PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox

JC70SS
12-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Wow the Yankees are in trouble! First they get Gonzales no Carl Crawford. Here is to the NYY:flipoff2:

badass88gt
12-09-2010, 04:24 PM
LOL, yeah. I think the Yanks are gonna be stacked on the pitching mound once they sign Lee, the Sox and Yanks should put on some good shows next year.

Go Yankees!

JC70SS
12-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Hopefully the Yankees don't get Lee. Nothing more wonderful than seeing those shit heads loose!

badass88gt
12-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Oh, c'mon, not another "They have gazillions of dollars so I hate them" guy, are ya? They've proven that money doesnt buy championships.

Being a Wisconsinite most of my life, I root for the Brewers first. Being a born NY'er, I root for the Yanks 2nd.

nismodave
12-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Its the same ol sad song...BOO HOO, the yanks spend too much money.

If the Brewers spent that kind of $ on players, people here would not complain.

Same ol sad song...

PB86MCSS
12-09-2010, 08:55 PM
The Red Sox are just about as bad as the Yankees, have been for years now with spending money. I actually hate them more than the Yankees, or about the same. Fans are annoying like most Cubs fans and think they deserve to win every year it seems. They sure improved but are losing Beltre and Martinez, two pretty damn good players.

The Brewers can't spend with the Yankees/Red Sox of the world. Economics 101 with MLB. Unless they want to lose 100 million next year, then they can add roughly 100 million in payroll. Same goes for about 20 other teams.

Money doesn't prove you win but the top payroll teams are generally at the top in the standings. If a team isn't such as Tampa who has been among the best in the last few years, it's only a matter of time since they can't afford to keep who they develop. The pipeline eventually dries out, at least for awhile.