PDA

View Full Version : Best indoor water park?

Prince Valiant
12-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Who's been to enough to say?

I've been to Kalahari and enjoyed their indoor park...so if anything, I'm fine going back.

But, I've heard wilderness had better, and have also heard others...so if you've been to one or more, please, give a review or an opinion.

Looking to go w/ the wife for an upcoming birthday :thumbsup

PureSound15
12-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Hard choice between the Wilderness and Kalahari. Those 2 are definitely the best, IMO.

03Seville
12-26-2010, 03:23 PM
I've worked in both of them among others and they are by far the best. Between the two though its personal opinion. Wilderness has more imo but theirs alot more walking involved too...

My vote goes to wilderness but youll be happy with either or.

BoosTT
12-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Depends on the ages

Prince Valiant
12-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Depends on the agesFrom 26 to 36....

Crawlin
12-26-2010, 04:23 PM
I've done, Wilderness, Kalahari, Chula Vista, Mt Olympus.

I loved Chula Vista, but that was only because I was there during the summer and the outdoor stuff was pretty cool too. It's settled back out of the way of the other places, so not as many people are usually there in comparison.

Kalahari, it was awesome, the "King Suite" was fun for a two person retreat, but hard to fit two people in the hot tub, haha. The indoor park was cool, has one of the better arcades to play around in compared to the others. I don't think any of the others have the little wave rider thing, so if you wanted to try that this would be your only place.

Wilderness fell a bit short in my opinion compared to Chula Vista, but it's been like 6 years since I was there. So maybe the indoor park has changed. The ONE thing I did like is if this is a date type thing for just you and the woman, you can stay at the Sundara Spa/Resort which if you can get one of the suites is better than any of the other places I've stayed at including a suite down at Riviera Miya. You can get some rest and relaxation and spa stuff, and they allow you to use the Wilderness indoor park(or that was how it was back when I stayed there)

PB86MCSS
12-26-2010, 06:20 PM
From my memory, and I've been to each one at least a couple times in the past 3-4 years: Kalahari> Chula Vista> Wilderness for the indoor water parks.

CarrotTop
12-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Wilderness all the way.

GTSLOW
12-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Been to a few as well. I like the wilderness better, it was also cheaper as well.

kirks5oh
12-27-2010, 11:41 AM
i went to the wilderness lodge last year with the family (young kids). we stayed at the smaller lodge in one of the large suites, and it was great--the room was enormous, with two large bedrooms, kitchen, living room, and a decent sized hottub. definitely going back this year, but we'll try kalihari. don't think you can go wrong with any of the 3 listed.

RanJer
12-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Just throwing it out there.. but what about Great Wolf?

Prince Valiant
12-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Just throwing it out there.. but what about Great Wolf?Absolutely open to the great wolf as well...but basing my decision on which has the best indoor waterpark since my birthday is in feb....

pashtrd
12-27-2010, 01:22 PM
we stayed at american world 2 weeks ago, came with free passes to Mt Olympis. we went on a wednesday. absolutely had the place to ourselves! it was great, and the kids had a blast.

RanJer
12-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Absolutely open to the great wolf as well...but basing my decision on which has the best indoor waterpark since my birthday is in feb....

Great wolf has an indoor waterpark... I'm no judge considering that's the only one I've been to. Guessing since it hasnt been mentioned its not as good as the others?

Prince Valiant
12-27-2010, 02:43 PM
I ended up booking two nights at Wilderness.

When I went with what I could see online, Kalahari looked like they had just a bit more in terms of fun stuff as far as water parks were concerned...but only a small edge. Given that wilderness looked close enough in terms of size/offerings, AND the fact that it was half the cost a night (99 vs 199), I figured it wouldn't hurt to try something new.

Kalahari definitely seemed to have the most overall...from spa to theme park/arcade/ restaurants; but hey, I plan on eating outside the resort anyways, and spa's are not really mine nor my wife's cup o' tea...so for the money, wilderness seemed a better value.

definitely all the places looked like a blast though....

WhatsADSM
12-27-2010, 03:15 PM
You will like it for sure. I have always enjoyed the wilderness and just as you mentioned I think its probably the best bang-for-the-buck while maybe not being the best money can buy.

Have fun!

Car Guy
12-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Overall Kalahari is #1 but you cannot go wrong for that price.....

88Nightmare
12-27-2010, 04:54 PM
any of those places accept pets?

Dasred
12-27-2010, 04:58 PM
We made reservations a few weeks ago for Chula Vista in February for our Anniversary.
Got the all-inclusive deal, we're really looking forward to it.

CarrotTop
12-27-2010, 05:04 PM
I ended up booking two nights at Wilderness.

When I went with what I could see online, Kalahari looked like they had just a bit more in terms of fun stuff as far as water parks were concerned...but only a small edge. Given that wilderness looked close enough in terms of size/offerings, AND the fact that it was half the cost a night (99 vs 199), I figured it wouldn't hurt to try something new.

Kalahari definitely seemed to have the most overall...from spa to theme park/arcade/ restaurants; but hey, I plan on eating outside the resort anyways, and spa's are not really mine nor my wife's cup o' tea...so for the money, wilderness seemed a better value.

definitely all the places looked like a blast though....

You will enjoy it. I go yearly to wilderness. Sure bit of walking but worth it.

Also should go eat and Buffalo Phil's Bar and Grill. Such Good Food love that place must stop each time i go.

http://www.buffalophilsgrille.com/

Car Guy
12-27-2010, 05:18 PM
I go yearly to wilderness. Sure bit of walking but worth it

This was my biggest complaint when we went 3-4 years ago, walking mile long cold hallways in swimwear. The best part was when somebody would let a huge gust of 10* air in while entering or leaving through an outside door.....:punch:

PB86MCSS
12-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Can get into most of the water parks "free" as long as they don't scan your bracelet, if you want to be cheap about it (and I/we are).