PDA

View Full Version : Android vs Iphone

CATNHAT
12-14-2010, 06:08 PM
Looking at new phone for Christmas, cant decide which is the better phone & plan. Like the New Droid X, also like the Iphone--??

Any recomendations thoughts opinions on phones-providers--plans??

Had Crackberries, Delve-Windows based HTC, not going back to them.

Looking for something GOOD! Windows based HTC Snap is a hunk of dog ass! Slow, small, etc.........

Thoughts??????

badass88gt
12-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Up here AT&T is worthless. I would probably like my iphone better if we had 3G but we dont, therefore I hate my iPhone. It does lock up on me every now and then, and it doesnt have a replaceable battery. My phone is the 3GS, maybe the 4 is better?

noeggs4u
12-14-2010, 06:14 PM
I got the iPhone 4 a month ago and have been pleased with it. Only problem I have is people hearing me lot to learn yet.

xxtremeteam
12-14-2010, 06:22 PM
I have iphone 3g love it no issues here plan to get the new one when I can upgrade again

FoxStang
12-14-2010, 06:29 PM
I have a android (Galaxy S;Samsung Captivate on AT&T). I used to have an iphone, love my android way more. Everything the iphone could do this phone does, if not better. Its a little more involved and not having to go through a hassle to change the battery is very worthwhile (especially if you do allot of business traveling, buy an external charger and another battery and be done with it).

GTSLOW
12-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Go with a variant of the droid on verizon.

PureSound15
12-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Love my Iphone.

Slow5oh
12-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Att sucks now that they got rid of unlimited data.

I just got my droid 2 I like it. The camera quality on it is horrible in comparison to my Droid 1 though. Droid X is awesome. If youre in the city I'd suggest sprint as they're the cheapest. If you don't mind paying a bit more VZW for sure. I went through 3 droid 1s so they just gave me a droid 2 for free which I thought was pretty good of them. Service has been great. Plus the customization of Android is awesome.

Mine's rooted, launcher pro, MNML text icons, Typoclock widget
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn293/quick93fox/CAP201012141916.jpg

Moparjim
12-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Android phones beat the crap out of the Iphone, and can be had on any networks...

Flash support (80% of websites use flash, 90% or more of web video content is flash), faster, the many Google Nav and other apps are the best apps out there, Droid x has 720p video camcorder even...

Its not even close anymore.

jamestown478
12-14-2010, 07:40 PM
I love my droid incredible from verizon. I would never buy an iphone after using the android system. And at&t's service sucks ass everywhere I go.

BAD LS1
12-14-2010, 07:59 PM
iPhone here, love it! You should see all the old dudes trying to use company droid incredible's at my work, i think they are a pain in the dick to figure out how to use at first too, i cant imagine going from a razer to one of those!

jamestown478
12-14-2010, 08:00 PM
iPhone here, love it! You should see all the old dudes trying to use company droid incredible's at my work, i think they are a pain in the dick to figure out how to use at first too, i cant imagine going from a razer to one of those!

haha same thing happening at my company, bunch of older guys going from pos flip phones to the incredible was very entertaining for a few months.

*SNOOP*
12-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Iphone FTW!!! Even thow I have an EVO...

CATNHAT
12-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the feedback--I went from a pearl to samsung delve to blackberry 8530 Curve (huge improvement) to a HTC snap( piece of shit!)

I really like the droid x, a little big and it is 4g, which isnt readily availbale yet anyway but still has it.

Everyone I know that has an i phone loves it and they seem pretty user friendly-but heard bad things about at&t service and coverage.

hmmmmmmmmmmm..............

I think price wise-the monthly is about the same--the droid x is $149 net now at brookfield square kiosk.

there has to be better deals coming soon--like real soon i hope!
:thumbsup

Lash
12-14-2010, 08:38 PM
No complaints here. Droid on Sprint.

Slow5oh
12-14-2010, 08:40 PM
also just to throw it out there on the news my mom was telling my att was voted the worst cell service provider.

badass88gt
12-14-2010, 08:41 PM
The Flash thing is a huge deal for me, plus it would be nice to be able to drag & drop files and music instead of fucking around with iTunes.

BR3W CITY
12-14-2010, 09:08 PM
droid on us cellular. Loved the switch to droid from the win6.5 TouchPRo2 that I had before. Extremely fast, good data speeds lots of app options...and I enjoy downoading certain apps for free that the Iphone people have to pay for :)

CarrotTop
12-14-2010, 09:12 PM
iphone its pretty much set to run.

If your into having a phone set your way and like to customize things. Droid x.
Droid x also got 8mp camera/hd video. Love mine to death. So many things you can do.. Have it on Verizon and lov eit.

Ricky Bobby
12-14-2010, 09:47 PM
another vote for the droid x have mine and love it

team beater
12-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Android my-touch 4g with t mobile 8.5 down FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GsxrBots
12-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Android. Period.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

Beagle
12-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Droid X FTW. I no alot of people whos Iphone drops calls constantly. You wont be disappointed in the Droid X. Verizon gave me a bunch of discounts like 50 bucks off the phone on top of the 100 dollar mail in rebate. The also gave me a case and screen protectors 20% off and gave me my first month of unlimited data free. Just act like your not sure if you want to switch an they will do whatever it takes. This was sent from my Droid X.

03Seville
12-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Android. Wouldn't trade my evo for any other phone

johnny--2k
12-14-2010, 11:36 PM
android hands down. i have an evo on sprint, had windows, blackberry, palm, and this beats them all hands down. iphone is nice if you want a shiny toy to flash around...

GTSLOW
12-14-2010, 11:48 PM
Ha not having to deal with itunes alone should be enough reason to stay away from the iphone. Then you have to run att service. I think with all the andriod feedback in here it should be an easy choice.

NachoNotch
12-14-2010, 11:55 PM
EVO all day!!!!!

twicks69
12-15-2010, 12:12 AM
I have the Evo 4G. Not too bad yet. Battery life blows ass vs. my old phone, but the capabilities are light years ahead of the old phone too.

Rocket Power
12-15-2010, 01:00 AM
Droid X and lovin it

Mudd Runner
12-15-2010, 06:05 AM
Verizon and droid x ftw

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DurtyKurty
12-15-2010, 07:14 AM
The EVO is like the Jitterbug of smart phones.

Myles
12-15-2010, 08:36 AM
iPhone users, could you check the app store and look for programs named wardrive and wireshark? Could you also just type in network tools and war driving and tell me what programs pop up?

theavenger333
12-15-2010, 10:47 AM
there ya go. Droid.

Slow5oh
12-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Also one thing I've found to grow very fond of. Wireless tethering with my droid is AWESOME. Wish i knew about it b/c I wouldn't even be paying for internet right now.

badass88gt
12-15-2010, 11:07 AM
iPhone users, could you check the app store and look for programs named wardrive and wireshark? Could you also just type in network tools and war driving and tell me what programs pop up?

Nothing.

CATNHAT
12-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Also one thing I've found to grow very fond of. Wireless tethering with my droid is AWESOME. Wish i knew about it b/c I wouldn't even be paying for internet right now.

WTF is wireless tethering? Speak english damnit!

badass88gt
12-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Using your phone as a modem for Internet access on your computer.

CATNHAT
12-15-2010, 11:22 AM
is it fast enough to compete with Toad Runner? Problem for wife and kids using the interweb when I am not home with the phone though.

Sounds Cool

Slow5oh
12-15-2010, 11:47 AM
mines just as fast as my 6mb DSL

Deggy
12-15-2010, 11:48 AM
HTC Aria owner here. Love it.

Nix
12-15-2010, 12:10 PM
As for the service end of it, if I were you and are friendly with your neighbors go around your neighbor hood and ask what provider they have and how they like it.

They could tell you first hand what works best in your very own area.

Everyone has and will have different results from time to time. I say this because I had Sprint and live out in the sticks and never really had much of a problem with their service.

Well my brother got Sprint and he lives in Waukesha and his service was terrible. Thei CS sucked too, that was my experience.

Now I have been with AT&T for almost a full year now with the iPhone3GS and I have had ZERO problems.

I think your best bet would be consulting with your neighbors and take it from there.

Good luck! :thumbsup

Ohh I should also mention that Im bias when it comes to the phone itself, seeing as I have only had the iPhone and no Droid products. When that time comes for me I may check some of them out, they seem pretty sweet. I do really enjoy my iPhone.

Moparjim
12-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Again I will say the new Droids destroys the Iphone hands down.

Take all the Droid feedback here... Then take all the Apple feedback and realize that I bet damn near every single person here that posted "I love my Iphone" if I were to give them a Droid X tomorrow they would never mention their Iphone again. The Android phones are basically Iphones that are faster, have been improved, have a ton more features, have free-er and better apps (the Google tie in apps alone are INCREDIBLE), have better PHONE performance, and are available on networks that are far better than AT&T like Verizon, US Cellular, and Sprint. You can load whatever videos, music, etc. in just about any format you want without being saddled with Itunes or paying for stuff lol. Better cameras and 720P HD camcorder, better screens, wifi hotspot, the list just goes on and on and on. They are just as easy to use as an Iphone as well, anyone that tells you differently is a moron. For basic users they work just like an Iphone you simply click on apps, then there is so much more you can do with them as an advanced user. Not to mention you can simply change a few dollar battery lol.

There is absolutely no reason to buy a new Iphone period. I can understand if you have one thats great they work just fine and you have one already. But as a new phone and contract shopper it literally is not even remotely close I cant believe that anyone but the most die-hard Apple brainwashed fans would even consider one.

GTSLOW
12-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Also something to note is I have only ran into a handful of times when I didn't have great 3G coverage with verizon. I love it!

Myles
12-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Nothing.

Really? I am actually quite surprised at that..

PureSound15
12-15-2010, 01:36 PM
I truly enjoy how butthurt people get just because someone likes a different phone. :)

Prince Valiant
12-15-2010, 01:38 PM
I truly enjoy how butthurt people get just because someone likes a different phone. :)it's worse than cars and politics.

Josepy
12-15-2010, 01:41 PM
My Dell palm will smoke all your shit.

badass88gt
12-15-2010, 02:00 PM
I truly enjoy how butthurt people get just because someone likes a different phone. :)

It is pretty sad. Fanboys are quite entertaining, watching them get all worked up over something so stupid.

badass88gt
12-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Really? I am actually quite surprised at that..

A quick Google of iPhone wardrive gives me a bunch. Here's a link:

http://synjunkie.blogspot.com/2008/09/wardriving-with-iphone.html

Myles
12-15-2010, 02:15 PM
A quick Google of iPhone wardrive gives me a bunch. Here's a link:

http://synjunkie.blogspot.com/2008/09/wardriving-with-iphone.html

Ah ok, so they have in essence the same apps just different names and need more apps to do it.

EvolvedRegal
12-15-2010, 02:43 PM
HTC Hero running a modded Fresh 2.0d ROM.

Basically it's the new EVO except the larger screen and processor.

Once you root any droid phone the possibilities are endless with customization.

badass88gt
12-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Ah ok, so they have in essence the same apps just different names and need more apps to do it.

Yeah, in the app store nothing comes up with Wardrive, I wasnt familiar with the term so I looked it up and see a bunch of apps but different names. Looks like it could be handy.

Deggy
12-15-2010, 03:18 PM
I used to own an iPhone and an iPhone 3G, switched the the Aria, this phone does everything my iPhone did, just better.

I'm not knocking the iPhone at all, I just think Droids do things a little better. It may not have as many apps, but I barely use any of my apps. I just like the phone. Basically as long as your phone does what you need it to do, that's all that matters.

FoxStang
12-15-2010, 03:21 PM
and are available on networks that are far better than AT&T like Verizon, US Cellular, and Sprint.

All my friends with Verizon and Sprint get absolutely shit service in allot of places where mine is great, and more often than not mine is fine everywhere where there's is too. This is in the heart of Chicago, so you need to remember that mileage will vary, just because your service is great everywhere you are doesn't mean it will be so for anyone else. With that being said, when I found out AT&T had a droid phone, I jumped to it over my iphone real quick. Though I'm on an old customer plan so I still have unlimited data, but many people won't go over the 2gb max plan anyways depending on what they do with their phones.

Anyone else have a galaxy s phone?

Myles
12-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Yeah, in the app store nothing comes up with Wardrive, I wasnt familiar with the term so I looked it up and see a bunch of apps but different names. Looks like it could be handy.

the droid wardrive app comes in handy for plotting out open/weak-protected wireless locations.

Moparjim
12-15-2010, 10:52 PM
Im not butthurt, just giving FACTUAL recommendation lol. Name one thing an Iphone does better. I will say it again:

1) Fact - the Android phones have far superior hardware, faster processors, better PHONE than the Iphone if you actually want to make a phone call. Better screens, wifi hotspot, 720P video camera, replaceable battery you name it the hardware is better in every single way. You can even get like a Droid 2 that has a real keyboard if that is your preference, which is what I personally prefer.

2) Fact - Verizon, Sprint, damn near everyone's network is better than AT&T. Dont care what anecdotal info you have to share. Verizon covers far more than anyone else, AT&T consistantly rates at the bottom for coverage and customer service. If you want anecdotal info, I have had AT&T and it sucked. Hard. I travel all over WI for WE Energies, and I carry two phones a work phone which is US Cellular and my Verizon phone. THe Verizon phone has FAR better coverage. Even if your mistaken enough to love AT&Ts network and believe it is the best, you can get an Android phone on AT&T lol.

3) Fact - Google maps/nav is the best map/nav out there. I consistantly get free apps that Iphone users pay for. The apps on Android are as good or better, and more free not to mention less restricted you can load damn near anything.

4) Fact - Flash support. As said, 80% of websites and 90% of web video content is flash.

5) Media, music, videos, apps, etc. - load what you want on your Droid. No Itunes. its all free. Seemless integration with all the Google stuff including Gmail - probably the best free email system as well. Google has a great, free app for everything from calender/planner to you name it.

Someone please tell me something that the Iphone does better or has an advantage in. Iphone was a game changer when it came out. 3-4 years ago. The Androids are basically a much improved copy. They copied everything that was great about the Iphone, and improved the hardware and everything that wasnt great about the Iphone. Someone with an Iphone that thinks Im just butthurt, please post what is better about it other than "I love my Iphone"

How many posts so far in this thread alone from those that have owned both and agree with me - "I had an Iphone, now I have a Droid and love it even more and wouldnt go back". Not a single one saying "I had a Droid but got an Iphone and its better and I wont go back".

It seems its the Iphone crowd that is butthurt that anyone dare suggest that their phone isnt the bestest anymore. The thread was asking for recommendations, so thats what I posted. Along with all the advantages, not just "my droid is bestest".

badass88gt
12-15-2010, 11:01 PM
The fact that you keep arguing your case just amplifies Ryan's thoughts.

I'm not gonna pick apart your post because I agree with some of it, but I will say that the iPhone has the Google app with everything Google that you mention. The flash stuff you are right about, I do hate iTunes, the replaceable battery you are right about, but the way you carry on in this thread portrays you as getting defensive and butthurt by anyone that would even consider buying an iPhone. You sound like you would actually get pissed off over it if he said "I think I'm gonna get the iPhone because its not as bulky in my pocket".

GsxrBots
12-15-2010, 11:09 PM
There is definitely one thing that the iPhone has over my HTC EVO.

ACCESSORIES! And Friggin TONS of them!
Other than that, nothing really. I do like the way the iPhone "feels" in my hand though.

twicks69
12-15-2010, 11:17 PM
You can feel your iPhone up all you want, I will stick with nice perky titties instead.

GsxrBots
12-15-2010, 11:39 PM
I could look up tons of titties on my evo though. Even in flash! :)

Got Boost
12-16-2010, 08:17 AM
I have T-Mobile 4G ...G2 phone I get 4G wherever I go, I get 4 Bars inside my job and 6Meg DL and almost 1Meg up....T-Mobile has really stepped up in the last year... + No cap on data use as of yet....

PureSound15
12-16-2010, 09:08 AM
I could look up tons of titties on my evo though. Even in flash! :)

I have flash support on my Iphone :confused

DoubleAron
12-16-2010, 10:23 AM
I just got an Captivate andriod phone from AT&T because that is what we have here at work.

The main thing that sucks about it for me is the contacts. I have some on my old phone that I saved to the phone vs the SIM card. The only way to get those is to put the SIM card back in my old phone and copy them one by one onto the SIM and load it in my old phone. That isn't the easiet task as my old phone is junk, hence the relpacement. I also have over 250 some contacts.
Another thing is I use Outlook for email and I just cannot plug in my phone and downlaod the contacts from there.

MoCkiN U
12-16-2010, 10:29 AM
you should be able to upload those same contacts and calender into gmail and have that program sync with your android phone even if you dont use that as your primary email platform it will still sync foryou

johnny--2k
12-16-2010, 10:33 AM
it was proven that people with the iphone get laid more than people with blackberrys....if that's your goal, go for it....:rolf

No seriously, both good phones but again, for the most part the adroid outweighs the iphone in ability and lower total cost of ownership (free apps, etc...)

WhatsADSM
12-16-2010, 10:58 AM
Im not butthurt, just giving FACTUAL recommendation lol. Name one thing an Iphone does better. I will say it again:

1) Fact - the Android phones have far superior hardware, faster processors, better PHONE than the Iphone if you actually want to make a phone call. Better screens, wifi hotspot, 720P video camera, replaceable battery you name it the hardware is better in every single way. You can even get like a Droid 2 that has a real keyboard if that is your preference, which is what I personally prefer.

2) Fact - Verizon, Sprint, damn near everyone's network is better than AT&T. Dont care what anecdotal info you have to share. Verizon covers far more than anyone else, AT&T consistantly rates at the bottom for coverage and customer service. If you want anecdotal info, I have had AT&T and it sucked. Hard. I travel all over WI for WE Energies, and I carry two phones a work phone which is US Cellular and my Verizon phone. THe Verizon phone has FAR better coverage. Even if your mistaken enough to love AT&Ts network and believe it is the best, you can get an Android phone on AT&T lol.

3) Fact - Google maps/nav is the best map/nav out there. I consistantly get free apps that Iphone users pay for. The apps on Android are as good or better, and more free not to mention less restricted you can load damn near anything.

4) Fact - Flash support. As said, 80% of websites and 90% of web video content is flash.

5) Media, music, videos, apps, etc. - load what you want on your Droid. No Itunes. its all free. Seemless integration with all the Google stuff including Gmail - probably the best free email system as well. Google has a great, free app for everything from calender/planner to you name it.

Someone please tell me something that the Iphone does better or has an advantage in. Iphone was a game changer when it came out. 3-4 years ago. The Androids are basically a much improved copy. They copied everything that was great about the Iphone, and improved the hardware and everything that wasnt great about the Iphone. Someone with an Iphone that thinks Im just butthurt, please post what is better about it other than "I love my Iphone"

How many posts so far in this thread alone from those that have owned both and agree with me - "I had an Iphone, now I have a Droid and love it even more and wouldnt go back". Not a single one saying "I had a Droid but got an Iphone and its better and I wont go back".

It seems its the Iphone crowd that is butthurt that anyone dare suggest that their phone isnt the bestest anymore. The thread was asking for recommendations, so thats what I posted. Along with all the advantages, not just "my droid is bestest".

In general I agree android phones are a "better" phone. However it really depends on the person and a bunch of other things. I personally have an EVO4G and for me it certainly is better than the iPhone. However if I were getting a phone for my wife, ideally it would be an iPhone4 no questions asked.

A few things I noted about your post:

1) Simply not true. First off android is a software platform that is it. The hardware ranges from total crap like the old hero, to blazing fast 1G+ stuff. Not fair to say all android devices are superior. Also as a note some of the info is wrong. The Apple A4 ASIC in the iPhone4 is for all intents and purposes roughly equivalent in terms of processing power to something like a 1GHz snapdragon that is used in a lot of android devices (like the EVO). Also the iPhone4 takes 720p video. Ironically enough after using my EVOs 8mp camera and the iPhone4s camera I can confidently say the iPhone images and videos look considerably better than the EVOs. Certainly in low light conditions. Also the iPhone4 LCD, while smaller than the EVOs, looks better. Higher contrast, higher resolution, etc.

2) Can't comment. Only that the best service I have used is Verizon. Although honestly I had better service with AT&T (iPhone) than Sprint (EVO). However sprint is more lax about their data plan and the price is right :thumbsup

3) In general I tend to agree.. But IMO in terms of apps it is a wash. Android apps are typically more powerful, and you can get some pretty cool ones for free. However clearly the apple iPhone app market has FAR more apps.

4) AB-SO-FUCKING-LOTUELY!!! Apple needs to seriously rethink what they are doing. The internet without flash is laughable at best. I can't even begin to tell you how much more enjoyable and useful it is surfing the web on my EVO than my old iPhone. For heavy phone internet users that feature alone is reason to switch from an iPhone IMHO.

5)Meh... again a wash. Does google have a lot of free apps? Yea. Are they fairly powerful? Yea.

Now the flip side. Are they harder to use? Yea. Do they seem to be more bug prone? Yea.

IMO nobody makes for a better user interface and "seemless" application integration than Apple... Want to know why I think the iPhone is the best fit for my wife :goof

DocDave
12-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Driod X through Verizon destroys the iPhone.

- Bigger Screen
- Better Network
- Better Operating System
- HDMI out so you can easily playback HD video and 8MB photos on your TV.

Just because the iPhone set the standard does not mean it was going to be the best for long. It's day is done.

FoxStang
12-16-2010, 02:46 PM
I just got an Captivate andriod phone from AT&T because that is what we have here at work.

The main thing that sucks about it for me is the contacts. I have some on my old phone that I saved to the phone vs the SIM card. The only way to get those is to put the SIM card back in my old phone and copy them one by one onto the SIM and load it in my old phone. That isn't the easiet task as my old phone is junk, hence the relpacement. I also have over 250 some contacts.
Another thing is I use Outlook for email and I just cannot plug in my phone and downlaod the contacts from there.

If your going one by one save them as windows contacts and export the file to a gmail account, now everytime your phone syncs to gmail it will update your contacts. From there you can save them all to your sim, but I would turn off the show sim contacts option as youll get doubles. Let me know if you have anymore Captivate questions, I have one and have done most of the trouble shooting that you'll likely experience lol.

Just because the iPhone set the standard does not mean it was going to be the best for long. It's day is done.

$321 share price and an P/E of 21 say otherwise, Since Jobs doesn't want to pay a dividend anytime soon and they have shit tons of cash for investment, the iphone, much less apple's day is anything but "done".

PS

Does the iphone have google skymap yet? Cuz if not...

DoubleAron
12-17-2010, 07:36 AM
If your going one by one save them as windows contacts and export the file to a gmail account, now everytime your phone syncs to gmail it will update your contacts. From there you can save them all to your sim, but I would turn off the show sim contacts option as youll get doubles. Let me know if you have anymore Captivate questions, I have one and have done most of the trouble shooting that you'll likely experience lol.

Say what?:rolf

Engrish for this old man?:rolf

IcePickFreak
12-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Keep in mind too if you go with an Android on VZW to hit them up about corporate discounts. All you need is a paystub, insurance card, etc that has their name on it if your place does have a discount - they'll usually be the ones to ask you about it so it's no problem to have them check at least.

I use to never even bother with it bu even the small company I was working for had a 15% discount. That's a decent chunk off the monthly bill.

Ricky Bobby
12-17-2010, 12:55 PM
i like my primco phone its nice

carry on

Holeshot
12-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Keep in mind too if you go with an Android on VZW to hit them up about corporate discounts. All you need is a paystub, insurance card, etc that has their name on it if your place does have a discount - they'll usually be the ones to ask you about it so it's no problem to have them check at least.

I use to never even bother with it bu even the small company I was working for had a 15% discount. That's a decent chunk off the monthly bill.

Good thought I get %20 through NAPA :thumbsup

lilws6
12-17-2010, 01:48 PM
i like my primco phone its nice

carry on

did you switch from dat motorola to that primco phone?

i like the samsung mesmerize ot the htc desire. both look look like the i phone but i like the way the droid phones are setup. i've got friends with both and played with both the droid phones and i phone. the droid is cheaper and by far in my opinion better. for me at least

Ricky Bobby
12-17-2010, 04:07 PM
did you switch from dat motorola to that primco phone?

hell yea how u know

FoxStang
12-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Say what?:rolf

Engrish for this old man?:rolf

Set up a gmail account if you don't have one already, in outlook there will be an option to export your contacts as a CSV file. Go to the contacts section of your gmail, choose more actions and import, select the CSV file and your contacts will be there. This is all assuming the contacts from your outlook are the same as the ones on your old phone. If you don't have any other contacts on your phone it shouldn't be an issue, but if doubles do appear you can always link them, or do what I did and hide them from the contact list.

If you need more explanation or help let me know lol, hopefully this was enough for the old man in you.:rolf

CATNHAT
12-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Thanks for all the input, but I really want to know is which one will download pron faster--FTW!!:rolf

Leaning towards the droid X. However, the droid incredible is free at best buy right now.

Teufelhunden
12-17-2010, 08:20 PM
Such haters. lol, kinda weird reactions...

To each his own. I like my iPhone. I had a 3G iPhone which I never had a battery issue with. Don't believe the hype. And guess what, no issues with the iPhone 4 either.

I haven't tried an android phone yet. As someone touched on already, if you go android research the hardware before you buy.

Sent from my vastly superior iPhone 4, using Tapatalk

fivonut
12-17-2010, 08:21 PM
HTC Aria owner here. Love it.

I got the same phone. Only decent Android phone AT&T offers. Problem is AT&T coverage sucks. If you stick to the major cities you're fine, anywhere else you're screwed. AT&T needs to change their moto to fewer bars in more places. My sister has the iphone, my brother has the Droid X, and I think my other sister just got the EVO. All in all they perform pretty close, it's AT&T's lack of coverage that's the difference. As soon as I can get out of my contract I'll be going over to Verizon and getting the Droid X.

FoxStang
12-18-2010, 04:20 PM
I got the same phone. Only decent Android phone AT&T offers. Problem is AT&T coverage sucks. If you stick to the major cities you're fine, anywhere else you're screwed. AT&T needs to change their moto to fewer bars in more places. My sister has the iphone, my brother has the Droid X, and I think my other sister just got the EVO. All in all they perform pretty close, it's AT&T's lack of coverage that's the difference. As soon as I can get out of my contract I'll be going over to Verizon and getting the Droid X.

Captivate > Aria all day long

fivonut
12-18-2010, 10:29 PM
Captivate > Aria all day long

Damn, when I got mine my choices were the Aria or the Backflip...

BR3W CITY
12-19-2010, 10:54 AM
not sure what problem people have with outlook. I have mine on an exchange server and it loads any contact and email information without a problem, as well as doing the same with my gmail at the same time.

FoxStang
12-19-2010, 12:38 PM
not sure what problem people have with outlook. I have mine on an exchange server and it loads any contact and email information without a problem, as well as doing the same with my gmail at the same time.
Don't think anyone had problems with outlook, someone did have problems with figuring out how to get their contacts over to their new phone though.

GTO Jeff
12-19-2010, 03:12 PM
I just switched from an ancient Palm Treo 755 on Sprint to a new Droid X on Verizon. So far I really like the Droid X and Verizon's cutomer service is far better than Sprint's.

My company uses Google Apps/Gmail for business and it does a great job of seamlessly keeping my e-mail, contacts, and calendar in sync between my desktop Outlook, my laptop, my iPod Touch 4g, and my Droid X.

CATNHAT
12-20-2010, 07:14 PM
was just at the verizon store in delafield, they said "maybe" the store manager could give me the same deal as best buy or the kiosk in Brookfield square?

Fucking games already? Then my story is the crack dealer can get me a better price at shitcell.com??

WTF?? A national retailer can give better pricing the the provider itself? I understand the pricing strategy and economics but just dumb.

grrrrrrrrrr..........

GTSLOW
12-20-2010, 07:17 PM
http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/android_vs_iphone.gif

Also found this:

http://allweirdnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/protect-iphone.jpg

lilws6
12-21-2010, 11:13 AM
^lol

MoCkiN U
12-21-2010, 11:34 AM
was just at the verizon store in delafield, they said "maybe" the store manager could give me the same deal as best buy or the kiosk in Brookfield square?

Fucking games already? Then my story is the crack dealer can get me a better price at shitcell.com??

WTF?? A national retailer can give better pricing the the provider itself? I understand the pricing strategy and economics but just dumb.

grrrrrrrrrr..........

prices are prices. Hated that shit so much when I worked there. If you want cheap price buy it there online. If you want it setup ready to go out the door then get at your local store whether its verizon, best buy, radio shack but then dont come back later asking that same commission guy for help on the phone you went cheapster on.

Sorry you hit a nerve with that one kinda.

Verizon will have different prices in store, online, and thru phone. Basically deals driving to all areas of the business.

They DO NOT control who resales their products tho. Once that reseller purchases product they can decided to resell at whatever cost they want to get you to that door, or site to drive margins in their different areas so dont hate on your local store peeps or mgrs cause they dont control it and frankly are disciplined hard for aggressiving discounting.

Also, there is something there called restricted device list which means if a phone is on that list you better not be manually discounting without DM approval first and I assure you their bb, windows, android phones are on that list.

Rocket Power
12-21-2010, 12:54 PM
When we went to the DroidX's Best Buy at Brookfield Square gave it to my wife at the after rebate price so we didn't have to wait for the stupid rebate, but they could not do my early upgrade that could only be done in a corp store.

I've have good and bad experiences in the corp stores, I was completely ignored at the one on Bluemound in Brookfield when we went in to get two phones once. I guess whatever the salesguys were talking amongst themselves about was more important than getting my money. We went elsewhere after that.

GTSLOW
12-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Seems stores are where the crooks work?

CATNHAT
12-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Got the droid x. Holy shit does it have a lot of features! Going to take a while to learn how to use it. Sales guy in DELAFIELD was great even after beating him up on price. Sales mgr was kinda hawt too
!