PDA

View Full Version : New $100 bill problem

05caddyext
12-06-2010, 11:15 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20101206/us_yblog_thelookout/government-cant-print-money-properly

These new bills comprise 10% of all the money in circulation? How do they know that. How do they have any clue how much actual currency is in circulation. And how do they end up printing so many that have errors? Don't they have quality control or does the guy just go home and let 1 billion bills print without checking them once. WTF.

By the way, the article is flawed. The government doesn't have anything to do with the printing of money. The federal reserve, which is not part of the government, prints money. So this better not cost the tax payer any money. They estimate it will cost $120 million to fix, you know damn well they will pass on that cost to the taxpayer.

Just another thing that proves that the numbers they talk about when it comes to money just don't make sense to the average person. $120 million to fix. Thats enough money for me and everyone I have ever met to live on for the rest of their lives. Just wasted. Complete B.S.

spooln30
12-07-2010, 12:52 AM
What's new? When has our gov not fucked us? In the end I am still proud to be an American. I wonder if any and how many of the flawed bill will survive cuz down the road they will be worth good money. I think.

TheRX7Project
12-07-2010, 01:07 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20100818/bs_yblog_upshot/british-design-firm-seeks-to-rebrand-american-currency-with-obama-on-dollar-bill

I think this pisses me off more...

spooln30
12-07-2010, 01:28 AM
Oh geez I hope they don't print those bills. Don't know why but to me they look like a flier for a night club or something. What would be so funny is to have a neg symbol in front of the dollar amount. Haha.
On Jesse Ventura's TV show Conspiracy Theory he was talking about the World Bank and elimating the US notes and having a World Note. Crazy shit. Man those notes are ugly and why do we want to have money that looks like a Euro. :(

TheRX7Project
12-07-2010, 05:25 AM
World Economy = one step closer to the New World Order...

xxsn0blindxx
12-07-2010, 07:28 AM
First of all, the Federal Reserve is a part of the US government, it may have independence from the three main branches however it is not a private entity outside of the US government.

Second, I'm all for pointing out the stupid crap that our government does, but this seems to point more at the press manufacturer. I would suspect that the primary causes of failure here are component failure due to poor design or manufacturing, improper installation, misuse or lack of maintenance. My guess is that the Federal Reserve did not design, manufacture or install the press. The presses are fairly new, so I doubt it is a maintenance issue, but I know very little about presses. If it was a misuse issue, I would suspect they would identify that pretty quickly and would not be halting production. The fact that they put a stop hold on production of bills and none escaped to the public says that the Federal Reserve's quality control worked exactly as it should. Let's look it this differently, if the Journal Sentinel bought new presses and they started messing up and they had to stop printing and stop shipment of all of the newspapers, would you say that the Journal was incompetent and had poor quality control or the printing press manufacturer?

05caddyext
12-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Quality control worked? They printed 1 Billion bills before they noticed anything. Any idea how many that is? A lot.

xxsn0blindxx
12-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Printing presses use high speed cameras to check for defects and flags the operator when a flaw is detected. Human inspection is therefore done less frequently. If the press' automated flaw detection didn't work then I would not be surprised that a lot of bills were printed before a human inspection was performed and caught the defect. Again this looks to be on the press manufacturer. The fact that no flawed bills made it out the door means that yes quality control did their job.

xxsn0blindxx
12-07-2010, 01:06 PM
According to the Bureau of Printing and Engraving web site, each presscan print 10,000 sheets per hour and each sheet contains 32 bills. That means it would take 1 press 31.25 hours to print 10,000,000 bills totalling $1 billion.

Www.moneyfactory.gov/uscurrency/theproductionprocess.html

GTSLOW
12-07-2010, 01:53 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20100818/bs_yblog_upshot/british-design-firm-seeks-to-rebrand-american-currency-with-obama-on-dollar-bill

I think this pisses me off more...

There's no way that would ever happen. They even have his stupid hope symbol incorporated into it. :rolleyes:

PureSound15
12-07-2010, 03:07 PM
By the way, the article is flawed. The government doesn't have anything to do with the printing of money. The federal reserve, which is not part of the government, prints money.

Wut? Might want to check your facts on that. The Fed is very much a government institution.