PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin is #1!!!!

Lash
12-11-2010, 08:27 PM
In drunk driving that is.

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-120910-drunk-driving-wisconsin,0,4441796.story

nearly one in four Wisconsin drivers drove intoxicated in the past year

drivers who admit to driving drunk in the past year - 23.7 percent.

:stare

Holeshot
12-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Yeah I saw this. Pretty fucking sad if you ask me. I also see Denver is the worst city for DUI.

SCHM1AN
12-11-2010, 08:49 PM
I also saw this earlier today on autoblog. Pretty sad that when people ask you where you're from, and you say Wisconsin, this is automatically what they think of. It's happened to me on more than one occasion...

GTSLOW
12-11-2010, 10:25 PM
I posted something about dui's before. I was out running police checks in lafayette county this summer. They have a jail cell board with the persons name and offense. Out of the 20ish on there at least half was dui's. then half of that wass repeat offenders. Two did catch my attention a dude on his 5th offense dui and a woman on her 7th offense owi. :stare

Prince Valiant
12-11-2010, 10:32 PM
CLASSIC![/allanonemanwolfpack]

Sprayaway Fox
12-12-2010, 12:15 AM
The reason is because it brings in ALOT of money for the state.

As much as people think Wisconsin has tons of crime going on, you need to go to go out east or west once. Im not talking about the Mickey Mouse vacation spots either. The police dont have time for DUI stops as much.

Im not justifying it at all but the crime rate here is still way better than other areas of the USA.

Al
12-12-2010, 12:50 AM
If people are so willing to drink and drive, I think all fees and fines should be doubled. This all should be treated like the commodities market.

Car Guy
12-12-2010, 02:29 AM
I also see Denver is the worst city for DUI.

This does not surprise me. I was in Denver for the turkey day weekend and could not believe how busy the liquor stores were. I know this was a holiday weekend but comparing to Milwaukee area stores at the same time Denver wins hands down.....

animal
12-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Heh

Lash
12-12-2010, 12:28 PM
As much as people think Wisconsin has tons of crime going on, you need to go to go out east or west once. Im not talking about the Mickey Mouse vacation spots either. The police dont have time for DUI stops as much.

Uh... this wasn't based on actual DUI arrests. It's just a poll of people who ADMITTED to driving intoxicated.

Im not justifying it at all but the crime rate here is still way better than other areas of the USA.
Maybe by total numbers.... but not per capita. Per capita Milwaukee is right in line with cities like Atlanta, Miami, Cinci, Houston, and Pittsburg... and those are larger cities. Not the worst but hardly 'way' better. Milwaukee has one of the higher crime rates amongst cities of similar size.

FoxStang
12-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Or maybe WI is the most honest state in the US?

Prince Valiant
12-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Or maybe WI is the most honest state in the US?
based on the number of girls I've heard say..."i'm just big boned..." I'm doubting it...