but most just feel they can be lazy.

VroomPshhTsi
12-29-2010, 08:30 AM
There are many options for you to keep your car off the street, but most just feel they can be lazy.

In NYC, I doubt it.

Read the links, the Mayor suspended all "no parking" rules and meters.

So if the city workers were bored/lazy and "accidentally" hit every car on the block, it's all the owners' fault? By this logic, any time your meter expires or you illegally park anywhere, the city has the right to fuck up your car. Awesome.

GTSLOW
12-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Workers Fault....READ

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP9082b49b09a14cb28f1456b7250c61b7.html

and

http://www.examiner.com/government-in-new-york/blizzard-hits-nyc-hard-as-mayor-suspends-parking-meters-1

I don't see anything in there directly talking about this incident?

GTSLOW
12-29-2010, 08:42 AM
Here we go:

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/12/28/2010-12-28_out_of_control_city_tow_truck_destroys_parked_s uv_on_brooklyn_street_video_shows.html#ixzz19VUkRF py

City owned SUV??? :confused

VroomPshhTsi
12-29-2010, 05:48 PM
If it was a city owned SUV then Yoo is right, it's completely the owner's fault :rolf

Yooformula
12-29-2010, 06:45 PM
and yet here is the other side of it! streets unplowed get the officials in deep shit and a baby died because the paramedics couldnt get to the house for 9 hours! If I were the plow drivers, damm straight I would have totalled that car and everyone of them if they kept me from clearing the street. Firefighters, paramedics and cops would push a car out of the way if it was blocking them too. There is a bigger picture besides a single car when it comes to small streets and a major city being snowed in under 2' of snow.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2928462020101229?feedName=OutloudFeed&feedType=RSS&rpc=1120

0TransAm0
12-29-2010, 06:50 PM
Eh who cares. That's what insurance is for.

FoxStang
12-29-2010, 07:25 PM
There are many options for you to keep your car off the street, but most just feel they can be lazy. You ever live in a big city? This statement couldn't be further from reality. There's a reason why most large cities charge you crazy prices to keep your vehicle in the city, there is barely enough room.

VroomPshhTsi
12-29-2010, 07:32 PM
and yet here is the other side of it! streets unplowed get the officials in deep shit and a baby died because the paramedics couldnt get to the house for 9 hours! If I were the plow drivers, damm straight I would have totalled that car and everyone of them if they kept me from clearing the street. Firefighters, paramedics and cops would push a car out of the way if it was blocking them too. There is a bigger picture besides a single car when it comes to small streets and a major city being snowed in under 2' of snow.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2928462020101229?feedName=OutloudFeed&feedType=RSS&rpc=1120

Please, even if every car was off the street, it would have taken an ambulance hours to get anywhere. What if you totalled a car that had a baby in it? There's a word for that too, reckless. Everyone wishes their street was cleared faster than it is.