PDA

View Full Version : F-body forum.

blyth18md
07-28-2004, 02:02 PM
theres a topic for mustangs, and firehawks and even montes and ish.. how bout an f-body one.

thanks
-Blyth

loud91rs
07-28-2004, 03:02 PM
yeah i think us f body guys could put that forum to good use and keep it outta everybody elses way...

SMS 1
07-28-2004, 06:07 PM
This topic has been listed and listed and listed. Shot down every time - doubt it'll ever change.

More specifically though I would like a 3rdGen section, but I know that aint gonna happen either.

:sucks

blyth18md
07-28-2004, 08:40 PM
ive only been here a few days and ive ran into countless, 3rd and 4th gen members. more so than ive seen of mustangs. you'd think itd be a logical step. I mean cant we try it and close it if it doesnt work?

Sexy83TA
07-29-2004, 08:03 AM
Woah, a third gen forum. Would rock indeed. But theres not enough of them I suppose.

PonyKiller87
07-29-2004, 08:06 AM
That would be great to have an F-body forum and even better if we had one just for 3rd gens. But I dont think it will happen either.

Crazy Z28
07-29-2004, 09:20 AM
I think a F-body forum would be great, plus it would cover 3rd gens too. :)

loud91rs
07-30-2004, 10:20 AM
everybody who posted in here has a 3rd gen if i'm not mistaken :thumbsup it would be killer to even get a thirdgen forum, i really think we would use it enough...more than stereo and technical since most people post their stuff in general anyways.

blyth18md
07-30-2004, 10:58 PM
Id rather see an f-body section for all f-bodys, i think theres a managable amount here to have a section dedicated to f-body Q/A's. If you get too particular some one will feel ousted...and it doesnt really go with the rest of the overall breakdown.

"mustangs"
"trucks"
"impala/...."

But an f-body specific area would be nice.

Thanks for the consideration and glad to see a few of us agree

02hawk796
08-01-2004, 12:17 PM
I don't recall that the idea was "shot down" as indicated. Previously, there was not much need for one, as discussed. That was when the founders/owners all owned F-Bods, and most of the posters were also owners or fans.
Now, I understand the admin folks have encouraged more rice and such to populate the board.
Perhaps there is cause to have a seperate section, but what do you want it for? "BrewCity" implies Milw area. Firehawks of Wisconsin is statewide, and the extra effort for that group is not performed by the owners/admins here. Early on, the Mustang of Wisconsin Forum was assisted by an owner from Madison area, and was statewide in scope, before it's name change.
So, what do you want it for, specifically? For the area, Statewide, Midwest, what? Why do you want it seperate?
Maybe the admin could address and discuss your points directly. If there's not a good reason, probably won't happen.
If you're looking for midwest or statewide, there is a WI chapter forum at www.mfba.org - although I can't recommend it. And for technical Qs, general 3rdgen sites, ls1.com, ls1tech.com and such are abundant.
How many 3rd gens are here? Had a roll call yet?

blyth18md
08-01-2004, 02:30 PM
I just feel with a forum as small as it is, with a such a large population of f-bodys it would be a good idea. i figured it would prevent an overflow of questions/comments and everyday B.S. You know how things get on the big forums, you cant hardly expect an answer besides 'search'.I think it would also prevent a bunch of f-body related posts from running into the general forum.

Not that their arent a few great forums out there for help and tips. But in a smaller forum you have what seems to be a personal response.

Thanks again for the consideration

..as far as a roll call i dont feel its needed as i'd like to see an all f-body forum; camaros and firebirds...

Out of curiousity i decided to look at the members list and on the first page alone, i came across 15+ members which seemed to have f-body related names.

MoreTorque
08-01-2004, 05:51 PM
When BCM was first started, it was called "F-Body Forum" because all of the members had an F-body. As time went on, more people joined with vehicles other than F-bodies and we added separate sections to accomodate the new members. Eventually, the site turned into Brew City Muscle to welcome more than F-body drivers.

All of the general and tech sections were still mostly occupied by the F-body owners so there was not a need for a separate F-body section.

So thats the story of why we don't have one... becuase the whole forum used to be one :)

I will see what Andy and Yoosof think about breaking it off into an F-body section as well.

blyth18md
08-01-2004, 10:03 PM
thanks guys.