PDA

View Full Version : Farking rock salt trucks

lordairgtar
12-21-2010, 11:23 PM
I was going southbound on 45/894 and I got passed by some moron driving a salt truck and he's spraying heavy amounts of salt out the back, I thought I was driving through a rock slide. I'm doing 55 - 60 because it's real foggy and he passes me like I'm standing still showering me with salt. I hit the brakes to slow down to avoid damage to the paint. It's dark so I can't tell until tomorrow morning....asshats! That shit was pouring out the back like popcorn seeds out of a ripped bag.:flipoff2:

GHOSST
12-21-2010, 11:27 PM
Sounds like he was drunk.

Plum Crazy
12-22-2010, 06:37 AM
I was going southbound on 45/894 and I got passed by some moron driving a salt truck and he's spraying heavy amounts of salt out the back, I thought I was driving through a rock slide. I'm doing 55 - 60 because it's real foggy and he passes me like I'm standing still showering me with salt. I hit the brakes to slow down to avoid damage to the paint. It's dark so I can't tell until tomorrow morning....asshats! That shit was pouring out the back like popcorn seeds out of a ripped bag.:flipoff2:

Its gunna need to rain a ton this spring to get all the salt off the roads, they are going apeshit this year with that stuff.

animal
12-22-2010, 07:09 AM
Ya gotta make sure you stay ahead of those guys :)

Silver350
12-22-2010, 07:24 AM
Its gunna need to rain a ton this spring to get all the salt off the roads, they are going apeshit this year with that stuff.

Or they will be on the news bitching that they do not have enough salt for the rest of the year by the end of January.

-stew-
12-22-2010, 08:00 AM
So you were speeding, in heavy fog. And you're complaining about some guy speeding, in heavy fog?

jbiscuit
12-22-2010, 08:00 AM
We haven't gotten much snow in Dec so they will dump salt daily to keep up with how much they have ordered for the season I'm sure. Not only will that rock salt chip the paint but it will leave really nice dents too! Ask me how I know!!

-stew-
12-22-2010, 09:31 AM
If rock salt is denting your car, your bitch should be with the car maker for making fenders out of aluminum foil.

Flicktitty
12-22-2010, 10:05 AM
I was going southbound on 45/894 I'm doing 55 - 60

So you were speeding, in heavy fog. And you're complaining about some guy speeding, in heavy fog?

I'm like 100% sure the speed limit on 45/894 is 55. so i wouldn't say 55-60 is speeding.

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Its gonna happen we are in the snowbelt afterall.
Driving nice cars is fun but I would hate to give all that money and then go out and salt bomb my new ride. So I drive a 77 Volare for the winter. :thumbsupe

I bet it was pretty slippery out there this morning. You wanna play bumper cars with tinfoil cars ? My uncles 07 Durajap got hit with opposite side slush wave on 94 last year. Big deezeuls fender and door looked like an ocean after that, and the county is not responsible for damage like that

jbiscuit
12-22-2010, 10:28 AM
If rock salt is denting your car, your bitch should be with the car maker for making fenders out of aluminum foil.

more like baseball-sized clump of rock salt that not only hit the hood but then hit the windshield at 65mph. Thought it was coming right through! :stare

Voodoo Chick
12-22-2010, 11:50 AM

Hey.....he was just venting, why do you feel the need to attack him!? :stare

-stew-
12-22-2010, 12:07 PM
That was in no way an attack. And if you take it as one you need to htfu.

-stew-
12-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Also, " I'm doing 55 - 60 because it's real foggy" nullifies any and all complaints about other drivers.

I think complaining about salt trucks is as usless as complaining about the snow: you will have to deal with both living here, and they both will inconvienence you in some way. Just accept it and go about your life.

And I make a lot of money off salt trucks, sooooo they don't bother me one bit!

-stew-
12-22-2010, 12:30 PM
so they will dump salt daily to keep up with how much they have ordered for the season I'm sure.

No, they don't do that.

jbiscuit
12-22-2010, 01:08 PM
^ :rolf

Voodoo Chick
12-22-2010, 03:00 PM
^ :rolf

X's 2

Voodoo Chick
12-22-2010, 03:01 PM
That was in no way an attack. And if you take it as one you need to htfu.

Just seems you never have anything friendly to ever say, to ANYONE. Why is that? Just wondering. I mean, I'm not calling you a jerk, or anything, I'm sure in person you're just fine, but on here you seem quite hostile........

lordairgtar
12-22-2010, 05:20 PM
First off, I said 55 - 60 because I wasn't exactly sure of the exact number...just a quick glance on the dash as I had to watch the road. I was also the slowest vehicle out there and the truck passed us all by. My vehicle is fairly new and has decent tires with traction control, plus I am aware of the road conditions and I watch the other cars around me. As it was around 34 degrees and no snow, my speed was not out of line. As an update, there was no chips or dents this morning on the trucklet. I know why the plows and salt crews are out there, but he was driving very fast and the salt was coming out very heavy. And another thing, I've had enough shit go on in my family's life right now and I don't need to listen to your self righteous rantings.

PB86MCSS
12-22-2010, 05:20 PM
This is one of many reasons why a winter beater is key. :banana1:

-stew-
12-22-2010, 05:55 PM
And another thing, I've had enough shit go on in my family's life right now and I don't need to listen to your self righteous rantings.

Then don't bitch on a public forum about something as petty as some possible minor paint damage on you're brand new car. There are people sleeping under bridges tonight who wish they had a shitty car to sleep in.

Honestly, what do you expect the guy to do, turn his salter off as he passed you/ you passed him? If you are worried about salt damaging your car, put it away for the winter.

Flicktitty
12-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Honestly, what do you expect the guy to do, turn his salter off as he passed you/ you passed him? If you are worried about salt damaging your car, put it away for the winter.

from what i can tell, it's not the salt that hit the car, it's the amount/size that hit.

lordairgtar
12-22-2010, 06:02 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^
ding ding ding ding
:headbang

GHOSST
12-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Hey, it wouldn't be BrewCity without a few McAssholes. :thumbsup. Enjoy.

hrsp
12-22-2010, 10:18 PM

been in the same spot...that shit sucks when they are chucking baseball size globs of salt at you...thats why i stay in front of them at all times...they are just doing there jobs so i aint mad at them...its like being behind a garbage truck and being pist that it stinks...lol...

so did you look at the car? any damage?

lordairgtar
12-22-2010, 11:17 PM
been in the same spot...that shit sucks when they are chucking baseball size globs of salt at you...thats why i stay in front of them at all times...they are just doing there jobs so i aint mad at them...its like being behind a garbage truck and being pist that it stinks...lol...

so did you look at the car? any damage?
Looked at it...no damage.:thumbsup

MoCkiN U
12-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Hey, it wouldn't be BrewCity without a few McAssholes. :thumbsup. Enjoy.

this

RanJer
12-23-2010, 10:39 AM
They were talking on the radio that the drivers have no control over how much/how fast the salt comes out. It's all programmed to dump x amount of salt per mile. Only caught the end of them talking about it but they made it seem quite automated..