PDA

View Full Version : Student Loans

Cutlass Queen
12-27-2010, 12:54 PM
I have a few private student loans that I'd like to consolidate to a fixed interest rate. Does anyone know of any companies that they may have loans through that have applications available for private student loans with fixed rates? Any help is appreciated.

PonyKiller87
12-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Your pretty much SOL, I tried doing the same thing and theres really nothing out there.

88Nightmare
12-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Your pretty much SOL, I tried doing the same thing and theres really nothing out there.

you must not have even bothered to search.

a quick google search for "consolidate student loans" yielded countless results, with this being the first one

https://www.wellsfargo.com/jump/regional/privateconsolidation?&kw=student%20loan%20consolidation&s=ggl&adgroup=explore_studentloans.consolidate_general_w i_exact&adcampaign=wi&ovmtc=exact&site=&adcopy=2824664557&ovkey=student%20loan%20consolidation

PonyKiller87
12-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Yeah give that a try and let me know how it goes. Plenty of places advertise it but its only for subsidized loans. If you have a private loan like she said most of the time they won't do it unless you can either make a huge down payment or throw up a house or something as colateral.

GHOSST
12-28-2010, 02:33 AM
Who are your loans through? Mines are through Great Lakes Borrows, and they easily consolidated my loans with one phone call.

PureSound15
12-28-2010, 08:27 AM
Because of the Health Care Bill, true student loans are only offered through the government and no private bank or credit union can offer such a product like the original stafford stuff.

Chase and some of the others have their own program - but the rates are pretty high because of the risk.

Any "student loan" would be another loan product like an unsecured line, unless the institution has developed its own program since the passing of the bill.

Just an FYI if you're asking for student loan products, rather than just consolidation (which if you have the necessary collateral, can work out well).

Cutlass Queen
12-28-2010, 11:57 AM
There are a ton of companies that offer loan consolidation for federal loans, it's hard to find any company right now that will consolidate for a private loan. When you do find one it's usually a variable interest rate and not fixed. The one company I want out of is AES (american education services) my loans got sold to them and they are screwing me over big time.