PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Camaro SS Covertible? 40K?

GHOSST
12-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Was considering cashing in all my crap cars this spring, I'll be overseas contracting making some good dough, and was going to get 2 newer Camaro's for me and the wife. She wants a used one, as long as its yellow, whew, thats fine by me. But I love convertibles, and was planning on spoiling myself come sping with a 2011 Camaro SS. But now......

$37,000 MSRP for the SS

$30,000 MSRP V6.

What gives GM? I might as well get a Corvette for 10-15K more....

Any thoughts?

BAD LS1
12-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Mustangs aren't any cheaper either... Nor are Challengers.... Its the price of a modern day performance car, my orange Camaro was 37,425 sticker and that was loaded up well, short of two options. Brand new Vert-Vettes are roughly 10k more than the coupe!

Gone are the days of 2x,xxx RWD V8 muscle car thats brand new anyway.

GHOSST
12-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Mustangs aren't any cheaper either... Nor are Challengers.... Its the price of a modern day performance car, my orange Camaro was 37,425 sticker and that was loaded up well, short of two options. Brand new Vert-Vettes are roughly 10k more than the coupe!

I'm starting to see. This will interesting once the time comes I'm sure. New or used, vert or coupe. I'll would like to be driving a 5th Gen by summer.

BAD LS1
12-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Even used 5th gens aren't much cheaper than new, shit i MADE money on mine trading it in after a year and 5k miles! Id love to get another 5th gen my self, but the shitty part is it would have to be my year round DD.

GHOSST
12-23-2010, 06:42 PM
I'd settle for a used 13K mile one for 28K. But I would really like a new one for myself at least. I guess I just need to face that I'll be coming out of pocket no matter what. Its ok though. I love my Chevy's.

BAD LS1
12-23-2010, 06:46 PM
I'd settle for a used 13K mile one for 28K. But I would really like a new one for myself at least. I guess I just need to face that I'll be coming out of pocket no matter what. Its ok though. I love my Chevy's.

Seems certain color combo's demand a premium too, what color you got in mind?

pOrk
12-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Was only 22k for a new v6 camaro when they were new, employee price anyways

GHOSST
12-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Seems certain color combo's demand a premium too, what color you got in mind?

I'm looking to get a Summit White one, the wife wants a Yellow one. I'd settle for black too tho.

wrath
12-24-2010, 07:55 AM
Was only 22k for a new v6 camaro when they were new, employee price anyways

Stripmodel V6 at production start was $21,250 delivered, employee price.

Stripmodel 2011 V6 is $23k delivered, employee price.

2SS ragtop is $39.5k delivered, employee price. The ragtop is not worth a $5k premium over the coupe.

Kind of disappointed to not see a Z28 option.

Dr.Buick
12-24-2010, 04:31 PM
I bought a vette instead of a srt-8, sealler wanted 10g over sticker vette was still cheeper

GHOSST
12-24-2010, 06:10 PM
Kind of disappointed to not see a Z28 option.

Well I seen on Top Gear (US) that its definitely in production. But I can imagine the price being 50K+, might as well buy a vette.

1320PNY
12-28-2010, 12:13 AM
My Uncle just got an 18K Mile Black SS 2010 Camaro, auto tranny, for $20K. Gotta have cash and find the right seller.

GHOSST
12-28-2010, 02:41 AM
My Uncle just got an 18K Mile Black SS 2010 Camaro, auto tranny, for $20K. Gotta have cash and find the right seller.

Wow, good deal, makes sense though. I been seeing used ones with 10-13k for 27-29K. I am paying cash so I'm definitely going to weigh my options before I buy.

Waver
12-28-2010, 12:51 PM

Deals like that are few and far inbetween. They are out there, you just have to be paitient.

These days, I have been seeing more and more Challenger rt's, Mustang Gt's, and new Camaros being used as daily drivers

BAD LS1
12-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Deals like that are few and far inbetween. They are out there, you just have to be paitient.

These days, I have been seeing more and more Challenger rt's, Mustang Gt's, and new Camaros being used as daily drivers

When u pay nearly 40k for one of the above, a seperate DD is usually out the picture:goof A ton people try and drive these year round.

Waver
12-28-2010, 02:33 PM
When u pay nearly 40k for one of the above, a seperate DD is usually out the picture:goof A ton people try and drive these year round.

Absolutly, not every one has the disposable cash to get a 2nd vehicle or for that matter afford not to trade their old vehicle in.

GHOSST
12-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Well, honestly thats one of biggest reasons I didn't get a 10' when they came out. I came back from overseas and everyone had a Camaro SS (literally). It took the pride out of me wanting one, knowing that people who dont even realize this car was reborn by diehard fans, are rushing to get one since its the new vehicle on the market, and that only.

Now that annoyance seems to be gone, and I've seen more SS camaro's for sale around here in NC for the price most people bought them for. I dont know if they can't afford the payments or what, but I'm kinda glad. It seems the fad is gone, now I can shoot for something new.

BAD LS1
12-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Well, honestly thats one of biggest reasons I didn't get a 10' when they came out. I came back from overseas and everyone had a Camaro SS (literally). It took the pride out of me wanting one, knowing that people who dont even realize this car was reborn by diehard fans, are rushing to get one since its the new vehicle on the market, and that only.

Now that annoyance seems to be gone, and I've seen more SS camaro's for sale around here in NC for the price most people bought them for. I dont know if they can't afford the payments or what, but I'm kinda glad. It seems the fad is gone, now I can shoot for something new.

I had two issues with mine... old dudes lust over them as its the new midlife crisis car... So much like the vette's they get a bad rap right off the top. THEN for some reason my car would attract the cougars out of the wood work!! I had one that had to talk to me for like 5 min about it in the dells this past may:rolf

So If i get another Camaro, its gonna be an insanely mint condition 4th gen.

GHOSST
12-28-2010, 08:58 PM
I had one that had to talk to me for like 5 min about it in the dells this past may:rolf

I hear you about the mint, because the lames are getting their hands on 4th Gen SS' for cheap anywhere now.

I just keep reminding myself of the dumb questions I been asked over the years, like if my car is an LT1 or LS1, or if its a 2009 (wft?), and if it has a 350 in it (346 blows their mind), or 5 speed...

These are the people owning new/newer Camaros/Firebirds/vettes! :chair:

Z28Envy
12-28-2010, 09:20 PM

You mean like the one you had???:goof

GHOSST
12-28-2010, 09:37 PM
You mean like the one you had???:goof

I know right! GMHTP anyone? Awesome.

SSLEVO
12-29-2010, 02:29 PM
Eh, don't pay 40k for a camaro, at that point you might as well get a C6. You could probably pick up a low mile 07 Z06 for that.

Check out corvetteforum.com and you will see what i'm talking about. Thats one badass ride for the money. I'm looking to pick one up in a few years when they reach the low-mid 30's.

GHOSST
01-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Eh, don't pay 40k for a camaro, at that point you might as well get a C6. You could probably pick up a low mile 07 Z06 for that.

Check out corvetteforum.com and you will see what i'm talking about. Thats one badass ride for the money. I'm looking to pick one up in a few years when they reach the low-mid 30's.

You my good sir are on the money. I was actually doing that at the same time I was on the chevy.com website. I was looking at C6's only though, and found many in the mid to high 20k range, one with even 14,000 miles!

I honestly think I'm going to go used Vert Vette

Any thoughts?

Plum Crazy
01-03-2011, 08:20 PM

yup, my Challenger stickered at 37 with small Hemi. Shit, SRT's are near 45K