07-28-2004, 04:21 PM
This is a convo that my girl had with a ricer friend of her's
This car is a 1997 Cavilier Z24 Auto
DONE300AT21: hey there what is up
PlayBoyBunnie: n/m u?

DONE300AT21: really
DONE300AT21: sorry to hear that
DONE300AT21: your not going to believe what i did last weekend

PlayBoyBunnie: lol the crap isnt bad just confusing crap...what?

DONE300AT21: i see......I beat a brand new trans am and a brand new camero Z28 in a street race last week because I just spent about $1300 on my engine...lol...and i won about $1500 back between them both
PlayBoyBunnie: Really? Last year for f-bodys was 02' what did you do to your engine?

PlayBoyBunnie: do tell
DONE300AT21: modified it a bit
PlayBoyBunnie: nitrous? turbo?
DONE300AT21: brand new headers...turbo kit.....No Nos yet...but I'm getting there....and brand new $800 alternator and battery so it dishes out more power...that way also...and some awesome head gaskets

DONE300AT21: brand new pully system...
DONE300AT21: I beat the camero worst then i did the trans am
DONE300AT21: i only beat the trans am by about 2 car links

PlayBoyBunnie: and where was the race?
PlayBoyBunnie: at GLD?

DONE300AT21: i beat the camero by almost a block....lol....No..the race was at 17th and pierce

PlayBoyBunnie: i have no clue where that is...
PlayBoyBunnie: so how much horse power you crankin?

DONE300AT21: a little over 300 I have to go get it checked out, but I think I have it to about 320 or so
DONE300AT21: i'm not done with it yet,...i'm getting a bigger engine put in
DONE300AT21: i'm getting a 4.0 put in
DONE300AT21: so i can increase the horsepower even more, and get a different hood with a hood scope

PlayBoyBunnie: lol trans ams and camaro',s if it was a new z28 they crank over 300hp or more!!

DONE300AT21: well i still beat it.....

PlayBoyBunnie: =/ Im sure you did

DONE300AT21: it was funny
DONE300AT21: my car just switched gears a bit quicker then his
DONE300AT21: while he was peeling out....i was going down the road
DONE300AT21: i find that it is almost better to race when you have no tread on your tires...lol....it seemed to help me a little better

PlayBoyBunnie: ummm ok...
PlayBoyBunnie: did u squeal your tires?

DONE300AT21: ....yea my tires squeal....they be loud also
DONE300AT21: but don't last long

PlayBoyBunnie: HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! have u raced the eloy's 3000 gt VR4 TT yet?

DONE300AT21: not since i got the upgrades
DONE300AT21: otherwise I know i can't beat him

PlayBoyBunnie: but with the upgrades you think u can beat him?

DONE300AT21: not sure

PlayBoyBunnie: ohh

Firefighter Z
07-28-2004, 04:22 PM
Part 2

DONE300AT21: probably not cause his car don't squeal or anything like that, so he would probably beat me but it could be a close one...has josh tried to race him yet?

PlayBoyBunnie: yeah they race its fun Josh always smoked the sh1t out of him from a roll and a stop..why dont you & josh race if your car is so fast?
PlayBoyBunnie: he just got headers on his ride and maybe something more

DONE300AT21: maybe I will

PlayBoyBunnie: you should
PlayBoyBunnie: it would be fun =) LOL

DONE300AT21: lol....

playboybunnie: do you know how fast ur car goes in a 1/4 mile

DONE300AT21: 10.2 for the 1/4

playboybunnie: whats the MPH and 60' if you went 10.2???

End of coversation...
Maybe one of you guys should IM him on AOL and bust him out and post the convo on the board.

Josh

99cav
07-28-2004, 04:23 PM
oh for the love...

i know a cavy cant put out over 300 horse with just a turbo kit. I've seen it done! But i do know they can run 12.8's on 15 psi :burnout

wait nevermind... he has a new alternator and nice head gaskets... daayyummm

Pig Pen
07-28-2004, 05:03 PM
What the hell.... :wtf How old is this kid. That seems like a conversation that I had between my 12 year old cousin and me when he was telling me his brother's 95 Civic DX had 375hp(he only has intake, header, and exhaust mind you).

GRNDNL
07-28-2004, 05:25 PM
What the hell.... :wtf How old is this kid. That seems like a conversation that I had between my 12 year old cousin and me when he was telling me his brother's 95 Civic DX had 375hp(he only has intake, header, and exhaust mind you).

:rolf :rolf

I'll race him for the $1500 he won..... :shades

Firefighter Z
07-28-2004, 06:20 PM
Hes 24 and dumb as h3ll... Ive beaten him so many times....

lotsals1
07-28-2004, 08:34 PM
i've seen that car -i was so taken by it after he won my money i had to take a pic

Poncho
07-28-2004, 08:48 PM
white thunder buddy, tell em you have a friend w/ a grand prix w/ the "tornado" intake that makes it sound like a vacuum cleaner screaming that wants to race them.

Reminds me of this blue civic.
new - w/ body kit, kit looks kinda nice, non-ricey. has 14" spinner hubcaps, no system, a 5-speed and girls in the car. dude flys by me, we hit a light *right away* I rev once and of course he revs a million times, radio up girls laughing. I see it go red on the other light, I hear him start to rev it up to dump the clutch, I stall up to 3k and just go @ it, I purposely did a smoke show to show him what's up. :thumbsup owned him. hit another light, he wanted more, I launched it like I shoulda owned him way worse. this time we hit a light, he's not revving not looking, just turns up his radio to "distortion" I hit freek-a-leek, but make sure to turn my eq for the subs waaaaaaayyyyyy up. his dice is shaking to my bass. :tomato

he squeels his tires bad, I stay @ a gentle 1/2 throttle and stay ahead, then I manually shift it to 1st for a sec just to get it to light the tires in 1st @ 30 to be a ****. :3gears:

he hit another light. I say (now his radio is down a bit) "I think your girlies are in the wrong car, loser." all the girls laugh @ him, his girlfriend clearly embarrased like him, still lets out a smirk, then covers her mouth so he doesn't see. Some bystanders laugh @ his "spinners" They hear me call him a tool, they laugh too. light goes green he's pissed, so what's he do? revs it sky high and has the radio blasting ------ right by a cop. Hello ticket.

Now -- this guy had it coming. Always revs. was severely tailgating me beforehand, I think holeshots in walmart -- where people walk, is enough reason for my severe multiple ass-kickin' of that big bad EX w/ the big bad v-tec.

highschoolers (nee: idiots) w/ sport compacts/imports, when will they learn. :confused

Pig Pen
07-28-2004, 08:55 PM
This kid reminds me of the Iroc Man Vs. Speeding Tickets radio clip. I wonder if he washes and waxes his sweet ride everyday so radar bounces off it and hits the cop's car and it reads the cruisers speed not his sweet ride. It also must be made of the same metal as the Stealth too.

GHOSST
07-28-2004, 09:06 PM
That guys insulting... John, take him and shut him up, show him a real Z24:thumbsup

PB86MCSS
07-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Thats the ricer mentality and brain power we have all come to love. :goof

I especially love it when they zoom past you and cut off cars including yourself to get in a lane....you know, because tHeY bE So BaDaSs Yo ShOwInG oFf ThEy MaD sKiLlz AnD pOwAh.

My alternator only gave me 10hp...I wonder what brand/style he has?

Sometimes I wish I had a nice big truck and a plow on front so I could go to town on the idiot ricers and just smack them off the road :D.

Lash
07-28-2004, 09:31 PM
oh for the love...

i know a cavy cant put out over 300 horse with just a turbo kit. I've seen it done! But i do know they can run 12.8's on 15 psi :burnout

wait nevermind... he has a new alternator and nice head gaskets... daayyummm

:thumbsup I agree.

What is this kids real name? Maybe I've seen him around or on the .org.

JWebsGTP
07-28-2004, 09:36 PM
'Camero' ... why does every ricer spell it that way? For being so smart in the automotive world, you would think they would know. :loser

Crawlin
07-28-2004, 09:36 PM
how the hell can someone be so ignorant that he tosses out a number he never ran, and with a car that hs no business even being that close. Hell my motor probably costs as much as his car and i don't even expect it to be close in e.t.

Chris

ChevelleBabe88
07-28-2004, 09:37 PM
Sometimes I wish I had a nice big truck and a plow on front so I could go to town on the idiot ricers and just smack them off the road :D.

Ha yeah i know what you mean at those times im glad we have an army truck... :thumbsup just hook the winch up to there A$$ and tow them away or in your case just run them over :-P

the truck does come in handy Jason is pulling out trees with it right now not parts of trees the whole tree :thumbsup :thumbsup

Cjburn
07-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Unfortunately there seems to be a large contingent of kids who own newer cars who have no clue as to ANYTHING that relates to their cars. However, I would be hesitant to call this kid a ricer, since his car is a Cavalier. What do you call people who own domestics, that have that certain type of mentality? I'd put this guy in the same category as anyone who has a mid 80's Chevy Caprice with a 305 and just straight pipes, who think they're car is fast, since it's a V8. There is a group of people who are the domestic equivilent of a "ricer" but drive domestic.
I think it's your guys place to name these special people...

Crawlin
07-28-2004, 09:45 PM
still a ricer in my opinion. doesn't matter what he drives. it's the mentality that makes the person a ricer if you ask me. hell i'll say a fellow LS1 WS6 owner is a ricer(that red one that was on ebay a while back)

Chris

Lash
07-28-2004, 09:46 PM
Yeah...ricer is fine with me.

JWebsGTP
07-28-2004, 10:03 PM
Yup, ricer is usually an attitude. But I have seen plenty of park bench spoilers and type R badges on Korean and Euro cars... mad tyte :rolf

lotsals1
07-28-2004, 10:06 PM
here is a lil help guide

TransAm12sec
07-28-2004, 10:08 PM

No this guy is more believable. They’re similar, but the caviler guy is not as bad.

TransAm12sec
07-28-2004, 10:13 PM
This kid reminds me of the Iroc Man Vs. Speeding Tickets radio clip. I wonder if he washes and waxes his sweet ride everyday so radar bounces off it and hits the cop's car and it reads the cruisers speed not his sweet ride. It also must be made of the same metal as the Stealth too.

Why is there no edit button? I meant to quote this guy.

Al
07-28-2004, 10:13 PM
Attitude, yes.

I'm not a ricer in my integra. Just to show the attitide concept. I only picked off two races I was positive I could win (so few at that). Then again, that civic lx is not much of a challenge. I'll save the speed demon for the track. As for the track, not the 1/4. A 16 sec run is embarassing. I could have fun cutting time off each run through improved shifting and launch, but I'll still feel like one of them "import dorks."

Blackhawk raceway is a good place for an import like my teg. Because of the classifications, it can be competetive. I'd love a more powerful car, but $$$ are limited.

lotsals1
07-28-2004, 10:51 PM
and another help vid
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/86MonteSS/musclebossanova.wmv

PB86MCSS
07-28-2004, 11:38 PM
I think it's your guys place to name these special people...

Acts like a ricer, looks like a ricer(they all do dress the same hah) and talks like a ricer....then they are a ricer :). Its a mentality like mentioned. Many domestic cars/owners are riced/ricers. Not just Neons and J-Bodies either ;). Although most domestic rice comes from these it seems...

And there is probably 20 to 1 the amount of people in their Civics, Integras or Neons(not all of these are neccisarily ricers, so settle down you folks ;) ) who think they are badass compared to people in their Caprices, Camaros or domestic cars with a weaker(98% of 305's) V-8 that think they are badass :). Not saying they don't exist but I think most of them have a better grip on reality as to ricers who seem to think their car is a high performance machine with an *intake*(pet peeve: intake manifold or air intake, PLEASE dictate) and grapefruit shooter exhaust.

SlowStee
07-28-2004, 11:47 PM
so when WE gonna run this guy josh :D

99cav
07-28-2004, 11:55 PM
I'll run him with my cavy.... it will be good times... good times indeed. I could use some extra cash :goof

quickcarl
07-29-2004, 12:32 AM
IDIOTS :goof

GHOSST
07-29-2004, 03:08 AM
I'll run him with my cavy.... it will be good times... good times indeed. I could use some extra cash :goof

Thats what I'm talking about! Anywho, its so true some ignorant ricers dont know cars beyond their own. At certain street races I attended:banana, when I ran some ricers, I was told they never seen a Camaro launch like mine, which was oh so stock then:thumbsup, so basically there used to "Camaro's" which hold V6's, or the RS's too. So I wasn't suprised. Maybe this is how they all think, when they beat a "Camaro", they think its geared toward all Camaros, cause they obviously dont know any better. :rockwoot:

02hawk796
07-29-2004, 03:20 AM
still a ricer in my opinion. doesn't matter what he drives. it's the mentality that makes the person a ricer if you ask me. hell i'll say a fellow LS1 WS6 owner is a ricer(that red one that was on ebay a while back)

Chris

Yep, domestic rice is still rice. I want one of those batteries he (done300at21) got that adds 80hp. You guys seen that RiceStang that's nasty yellow with twin huge fart cannon which scrapes the ground? Serious rice.
Another RiceStang in Franklin:

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/490000-490999/490757_63.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/490000-490999/490757_64_full.jpg

And does anybody know if this is a normal option, or is this a Hwy100 Rice Special?
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/490000-490999/490757_42_full.jpg

honda
07-29-2004, 08:34 AM

Got Sohc?
this is 1.6L from civic dx stock came 106hp
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=923646

honda will put some serious power with only 1.8L and run 10sec all day long........before you make fun of someone else ThinK

GRNDNL
07-29-2004, 08:45 AM
Got Sohc?

honda will put some serious power with only 1.8L and run 10sec all day long........before you make fun of someone else ThinK

Ahhhh, Thats a 11.6 car......Would, Could, Should run 10s don't count. Theres a big difference between 11.6 and running 10s "all day".

honda
07-29-2004, 08:55 AM
Ahhhh, Thats a 11.6 car......Would, Could, Should run 10s don't count. Theres a big difference between 11.6 and running 10s "all day".

yes you are right

and thats 1.6L
i was saying if it was 1.8L motor from ls gsr or type r integer it would run 10sec with 500whp

this car with slicks would run low 11 for sure ............

Dynoed @ 445Whp and 342WTQ
Best E/T: 11.68@126 on BFG's
11.68@126 on BFG drag radials with a 2.0 sixty foot, the car with a set of slicks will yield a 10sec pass easily.

99cav
07-29-2004, 09:29 AM
I hope my car doesnt look like a ricer! :wow

id hafta do some changing!

GRNDNL
07-29-2004, 09:53 AM

:wstupid :wtf

Ahhh, No......Again, Could run, Should run, Would run does not count.........
Unless he runs a number "with Slicks" its a 11.60 car.....Period.....Just another wanna-be 10 second car. 11.60s to Low 11s is a huge jump....I'll believe it when I see it.

I have NEVER seen a 10 second Honda at the track other than Bees race car, If it was soooo easy and cheap the track would be over run with them..... :rolleyes:

jbiscuit
07-29-2004, 10:45 AM
regardless, 11.6's out of that single cam is quite impressive :thumbsup

GHOSST
07-29-2004, 11:29 AM
I hope my car doesnt look like a ricer! :wow

id hafta do some changing!

I think your cool:thumbsup. Your ride is sweet, the black on black helps alot! Your wheels rock too. I think there's a fine definition between rice and sport compact. I beleive sportcompact was made out of the necessity to not be completely associated with imports, in American terms??:confused. Summit has thier particluar "sport compact" section, so its either to save face of non imports, or even simply just to save face on imports period, giving the whole genre a respectable name. Anywho, my personal opinion is rice and sport compact are two different types.

John's Chevy Cav: Sport Compact
Mystery Import Ricer or Sport Compacts with similar mods(cavs,saturns,pontiacs etc): Huge wing, fart can, stickers, bodykits, inches lowered from the ground..etc, etc. :rockwoot:

GHOSST
07-29-2004, 11:32 AM
yes you are right

and thats 1.6L
i was saying if it was 1.8L motor from ls gsr or type r integer it would run 10sec with 500whp

Dynoed @ 445Whp and 342WTQ
Best E/T: 11.68@126 on BFG's
11.68@126 on BFG drag radials with a 2.0 sixty foot, the car with a set of slicks will yield a 10sec pass easily.

Yet another must plead his case. I'm starting to beleive this is the same person over and over again....

PB86MCSS
07-29-2004, 12:15 PM

What does that have to do with people ricing their cars out? Myself and others will continue to make fun of riced out cars and their idiot owners regardless how many *11 second* Hondas are out there, or other cars....

There is a difference between ricers and people who just make their cars faster or do a few simple mods and realize their car is slow and don't act like king **** :).

How fast you want to go is how much money you want to spend...just takes Hondas a bit more :-P . I'd rather go faster for cheaper and break less parts.

Lash
07-29-2004, 02:35 PM
Sorry...I had to....

nothing like getting flamed by your own kind (http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=5&i=285521&t=285521)

:loser

SlowStee
07-29-2004, 02:38 PM
Sorry...I had to....

nothing like getting flamed by your own kind (http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=5&i=285521&t=285521)

:loser

hey you talk to nick aiello? His Z24 is finally getting to its final stages of completion :devil

Lash
07-29-2004, 02:40 PM
Yeah...I saw his post on the org. about the ECU swap. He's done a ton of work to that thing. I hope it really pays off for him. It has the possibility to be the fastest "street" cavalier. It pulled pretty good the last time I was in it. That was even before the tranny/ECU swaps, too. :rockwoot:

Pig Pen
07-29-2004, 03:23 PM
Got Sohc?

Blow me HONDA. I used to own a Civic. I used to mod a Civic. I used to love my Civic. Then I grew up and realized Honda=sh!t and bought a DSM, and soon start my project 440 Mopar. Get over it and you should think twice before trying to b.s. me on how great Honda's are, I'm not in that frat anymore. I could drop the same amount of money in to my DSM as I did my Civic and be running a good time at the track.

honda
07-29-2004, 03:41 PM
Blow me HONDA. I used to own a Civic. I used to mod a Civic. I used to love my Civic. Then I grew up and realized Honda=sh!t and bought a DSM, and soon start my project 440 Mopar. Get over it and you should think twice before trying to b.s. me on how great Honda's are, I'm not in that frat anymore. I could drop the same amount of money in to my DSM as I did my Civic and be running a good time at the track.

dms=****

they brake a lot SAD!

V8's and honda's rule

SlowStee
07-29-2004, 03:49 PM
"v8s and hondas rule"

:rolf.....no.......:nutkick

Pig Pen
07-29-2004, 04:32 PM
dms=****

they brake a lot SAD!

V8's and honda's rule

DMS??? I don't know what those or that is but I'll guess I'd have to take your advise that they are sh!t. I already know that DSM break alot and so does any car that anyone drives, its part of life.

Cjburn
07-29-2004, 05:08 PM
dms=****

they brake a lot SAD!

V8's and honda's rule

BRAKE??? You mean they slow down a lot? :wtf

Poncho
07-29-2004, 07:02 PM
yeah just v8's and hondas rule.

so I guess those flat-4 boxer engines in the Subi's WRX an STIs the GM variants of the 3.8 turbo and sc'd, along w/ many others are also ****, oh...... wait.... Even those OWN hondas until the honda guy spends a couple grand just to stay side by side w/ those...... and those are the "slow" cars around BCM -- the 13 second cars. I'd rather be in a Ecotec Cavi waaaaayyyyy before I'm found in a Honda Civic, @ least they are a car that looks good to begin with.

99cav
07-29-2004, 07:10 PM
at least my car has a decent size 4 cylinder engine in it! 2.4 liters!

i think i need to mount another one in the trunk

Lash
07-29-2004, 08:51 PM
Whats this??????

A GP owner saying a cavy looks good??????

*tries to wake up*

:banana

j/p :goof

They aren't the greatest.... but my payment is low... it gets me to work and back.....it's better than most hondas... and it'll get me by until I can afford a car I really want.

honda
07-29-2004, 09:03 PM
at least my car has a decent size 4 cylinder engine in it! 2.4 liters!

i think i need to mount another one in the trunk

big deal 2.4L with only 150hp
2.2L H22A 200hp 161tq, swap it in a civic h/b and you run high 13sec

cavalier.............yes they are good with GTP swap

Lash
07-29-2004, 09:21 PM
All I know is 2.4 cavy's really come alive when you add boost. 12's on a stock internal motor with basically a pieced together turbo kit (T3/T04e) and street tires aint to shabby.... imagine the possiblilty with built internals.

If all goes well with Nicks cavy..... he should be giving some of these fast local import owners one hell of a run. :3gears:

:shades

honda
07-29-2004, 09:31 PM
All I know is 2.4 cavy's really come alive when you add boost. 12's on a stock internal motor with basically a pieced together turbo kit (T3/T04e) and street tires aint to shabby.... imagine the possiblilty with built internals.

If all goes well with Nicks cavy..... he should be giving some of these fast local import owners one hell of a run. :3gears:

:shades

is he going for 11sec?
thats great to see some fast cavis on the road

Poncho
07-29-2004, 09:38 PM
that's the thing all these import losers need motor swaps.

screw that H22, swap in a L67, LS1, LS2 or LS6, you'll learn what torque AND horsepower are.

swap in a L67 to a J-body and be low 13's w/out any work. do cheap mods to one, watch out! holy sleeper batman.

in fact......... there's a guy w/ a L67'd cavi behind the 5-speed...... last time I checked it hauled major ass, you know what whole TORQUE and horepower thing. something about easy 12's w/out much work. kinda sounds like a LS1 or GN, easy 12's.

last time I checked a Ecotecd crappalier isn't much work for 14's. either way.... better than a riceburner.......

Easy way to settle it.... drive your rice mobile.....

then go to the local Pontiac dealership then take out a Comp G. be amazed w/ that torque thing. now before your done, hop in the GXP next to it. Now I'm sure you've creamed your pants by now, and are ready to trade in the Honda.. but wait..... hop in that 6-speed GTO. after that head across town to the chevy/caddy dealership, and find yourself in a ZO6 or a CTS-V. You'll appreciate torque. we can do this w/ the Subi's and Mitsu's too. Wheather it's a Evo or a DSM. they all make Hondas look like crap. My god, if you're gonna get a Honda @ least get one that looks good like a S2K.

Face it, Honda civics are on the far bottom of the whole sport compact level.
They are a joke. Want a SC/Rice car? there's a ton of better choices. Even in Honda alone, there are better choices.

Isn't that everyone's beef w/ Civics??

UGLY
99% Slow --- Enough that even my *low on the totem pole of respectably quick newer domestics* car doesn't need more than 1/2 throttle to keep ahead of them.
Sound like crap.
Cheap and poor quality.
Need to swap drivetrains to even start thinking about going quick. I'll spend alot less to go from 14's to 12's than they will going from 17's to 13's. And my ride will still: Look better, be more comfortable, go faster, and not be just a cookie cutter car.

find me a "stock" civic that has what a much faster relatively *STOCK* GTP has
leather
Head Up Display
Driver's Information Center
Performance and regular transmission modes (w/ a real difference)
room for 5
18 cu. ft. trunk.
30 mpg and 300hp (give or take)
factory 16's (17's on new ones) that aren't STEEL.
4 wheel disc
useful cup holders
factory alarm, passkey, VATS
power locks, windows, sunroof
digital climate control w/ ambient temp display
steering wheel controls
Programmable alarm/interior light delays for personal taste.
8 speaker factory radio.

I could go on....

Lash
07-29-2004, 09:40 PM
is he going for 11sec?
thats great to see some fast cavis on the road

He posts on here every so often....maybe he can answer that for himself. I don't want to speak for him...ya know.

The car that ran 12's is a different car...wich is in the process of also being "built" ;)...also a local guy. The list of boosted J-bodies around here has got to be nearing the double digits. :rockwoot:

Lash
07-29-2004, 09:42 PM
in fact......... there's a guy w/ a L67'd cavi behind the 5-speed...... last time I checked it hauled major ass, you know what whole TORQUE and horepower thing. something about easy 12's w/out much work. kinda sounds like a LS1 or GN, easy 12's.

Ya...I really wish he'd get that thing to the track. With his mods + nitrous...watch out :rockwoot: . Thats gonna be a fun car to launch :wooo

honda
07-29-2004, 09:52 PM
that's the thing all these import losers need motor swaps.

screw that H22, swap in a L67, LS1, LS2 or LS6, you'll learn what torque AND horsepower are.

swap in a L67 to a J-body and be low 13's w/out any work. do cheap mods to one, watch out! holy sleeper batman.

last time I checked a Ecotecd crappalier isn't much work for 14's. either way.... better than a riceburner.......

Easy way to settle it.... drive your rice mobile.....

then go to the local Pontiac dealership then take out a Comp G. be amazed w/ that torque thing. now before your done, hop in the GXP next to it. Now I'm sure you've creamed your pants by now, and are ready to trade in the Honda.. but wait..... hop in that 6-speed GTO. after that head across town to the chevy/caddy dealership, and find yourself in a ZO6 or a CTS-V. You'll appreciate torque. we can do this w/ the Subi's and Mitsu's too. Wheather it's a Evo or a DSM. they all make Hondas look like crap. My god, if you're gonna get a Honda @ least get one that looks good like a S2K.

Face it, Honda civics are on the far bottom of the whole sport compact level.
They are a joke. Want a SC/Rice car? there's a ton of better choices. Even in Honda alone, there are better choices.

Isn't that everyone's beef w/ Civics??

UGLY
99% Slow --- Enough that even my *low on the totem pole of respectably quick newer domestics* car doesn't need more than 1/2 throttle to keep ahead of them.
Sound like crap.
Cheap and poor quality.
Need to swap drivetrains to even start thinking about going quick. I'll spend alot less to go from 14's to 12's than they will going from 17's to 13's. And my ride will still: Look better, be more comfortable, go faster, and not be just a cookie cutter car.

find me a "stock" civic that has what a much faster relatively *STOCK* GTP has
leather
Head Up Display
Driver's Information Center
Performance and regular transmission modes (w/ a real difference)
room for 5
18 cu. ft. trunk.
30 mpg and 300hp (give or take)
factory 16's (17's on new ones) that aren't STEEL.
4 wheel disc
useful cup holders
factory alarm, passkey, VATS
power locks, windows, sunroof
digital climate control w/ ambient temp display
steering wheel controls
Programmable alarm/interior light delays for personal taste.
8 speaker factory radio.

I could go on....

gm should start making all cars manual & auto (auto sucks)

RSX-S 14.8
integra type R 14.8
accord V6 2004 14.5
thay have evrything that you need and they run 14sec

honda + swap = crazy
imagine civic H/B with 1.8L type R swap 210hp from japan and some bolt-ons 12 sec civic no turbo, s/c or nos

deciuss
07-29-2004, 10:49 PM
all this honda bashing woke me up from my slumber.

ok first some people cant aford any thing better then a honda hence why i own one.

second being an owner of one i must say yes they are slow with no TQ
but i do think they look nice stock hence why my outside of the car is still stock.

Pig Pen
07-29-2004, 11:04 PM
I had a big write up on this on MWAS a few months back and its being proven RIGHT HERE for all to see. Honda owners are part of a frat. You say that they aren't that fast and to make one fast you have to put as much money in the motor as it takes to buy a decent house and they swarm you from all other sites. I used to praise the all might H back in 97 when I first got in to cars when I was in High School. I was one of the first people I knew of then (in my area MF/Sussex) that had a Civic that was slammed had rims, exhaust, headers, intake, you know, all the basic bolt ons that make Honda's hit low 11's. Then I got a ride in an GSX. The guy who owned it only put 2 grand into the car and he was smoking me like crazy. I had awoken that the car frat I had pledged myself to and spent many hazings (useless moding) had lead me on the wrong path.

I don't hate every Honda I see. I think they are good cars, they are safe, and they are very easy to maintain. In other words, they are a great beginner car. There are even a few out there that are pretty fast, like Tri's (Acura is close enough). But it gets pretty boring seeing the same "facts" from a new name every time they see someone ripping on Honda's. We have all heard these "facts" before, and I can summerize them in one sentence.

"You can make any Honda fast if you have a blank check and good imagination."

Thats It! And its pretty much a standard for any car. So Honda owners, before you try and say, "Oh yeah! See this set up. Such and such shop made this car and its running 8's!" Just sum it up with the above quote and don't bother posting the link.

Oh yeahk, I'm also an evil Republican so if you want to attack me on that to besides my car that you think brakes really good you can.

Pig Pen
07-29-2004, 11:06 PM
all this honda bashing woke me up from my slumber.

ok first some people cant aford any thing better then a honda hence why i own one.

second being an owner of one i must say yes they are slow with no TQ
but i do think they look nice stock hence why my outside of the car is still stock.

This wasn't a Honda bash untill HONDA made it one. Blame your own kind.

Al
07-29-2004, 11:21 PM
Honda, I had a 2001 Prelude SH with that H22 in it. And yes, that thing was pretty quick. Out-of-the-box, it would walk on a GTP. It was probably my fastest car I have owned to date. Then again, being a newer car, it cost money. With spending less money on my mind, I sold it and bought my 88 mustang. The mustang delivered similar performance at 10% of the cost. You can't buy a civic for the same price as that mustang and go faster. The common big displacement pushrod v8 is the way to go if you want to go fast. You can do the same 1/4 mile times in your civic as a mustang or fbod, but it will cost more. Also, there will be a point where you can not go faster. I've seen mustangs go 7 on a standard chassis (with some major mods like a cage, but still utilizing the unibody for the car shape), yet these fiberglass bodied, tube framed, customed everything civic's can only run 9's, and the full body civics are even slower. Now such speeds are out of my financial ballpark and probably yours too. If you are interested in ripping down GLD, you can get some pretty impressive times, but you could do it so much easier in a domestic.

Back to my lude being my fastest car can be attributed to some mods as well as my 5.0 being a bone-stock convertable with a low-ratio rear end as well as every feature available.

You mentioned those JDM engines from japan, and dollar/hp, you can do much better with a domestic engine swap. If you considered all of the engines available from japan, the top dogs are the skyline and supra engines, they are only pushing the government limited 276 hp by 75 hp in the skyline. As for my 5.0, Ford has a plethora of cheaper, more powerful crate engines, many rated at higher performance levels (double the legal limit)
http://www.fordcobraengines.com/460_506Horsepower.htm , and these are mild engines as well as bi=eing all-motor.

Chevy has their share too
http://allchevyengines.com/605-700.htm

I've seen 1000 hp domestics, but never an import other than a concept VW and Bugatti.

As for the 14 sec hondas, I've seen low 13 sec domestics for the same price.

You probably know that my daily driver is an integra LS. It is quick and good on gas. Also, I took it to blackhawk last week and had a great time. You should take your honda there. My point here is that my teg did well on that track. It is well balanced and very forgiving. The 1/4 is not where it will excel. I'd like to take it there, but only to make some fun runs, never competative.

deciuss
07-29-2004, 11:33 PM
i dont care about my own kind dont put me in there with this so called frat. most are ricers and just dumb and know nothing. silly ricers

i own a honda for one reason not for speed not to win shows but to have a nice new car that will get me from point a to point b and not have to take it into the shop all the time. the honda is a great first car for kids that are in highschool or going to college.

i used to think you could make a honda fast but times change and people change.... btw if the comment about people coming from other places talking about how great imports are was directed to me it should not be. i know the old owner of the site know about the people on this site and its a great place to get highway 100 info.

PB86MCSS
07-30-2004, 12:39 AM
imagine civic H/B with 1.8L type R swap 210hp from japan

Imagine if Japan actually would let in American cars to sell instead having trade go one way. They would really get to know what torque is :D.

I'll take torque any day :3gears: .

Swapping in a motor to break the 200hp mark just ain't my thing.

Pig Pen
07-30-2004, 12:40 AM
DECIUS, I'm Jim from Midwest Auto Sports and I"ve meet you about 50 times. I wasn't directing any comments about you being knew, just that you thought it was a Honda bash, which now it looks like it has turned into.

honda
07-30-2004, 09:59 AM
Imagine if Japan actually would let in American cars to sell instead having trade go one way. They would really get to know what torque is :D.

I'll take torque any day :3gears: .

Swapping in a motor to break the 200hp mark just ain't my thing.

some cars dont need 300+ hp to get in to 13sec

its all about weight and hp

deciuss
07-30-2004, 10:42 AM
13 seconds dont matter many cars with a few bolt ons will get that eazy

Poncho
07-30-2004, 12:18 PM
13 seconds? ha. I spent:
$35 on a pulley
$20 on exhaust
$20 on a conical filter

how much do you spend on a civic w/ full options and weight? :sgay

deciuss
07-30-2004, 12:23 PM
the only streat civic that i know of atm running high 12's for 7th gens at least spend 4 grand for turbo 700 for pnp 200 for new not sure what its called it effects ac and power stearing. new tires will run you 2 grand with rims.

lets say 7 grand?

PB86MCSS
07-30-2004, 12:53 PM
some cars dont need 300+ hp to get in to 13sec

its all about weight and hp

You're absolutely correct about that. But why not just get a Go-Kart if you want to get a gutted small car to run fast? :rolleyes: ;). Some guys get woodies about their cars not weighing much. I'd rather have a 500 hp 4,000 lb car than a 250 hp 2,000 lb car lets say.

I like cars to be comfortable and functional :hump2: . I don't claim to be an expert with modifying Hondas or certain other types of cars but I don't see/hear many budget ones done...just lots of money thrown at them and having shops tune them for the owners. A fast car is a fast car but I just don't understand the fun in having someone do the work for you and spending much more than you have to to go fast.

As I said before....Mmm, torque :D.

Poncho
07-30-2004, 12:58 PM
PB86MCSS

I'm in full agreement. I love the 80's cars, but I think it's cooler, and I'd rather have a fast Monte SS over lets say an IROC. Even my dad is considering selling his '86 IROC in search of a Burgandy T-top'ed Monte SS like his old 86. Why? power and comfort.

Lash
07-30-2004, 01:02 PM
I've actually been looking around for an 86ish Monte SS. I love em. My first car was an 81 Monte (not an SS)with the 281 (? can't really remember...wan't a 305 though) v-8 auto...dog ass slow! I would have been better off with the V-6. I would love to have an SS to do a little motor swap. It would look nice next to my friends near mint/442 rim'd 86 Cutlass. :rockwoot:

honda
07-30-2004, 01:03 PM
13 seconds? ha. I spent:
$35 on a pulley
$20 on exhaust
$20 on a conical filter

how much do you spend on a civic w/ full options and weight? :sgay

GTP S/C how about N/A

how about a gp GT N/A how much do you need to put money in to it to run 13sec

S2000 has 240hp (high 13sec) same as your GTP (high 14sec)
you have 280tq-----------s2000 has 161tq :)

i would drive GTP before accord or civic if they ever made it manual
new GTO looks like 97-02 grand prix but much better thank god it comes 6spd

Lash
07-30-2004, 01:04 PM
It's never gonna end is it? :yawn:

PB86MCSS
07-30-2004, 01:14 PM
Now you guys are on the right track! jk ;) :goof

Yea they are fun...and they weigh about the same as 4th gen f-bodies too, mid 3,000's depending on options...so not super heavy, at least IMO. Buddies 79' prolly weighs no more than 3,200 and is a street car with full interior(also has a slightly modded Cav).

That small V-8 was prolly the 267. I think Car Craft rated it as one of the worst V-8s when they did a top 10 list :D. The stock 305(most modified ones too ;) ) is a dog, I can't imagine what the 267 feels like.

Like any SBC its pretty damn cheap and easy to build up a mean lil' motor. And even with emmissions and the computer controlled carb, pretty easy swap.

Lash
07-30-2004, 01:19 PM
267..thats it. :)

Yeah....it was sloooooww. I'd say 18's in the 1/4 at best...lol

GRNDNL
07-30-2004, 01:38 PM
1987 GN

1988 Factory stock - 14.0s
1989 $75 Chip - 13.7s.
1990 Homemade Test pipe, $40 K&N filter, $250 Cat Back - 12.70s,
1996 $625.00 TA 49 turbo, $100 Walbro Fuel Pump, $90 Adj Fuel Regualtor, Homemade Stock 1 1/2 Stretch Intercooler and slicks - 11.70s

$1200 to make a 3700 lbs, old school, V6 powered grampa car run in the 11s "all day"..... :rolleyes:

deciuss
07-30-2004, 01:44 PM
gn's own i love thows things

honda
07-30-2004, 02:07 PM
1987 GN

1988 Factory stock - 14.0s
1989 $75 Chip - 13.7s.
1990 Homemade Test pipe, $40 K&N filter, $250 Cat Back - 12.70s,
1996 $625.00 TA 49 turbo, $100 Walbro Fuel Pump, $90 Adj Fuel Regualtor, Homemade Stock 1 1/2 Stretch Intercooler and slicks - 11.70s

$1200 to make a 3700 lbs, old school, V6 powered grampa car run in the 11s "all day"..... :rolleyes:

i have seen GN run 11-12sec, yes they are impressive
i that that they run 13.5 stock
its not N/A

Pig Pen
07-30-2004, 02:43 PM
Boo freakin who! Maybe Honda should have made a forced induction car to shut this guy up.

deciuss
07-30-2004, 02:49 PM
they wont. there cars are about mpg at least in the usa other places get the k20a in the civic for a nice 160 hp vic stock but not the USA.

FI is not what they are about maybe after a few years they will realize that to have a wrx or a evo in there line up is the only way to compeate for the 20-30 age range then they maybe will make one but untill then hondas are slow no matter what car even the s2000 that even is hard to get around 600hp lots of money involved.

jbiscuit
07-30-2004, 02:50 PM
I too have owned several Hondas in the day.

1990 Honda Accord EX 5spd
2000 Honda Prelude S 5spd
1989 Honda Civic Si hatchback 5spd

They are good cars. They are very easy to work on and they seem to hold up to a lot of abuse actually. My Prelude had gorgeous paint and there wasn't a squeak in the car at 36K miles when I traded it in. But Pig Pen is correct. Honda owners are like members of a frat. They buy a Honda and worship the mighty H gods or something. Maybe they have never ridden in a car with more potential or something? Not sure. They can be very capable cars but its not going to come under a tight budget thats for sure. Hatchbacks with motorswaps can be built for relatively cheap and be very capable auto X or track machines. Thats about it though. Unless you go NUTS and throw a ton of coin into the motor and trans then it might run a decent ET at the track. But there are so many better relatively inexpensive import platforms to start with if you are gonna go that route:

1991 Galant VR-4 (awd + turbo)
1st Gen DSM (can be found cheap: GSX= awd + turbo)
MKIV Supra (rwd + turbo)
RX-7 (rwd + turbo)

These are just a few. I would also agree that a Honda is a good entry-level tuner car. Buy one and figure how the suspension geometry and how to mod and stuff like that. Drive it for a few years and trade up to something quicker, like a turbo DSM or something. Thats the way to do it. There are cars out there that can go REALLY fast with competent modding from the land of the rising sun.

Like what has been proven on these boards over and over though, the Honda owners are loyal to their frat. I think Honda puts something in the vents to brainwash their customers into this cult-like loyalty.
:burnout

jbiscuit
07-30-2004, 02:53 PM
they wont.

FI is not what they are about maybe after a few years they will realize that to have a wrx or a evo in there line up is the only way to compeate for the 20-30 age range then they maybe will make one but untill then hondas are slow no matter what car even the s2000 that even is hard to get around 600hp lots of money involved.

What are you going for at Whitewater? You should change your major to marketing cuz you have them all figured out. Let me make a phone call. You don't even need a degree...here hold on, I have the President of Honda North America on the line...whats that sir? Deciuss is brilliant? YES! HE IS!!! :stare

deciuss
07-30-2004, 02:55 PM
the honda is gone the day i graduate and get a real job and by then the awd turbo craze should be getting prity good with some great numbers. the next car i will get will be an awd turbo stock. only 3 more years :( cry

Pig Pen
07-30-2004, 03:03 PM
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has a Galant VR4 thats for sale today thats under 3 grand and only has 96,000 on it and its a 92... Hum...

T-Bag
07-30-2004, 03:08 PM
Here's my breakdown of Honda's

1. Honda doesn't have a sports car in their lineup besides the s2000, which is still weak as hell for the price, VERY nice car though.

2. A civic/accord/del sol/minivan/whatever was never meant to go fast. It's meant for reliablity and gas mileage. Honda never had any intentions of making a sports car out of any of these.

3. There is nothing to worship about Honda as far as power goes. None of the top Honda runners use Honda parts. The only thing left stock is the freagin block, so there is no reason to praise Honda for the power, praise the aftermarket companies and the people who built them. Sorry boys, it's not a Honda anymore.

4. The fastest Honda went 10's, but can't be driven on the street. There are many american STREET rods driving around that have no problem touching 8's. Name a Honda other than a funny car that has ever gone that fast.

5. There's only so much you can get out of an engine that's displacement is smaller than a 2 liter bottle. Sure get your Octa-overheadcam 4 banger, I don't give a rats ass, most v-8's nowdays are overhead cam, and DOHC (cobra).

6. Do your GSR swap into a hatchback and you are still a 14 second car and wasted your money on an ugly looking car. Oh ****, I put some pullies/exhaust/gears for thousands less and I just passed you up and still had time to let off the gas and wave at you! That's right the car also weighs over 1000 pounds more.

7. Coulda-shoulda-woulda's dont' count for ****. HAY GUYZ, DO THIS GSR SWAP 13.7 EASILY...AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT I HEAR FROM THE INTERNET.

This post was not meant to offend any people with truly fast imports. However, it still does not change my mind. Just admit, there's only so much you can crank out of a small displacement engine.

Pig Pen
07-30-2004, 03:13 PM
I saw a mouse living a small displacement engine once. It may have been a Honda block.

Lash
07-30-2004, 03:24 PM
3. There is nothing to worship about Honda as far as power goes. None of the top Honda runners use Honda parts. The only thing left stock is the freagin block, so there is no reason to praise Honda for the power, praise the aftermarket companies and the people who built them. Sorry boys, it's not a Honda anymore.

Not to mention that GM has the worlds fastest FWD 4 cyl. car made mostly of GM performance parts. :thumbsup

jbiscuit
07-30-2004, 03:25 PM
notice: the Honda lineup is not designed to be potent on the dragstrip. Though they can be very capable on a road course. You can't just say Hondas are junk. There are millions of them on the road right now. A good majority with mods etc and they are good running cars that hold up very well. The Honda motor is "efficient." I thought it was common knowledge that Honda doesn't give a rats ass about building fast cars for the US consumer. Deciuss enlightened us all today by posting that. Honda will never jump into the "performance" market and try and sell a capable car that will compete with the EVOs, SRT-4s and STis cuz they could careless. They hate the fact that their cars are sold and resold and motors are transplanted into cars they were never designed to go into etc...They want to distance themselves from that whole scene.

Read my post from above. There are cars that have been built that are good import platforms to build a very capable car for the both dragstrip and daily commuter. You could build (with thought to daily driving in mind) a low 11 second 1st Gen DSM awd. It has been done and guys do it all the time. And thats a 2.0L.

jbiscuit
07-30-2004, 03:27 PM
Not to mention that GM has the worlds fastest FWD 4 cyl. car made mostly of GM performance parts. :thumbsup

With probably $2.6 million invested into the R&D of that car also don't forget. Its a car to get attention regardless of the cost invested. It definetely does that :wooo

honda
07-30-2004, 03:36 PM
go to http://www.honda-tech.com and search there are a lot of 10-11sec honda's acura's street driven

Lash
07-30-2004, 03:38 PM
street driven...yes...

but street legal?

jbiscuit
07-30-2004, 03:43 PM
...and a caged, tubbed, prostreeted Nova is street legal?

Lash
07-30-2004, 03:44 PM
I never said it was. :)

Lash
07-30-2004, 03:49 PM
The point I was trying to make is that it seems like the line between "street driven" and "full out drag" is getting thinner and thinner. I've seen some "street" cars that look to be far from "street" :wow .

So what is the deffinition of a "street driven" car?

Al
07-30-2004, 03:53 PM
GTP S/C how about N/A

how about a gp GT N/A how much do you need to put money in to it to run 13sec

S2000 has 240hp (high 13sec) same as your GTP (high 14sec)
you have 280tq-----------s2000 has 161tq :)

i would drive GTP before accord or civic if they ever made it manual
new GTO looks like 97-02 grand prix but much better thank god it comes 6spd
The s2k is more of a 14 sec car. Despite the hp, they don't launch very well.

I see where you are coming from honda, you like your engines small, light, and high rpm power. There is nothing wrong with that, but it is not a good match on the 1/4. I would be great on a road course though. You should seriously consider trying out an event like autocross. SCCA does those events down at miller park. The Midwestern Council (MC) does outocross too, but at racetracks. The MC also has a wide variety of classes for cars. In "D" class, where my teg is, there are 4 classes; S stock, P prepared, M modified, and R race. Mine is DS. You might also get a kick out of my integra only being 11 seconds behind a prepared tt supra on a 1.95 mile track.

try these links
http://my.execpc.com/~mcscc/index.html
http://www.scca.org/

BTW- try MC, there events are more localized.

Lash
07-30-2004, 04:08 PM
The Miller Park autox's are cool. It's fun watching people loose control...lol
although I haven't tried it yet so I shouldn't talk. :tomato

GRNDNL
07-30-2004, 04:37 PM
go to http://www.honda-tech.com and search there are a lot of 10-11sec honda's acura's street driven

More internet racing..... :rolleyes:

Show me one, bring it to the track.........

I have NEVER seen a 10 Honda street car....EVER.....

Poncho
07-31-2004, 06:46 PM
so now a S2k is a 13 sec car, and a GTP is a high 14sec car? I've witnessed stock gtp's do mid 14's, as I've seen S2Ks do the same. they are very restricted. raising the boost 2.5 psi and shedding nearly a second from "stock" times is good in my book, in a regular family car. GRNDL, quit playin' like a GN is "nothin" they aren't grandpa cars, anyone who thinks so is a crackhead. Everyone and their momma knows that GNs are some kind of underrated secret. The uneducated just think it takes a ton of money to make em fly. If they woulda made more of them, or if that drivetrain got into 2+2's and Aerocoupes, they'd be by far the most popular car from any generation.

These Honda guys......... they crack me up...... :sgay

don't you all know Hondas are better than anything GM, Ford or Mopar, even if their cars whip the **** out of em stock and modded??

and for the record, S2K's don't strike fear in my heart. Their just a typical Honda. You can't make a cake without the batter. And Honda can't make fast (Street, and on a stock motor) cars without torque. Just think if all us domestic guys did motor swaps etc. All the LS1 guys would get C5R motors, all the mopar guys would get crate B.B. Hemis, and all the Ford guys the left over LS1 engines (just kidding) All the L67 guys would ditch the blower for a turbo, or a Gen V blower, and imports will be an even bigger joke.

I forgot all the STi and Evo guys would rip out their AWD drivetrains and motors for something ,anything Honda so they can roll w/ the mighty "H"

I think anyone w/ a Honda should slap on the Honda "Wing" motorcycle badge, @ least they're respectable.

CruxGNZ
07-31-2004, 10:43 PM
GRNDL, quit playin' like a GN is "nothin" they aren't grandpa cars, anyone who thinks so is a crackhead. Everyone and their momma knows that GNs are some kind of underrated secret. The uneducated just think it takes a ton of money to make em fly. If they woulda made more of them, or if that drivetrain got into 2+2's and Aerocoupes...
...or a 240Z :burnout

Sorry, I couldn't resist :D

!M!

The Civic
08-02-2004, 09:53 PM
Man... I just read through all of this and all I can say is that I want to race this "honda" guy at an RSD. I know my car is slow and stupid. I just want to see why he thinks Hondas are so fast and compare it to my car. Ready for the challenge honda? If my slow Honda beats your fast Honda will you at least start realizing that Honda's just are not good for drag racing. If you win good for you and I'll bring a cookie just to shut you the hell up.

Also... Honda... Please stop posting times of OTHER PEOPLE'S cars and MAGAZINE REVIEWS. Those are either done with professional drivers or are estimates. If it isn't yours don't try being proud of it like it is.

KP

civic_power
08-03-2004, 12:02 AM
Here's my breakdown of Honda's

1. Honda doesn't have a sports car in their lineup besides the s2000, which is still weak as hell for the price, VERY nice car though.

2. A civic/accord/del sol/minivan/whatever was never meant to go fast. It's meant for reliablity and gas mileage. Honda never had any intentions of making a sports car out of any of these.

4. The fastest Honda went 10's, but can't be driven on the street. There are many american STREET rods driving around that have no problem touching 8's. Name a Honda other than a funny car that has ever gone that fast.

5. There's only so much you can get out of an engine that's displacement is smaller than a 2 liter bottle. Sure get your Octa-overheadcam 4 banger, I don't give a rats ass, most v-8's nowdays are overhead cam, and DOHC (cobra).

6. Do your GSR swap into a hatchback and you are still a 14 second car and wasted your money on an ugly looking car. Oh ****, I put some pullies/exhaust/gears for thousands less and I just passed you up and still had time to let off the gas and wave at you! That's right the car also weighs over 1000 pounds more.

7. Coulda-shoulda-woulda's dont' count for ****. HAY GUYZ, DO THIS GSR SWAP 13.7 EASILY...AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT I HEAR FROM THE INTERNET.

This post was not meant to offend any people with truly fast imports. However, it still does not change my mind. Just admit, there's only so much you can crank out of a small displacement engine.

Man 1st of all who cares just let me and the honda lovers love our car.
i can have a GSR swap in my car and save more gas and be just as fast as your gas hogger stang. Thats the point.

Any one down with racing me to california see who goes the furthis one full tAnk ONLY.

CruxGNZ
08-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Any one down with racing me to california see who goes the furthis one full tAnk ONLY.
You are going to make it to Cali on one tank of gas? :rolleyes:

!M!

civic_power
08-03-2004, 12:26 AM
yeah just v8's and hondas rule.

so I guess those flat-4 boxer engines in the Subi's WRX an STIs the GM variants of the 3.8 turbo and sc'd, along w/ many others are also ****, oh...... wait.... Even those OWN hondas until the honda guy spends a couple grand just to stay side by side w/ those...... and those are the "slow" cars around BCM -- the 13 second cars. I'd rather be in a Ecotec Cavi waaaaayyyyy before I'm found in a Honda Civic, @ least they are a car that looks good to begin with.

LOL YOUR WRONG BUDDY CAVI ARE REPLECA OF A CIVIC TAKE A GOOD LOOK HAHAHAHA PUT A BODY KIT ON IT LOOKS THE SAME FROM DISTANCE ALL THE AMERICAN SPORT COMPACT CAR ARE REPLECA'S OF CIVICS AND INTEGRA'S. EVEN YOUR GTP HAS THE RICE OUT IMPORT LOOKS HAHA. I REST MY CASE.

civic_power
08-03-2004, 12:29 AM
You are going to make it to Cali on one tank of gas? :rolleyes:

!M!

IS TO SEE IF MY 4 BANGER WILL BEAT YOU IN A DISTANT RUN. I GOT MONEY THAT I HAVE A GSR MOTOR AND RUN AGIANST YOUR V8 POWDER CARS I BEAT YOU IN LONG RUN HAHAHA. STILL SAVING HMMMMM 25MPG MORE THEN YOU WITH A SWAP. I REST MY CASE BYE ALL. :thumbsup

SlowStee
08-03-2004, 01:00 AM
IS TO SEE IF MY 4 BANGER WILL BEAT YOU IN A DISTANT RUN. I GOT MONEY THAT I HAVE A GSR MOTOR AND RUN AGIANST YOUR V8 POWDER CARS I BEAT YOU IN LONG RUN HAHAHA. STILL SAVING HMMMMM 25MPG MORE THEN YOU WITH A SWAP. I REST MY CASE BYE ALL. :thumbsup
****** vagina

MoreTorque
08-03-2004, 01:03 AM
:wtf

:sucks

From cavi's, to ricers, to hondas, to the definition of "Street cars", to fuel mileage.... this topic has it all :locked:

honda
08-03-2004, 08:43 AM
stock honda is not fast but
honda is a fast car if you mod it, and there is a lo00000t of aftermarket stuff for it, a lot more than for a neon or cavi

if you do it right 10 sec are no problem for 1.8L integra engine or accord H22A in a civic

i just dont giva a fuck, you dont like it deal with it

deciuss
08-03-2004, 11:04 AM
i dont think that people that mod there cars give 2 shits about mpg

Pig Pen
08-03-2004, 02:17 PM
if you do it right 10 sec are no problem for 1.8L integra engine or accord H22A in a civic

i just dont giva a fuck, you dont like it deal with it

What the hell are you talking no problem? I guess getting the MONEY, which is alot, is not a problem then.

We don't give a fuck either. We don't like your Frat Boy Honda internet racer theories so you should probably be the one to "get over it".

And one more thing, the Honda Frat's Mission Statement that they say before all meetings and street races, "Live long, drive slow, buy Honda."
Eat me, your Honduh is still lame.

Al
08-03-2004, 04:15 PM
Man 1st of all who cares just let me and the honda lovers love our car.
i can have a GSR swap in my car and save more gas and be just as fast as your gas hogger stang. Thats the point.

Well, you can get to a point where a small engine will have to be so extreme that a larger, more docile engine will have an advantage in mileage.

honda
08-03-2004, 07:36 PM
What the hell are you talking no problem? I guess getting the MONEY, which is alot, is not a problem then.

We don't give a fuck either. We don't like your Frat Boy Honda internet racer theories so you should probably be the one to "get over it".

And one more thing, the Honda Frat's Mission Statement that they say before all meetings and street races, "Live long, drive slow, buy Honda."
Eat me, your Honduh is still lame.

o man
PLZ chill out

Lash
08-03-2004, 08:17 PM
Die you damn thread!

:yawn:

lotsals1
08-03-2004, 09:06 PM
Die you damn thread!

:yawn:lmao i was just about to say the same thing
Dude was a tool "ya we got it" NEXT :lame:

GHOSST
08-04-2004, 04:55 AM
:wtf

:sucks

From cavi's, to ricers, to hondas, to the definition of "Street cars", to fuel mileage.... this topic has it all :locked:

no naked women!