PDA

View Full Version : Snapshots from the engine swap saturday

SMS 1
07-26-2004, 11:25 PM
Here's some of the pics from the engine swap on saturday . . .

Photo Gallery (http://www.aurigenmedia.com/teardown/index.html)

rsscoty
07-27-2004, 05:38 AM
Lookin good!

Scoty

PonyKiller87
07-27-2004, 07:41 AM
Looks good. So you put the engine in the gray car right? What are you doing with whats left of the black one? There are probably alot of parts on there that I could use for my car if your looking to sell it.

SMS 1
07-27-2004, 04:36 PM
Ya, I will be selling off a decent amount of parts from the old one. I know I posted a bunch of threads like 2 months ago, gathering names ect. but this sh1t just took forever to get started. Now that it has finally begun I guess I am ready to start takin offers again.

things NOT for sale include:
Rear End
Wheels
Dash Pad
Sway Bars
Transmission
Clutch/bellhousing assy.
Radiator
Master cyl.
Clutch Slave
Steering column
3" Exhaust (although there is a very nice brand new 2.5" system that I will sell from the silver 83)

I think the rest is up for dibs though :yawn:

Knyghtmare
07-27-2004, 04:42 PM
Lookin good dude. Oh, I am interested in that exhaust... I may also be interested in some other parts...

blyth18md
07-27-2004, 05:01 PM
what color is the interior?

SMS 1
07-27-2004, 05:18 PM
Lookin good dude. Oh, I am interested in that exhaust... I may also be interested in some other parts...
OK I am going out by the car tonight. I'll see if I can get some pics or more specific info for you.

what color is the interior?
Black. Unfortunatey before I parked the car last year the drivers side window motor burnt out so I took out the window and the cloth interior parts (mainly the seats) have been subjected to some pretty harsh mildew treatment. If you want to see how bad I'll get some pics up fairly soon, but I must warn you, it definately has some "funkyness" in the smell category :puppyeyes

SMS 1
07-27-2004, 05:20 PM
Kevin, wasn't that you that was interested in the vent system?

Prince Valiant
07-27-2004, 08:55 PM
heh...those barns looks like ones I used to run/drive by all the time when I lived in suakville near the cedarburg town line.

SMS 1
07-27-2004, 10:09 PM
heh...those barns looks like ones I used to run/drive by all the time when I lived in suakville near the cedarburg town line.
heh, thats probably because you did! it's right on NN at the bottom of the hill on the OZ+ Wash CO. boarder :thumbsup

PonyKiller87
07-28-2004, 12:25 AM
I actualy finaly found all the peices I needed for the vents out at Al's. Involved laying on my back in a puddle in the bottom car of a stack to get it all out, but I got it.

I need some of the interior plastic pieces that go in the back and possibly the door panels(mainly just the tops of them).

Let me know when your going to be out there(where ever there is) then I could see the parts and it would be cool to see your motor swap.

SMS 1
07-28-2004, 06:14 PM
Well the car is about 5miles NW of Waynes in Cedarburg. I don't know when I'll be out there again for any real length of time, possibly this weekend (still need to put the trans back in and wire it) Unfortunately the top plastic pices on the doors are spoken for but if you have all of the pieces from your old ones I have gotten pretty good at repairing them. Some of the rear plastic may still be good and I don't think I need any of it for the '83.

BTW: the engine swap is FUGLY!!! The dirty mouse we threw in it looks like hell and aint much to see right now, but you could stop up an' have a beer sometime. :haveabeer