PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a new car

STANMAN
12-10-2010, 09:54 AM
I know there's lots of salespeople here, or people who know salespeople, so here's what we need:

AWD Ford Edge for the family. Only "must" is (she is now open to color but wants red), AWD, heated seats. Lincoln MKX would be OK as well, if it fits into the $400-$425 a month price range. She would be trading in her 06 Pacifica that she still owes a little money on, but should get some positive flow from the trade.

lordairgtar
12-10-2010, 05:46 PM
I suppose Johnny2k could help you. I think he works at Uptown.

michelle
12-10-2010, 05:46 PM
I suppose Johnny2k could help you. I think he works at Uptown.

He doesn't work there anymore, if I recall correctly. He still has contacts there though, I imagine.

PureSound15
12-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Uptown sponsors the board anyway - seems like a great place to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lordairgtar
12-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Oh yeah. Capt. Bob of WHHR Radio works there, but in the service department.

88Nightmare
12-10-2010, 09:05 PM
hey bob, my father is in sales at Boucher Lincoln/Merc on hwy100 and oaklahoma. He can set you up with an MKX or sell you a new Ford as well. Anything in the Boucher network, he is able to sell.

STANMAN
12-11-2010, 05:13 AM
Just took her to the local dealer last night, as she has never driven one. Took her for a test drive, they put some initial numbers together. Giving her basically what she owes on the trade (7000), and the number came back at $540 a month. Looks like there's work to do, lol!!!!

michelle
12-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Just took her to the local dealer last night, as she has never driven one. Took her for a test drive, they put some initial numbers together. Giving her basically what she owes on the trade (7000), and the number came back at $540 a month. Looks like there's work to do, lol!!!!

Taurus X would match your Taurus pretty well. Not sure if they still have the CVT transmissions in those things, but I want to say they put them in some (all?) of the Edges as well. My uncle had a FWD Edge and liked it, but traded it in for an AWD Explorer. Loves it much better than the Edge.

Waver
12-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Taurus X would match your Taurus pretty well. Not sure if they still have the CVT transmissions in those things, but I want to say they put them in some (all?) of the Edges as well. My uncle had a FWD Edge and liked it, but traded it in for an AWD Explorer. Loves it much better than the Edge.

The Taurus x comes with the 6speed automatic transmission, just like Bob's Taurus. The Freestyle comes with the cvt, and a smaller engine (3.0 vs the X's 3.5)

PureSound15
12-11-2010, 10:25 AM

For what kind of financing? I'd get approved at your financial before going to the dealership.