PDA

View Full Version : American Chopper Series

spooln30
12-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Watched the new episode tonight. I really can't believe Sr didn't show up to his sons wedding. I guess I can believe it. Sr is a total POS excuse for a father. Who would first sue their own son for something the son help build. Then not attend the sons wedding. I truly think that without Paul Jr building the bikes in the beginning we probably never had heard of OCC nor would there be a TV show. Funny how now Sr claims that when he first started building bikes in his basement JR didn't build bikes with him then. I remember a older show when they took a look back at the history of how OCC started they visited Sr. Old home where it all began and he clearly stated how big Jr's designs put them in the place they were at that time. Jr also designed the OCC logo in that very same basement. I was a big fan of them and the show so sorry for posting this thread if others think I'm lame ;)

Flicktitty
12-07-2010, 12:29 AM
I used to watch this show every time it was on a few years back, i slowly lost interest in the show, as i think alot of people did, i started watching it again right when all the drama started with the sueing/firing of people.

i agree with you though about the whole jr/sr idea. But i just wonder how much of this is "made for tv drama" to get viewers back?

SBC-Fox
12-07-2010, 12:31 AM
Been a very good season of American chopper so far i think Sr. is way out of line on just about everything. On the other hand I really liked both the Gieco and Anti venom bikes alot that Paul Jr. built. Not so much of a fan of them doing a quad but you can't say no to a customer.

Yooformula
12-07-2010, 12:34 AM
I still get a kick out of listening about how well he raised them with a silver spoon in their mouths.....I guess his drunken, drugged up beatings and put downs of his kids equals a silver spoon in his world. True he may have been building bikes for a long time but he wouldnt have had a show or world famous bikes without Jr.

spooln30
12-07-2010, 12:42 AM
Yea I missed the very end of the new one tonight. Did they show the finished Quad? Hey it's something different. And yea you can't say no. Moneys money. I also will say that a friend of a friend is related to Vinny from the show and I heard pretty much everything you see with the new episodes is how it is. None of Sr's kid talk to him. That right there shows Sr's true self. I'm not at all saying that Jr ever did nothing wrong, I'm sure he did. Super fucked up when he wanted his 20% of the company(which I think he deserves about 20% on top of the 20%) and the companies worth guess what ZERO! Yea right! Sr's got a car collection worth over $1 million. So fucked up. In the end all Sr's gonna have is material items and no family. Sad but true and it's what he deserves. IMO

SBC-Fox
12-07-2010, 12:57 AM
I agree the quads differant i just really like seeing Jr.s craftsmanship and attention to detail The anti venom bike blew me away but the webbing has always been my favorite look. IMO all the new occ bikes are worthless and mediocre come on they custom fabbed a chopper in 3 days real commitment to the troops and troops past.They didn't even fab the tank they made all the sides on the water jet and welded them together.I mean i guess thats fabricating the tank but imo the easy way out.

spooln30
12-07-2010, 01:19 AM
I agree. It seems on the show now they just throw parts on the choppers. Who really knows cuz they do make a lot of parts in house. So their probably just using those. If someone comes to you for a custom chopper and pays up to $150k I would expect 80-90% be one off parts. Personally I like most of their "Theme" choppers but really like Billy Lane or Indian Larry's(RIP) style of chopper. If I would ever have the cash to get one built it would be from Billy Lane for sure. I am in love of his last "Hubless Rim" designed chopper. My custom chopper would also have to have copper. Like a copper gas tank, oil lines and seat pan for starters. Some day when I have more money to spend, I will build my own chopper. Not super raked or way too fat rear tire. More like a sportster. Able to make a uturn on one shot not a fucking 30 point turn. Like the I-Robot chopper.

BR3W CITY
12-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Did you ever see the all-copper bike Jesse James built himself back when Motorcycle Mania was still on?

http://images.buzzillions.com/images_products/07/42/discovery-channel-motorcycle-mania-3-jesse-james-rides-again-dvd_3791207_175.jpg

Karps TA
12-07-2010, 08:50 AM
I like Jr's new shop, cause he went and got Vinny and Nubs and went back to the people who helped put OCC on the map. Sr. pretty much pissed on everyone that helped build the company IMO. It might be a good way to build a business, but I lose respect for those who do it that way. Not too mention, Paulie was the vision of the company. The old school stuff Sr. likes just doesn't appeal to me.

I worked with those guys a little last year. They used the diesel engine Briggs sells for a bike for Monster Diesel. They did a pretty half ass job about it IMO as well. There's amatuers online who did a better install, that didn't included having the exhaust blow right in the drivers face. I can tell you the deadline stuff is for real though. They contact us the Thrusday before Thanksgiving last year. They wanted the engine by Monday the following week. They did the build the week after Thanksgiving, Reveal in December, and the show aired in January.

WI_Dave
12-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Did you ever see the all-copper bike Jesse James built himself back when Motorcycle Mania was still on?

http://images.buzzillions.com/images_products/07/42/discovery-channel-motorcycle-mania-3-jesse-james-rides-again-dvd_3791207_175.jpg

All hand made on an english wheel. :headbang

lilws6
12-07-2010, 11:02 AM
props for english wheel work that stuffs amazing

Anakonda69
12-07-2010, 12:18 PM
damnit i didn't even know it started back up.

Josepy
12-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Yeah Paul Sr is a total douche. Im watching to see when Jr and him meet up and Jr punches his handle bar mustache right off his face.

Larrygto
12-08-2010, 12:50 PM
I love watching Rick take a sheet of metal and turning it in to a work of art with a hammer! I'm sure most of the drama is scripted.

badass88gt
12-08-2010, 02:01 PM
I've been watching for years, the OCC bikes have gone beyond lame but I did like the AntiVenom. I wonder if Vinny is still doing VForce Customs, and why hasn't Cody joined Paul Jr yet?

Did anyone see the episode where Lee came back for a day? Boy, they really made him look like a douche after he worked for a day, told Jr how much he loved him and then bailed without even saying goodbye, lol.

-stew-
12-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Show was stupid in the beginning, and I'm sure it still is. And that two-wheeled faggotry they called "choppers" they make is stupid. Part of the reason I'm anti HD/"Chopper"/cruisers.

Korndogg
12-08-2010, 05:09 PM
About 6 or 7 years ago when I worked for Farm n Fleet, they built a bike for Cooper Tires. Some "Lucky Winner" was going to win the bike so they sent it to a bunch of farm and fleets to show it off in a trailer with big windows on it. At the end of each night I had to pull the trailer into the shop so it would be somewhat safe. Well I went into the trailer to look at the bike and I sat on it and it was one of the biggest pieces of shit that I have ever seen. The thing was just thrown together. It looked like they built the thing in 8 hours. It was terrible.

Yooformula
12-08-2010, 05:42 PM
I've been watching for years, the OCC bikes have gone beyond lame but I did like the AntiVenom. I wonder if Vinny is still doing VForce Customs, and why hasn't Cody joined Paul Jr yet?

Did anyone see the episode where Lee came back for a day? Boy, they really made him look like a douche after he worked for a day, told Jr how much he loved him and then bailed without even saying goodbye, lol.

Cody wasnt allowed to work with Jr designs officially due to legal issues from what I had read. Lee wasnt just paid to not go back but he opened his own shop too! He accepted their offer to work while his shop had finishing touches being done to it. I think he wanted some tv face time to get his name out there.

I dont think the drama is made for tv imo. My dad and brother met them at a signing once and sr was a total cockbag when he didnt think anyone was looking and the two of them went at it hard over where people couldnt exactly see them.

BlackLightning
12-08-2010, 06:14 PM

that was a great show. I got that one on dvd. I liked motorcycle mania much more then american chopper. It wasn't bad initially and last time I saw it I thought rick and christian seemed like douchebags all of a sudden.

Ricky Bobby
12-08-2010, 10:16 PM
i watch and they both are in the wrong IMO Jr would have lost his job at occ a long time before those bikes came out with all the shit he pulled. But sr is also at fault i just watch to see whats gonna happen between the family, it would tear me apart if me and my son grew up this way. If my son hated me and still invited me to his wedding i would go and sit in a corner its my damn son im goin if im the most hated person in the family

Larrygto
12-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Cody is suing TLC for $250,000 so you won't see him on the show anytime soon.

spooln30
12-09-2010, 04:45 PM
I read somewhere that Sr took back that old school chopper that Cody and him built. If that's true what a dick. Unless Cody did something bad then I could see it.

GHOSST
12-10-2010, 08:41 PM
I wonder sometimes...

u_say_go
12-10-2010, 09:08 PM
in the words of former West Coast Choppers foreman, Bill Dodge, "OCC is a joke. They get way too much play for cake decorators".
IMO the main reason Mikey and JR. were pushed out of OCC is because of Ron Salsbury (VP) and Steve Moreau (general manager). Those two got into senior's head and told him the company would do much better without them and they were paid too much etc etc. I think senior is too much of a prick to admit he was wrong and apologize.
As far as the show goes, I haven't missed an episode since day one. BUT, now I just fast forward past the segments filmed with the OCC guys. Eventually it's going to just be Paul Jr's show.

MoCkiN U
12-10-2010, 10:08 PM
what happened to the young painter who did the POW bike? his airbrushing skills were just unreal. Why did knubs keep coming and going and then back with junior? Ilike background stories......

badass88gt
12-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Justin Barnes painted the POW bike. He missed a deadline on the David Mann bike and OCC didnt like his job on that one so Sr got rid of him. I'm sure with the exposure he got from American Chopper he is doing just fine, he is an incredible painter.

badass88gt
12-10-2010, 10:38 PM
He posted this on the Discovery forums:

hey everyone. justin barnes from JB Grafix here. a few friends told me that they were still talking about us on here. its been a while now.never told everyone what went down, a lot of people ask what happened. basically you can only eat sh_t for so long before it taste bad. it was an opportunity of a lifetime for myself to have that many people see our work and i tried to do the best i could with the time we had to work on each one. we often had to deal with them wanting us to lower our bills on bikes , saying the exposure is worth more, correct but, cant pay the bills on exposure, that was a ongoing thing, we dealt with it. could write for days about what we dealt with.but about the time we started the david mann bike things were way bad, my mother was in the hospital for a few weeks now,we found out about a month later that she had cancer, which she is still fighting to this day and is the strongest person i know. so my head wasn't really into bending over backwords for anyone but i got all my work done regardless. latecia was more worried about being on tv than anything, she stopped coming into work and actually had her brother call me to tell me she was in the hospital when she was really up at occ trying to paint for them. ha i laughed. they came to pick up the david mann pieces at my shop and wanted me to go up there so they could film this big fight with us. nope. just stayed at the shop, kept working on other bikes and have never been happier. oh. then latecia comes to my shop crying a few weeks later, said they fired her and if there was any way she could come back, she said if not she was going to georgia.i said geogia's nice....
big thanks to everyone out there thats supported us