PDA

View Full Version : Steaks: 5 O'clock Club or Brewski's

HITMAN
12-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Looking for opinions from those who've eaten at both places. I've been a fan of the 5 O'Clock Club for years, as I like the charred exterior crust that they can get on their steaks. As of late I've had a number of people ask me: "Have you heard about this place Brewski's? The chef from the 5 O'Clock Club works there now..." Yeah, and ??? I wasn't aware that it took a full blown chef to char me a hunk of meat to the correct degree of Medium Rare, but maybe there is something to this...

Sooooooo, any of you fellow steak connoisseurs been to both places and can give an unbiased opinion on the two joints? Food quality? Service? Steak Flavor?

I'm celebrating 50 years on this here floating rock next week and I'm looking to make reservations for next Saturday.

MMMMMMMMMMMMM, steak....:drool: :shades

jbiscuit
12-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Never heard of Brewski's but with name like that, I'm sure its good :rolf :rolf

WickedSix
12-03-2010, 12:03 PM
If Chef Rich Alvarado's new place is Brewskis I highly recommend you go there. He use to be head chef at 5 o clock. And yes the head chef is VERY important they pick all the cuts of meat, produce, etc. Rich is an awesome guy and an excellent chef. He and his family are diehard foodies and going to his daughters b-day party and eating his food is one of the highlights of my year.

JC70SS
12-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Brewski's. My brother ate there and said it was great.

SSDude
12-03-2010, 12:14 PM
If i want a top notch blackened steak I head over to Jackson Grill on 37th and Mitchell.
I haven't been hearing anything good about 5 Oclock for the last few years
I might have to check out this Brewski's.

DirtyMax
12-03-2010, 12:59 PM
If i want a top notch blackened steak I head over to Jackson Grill on 37th and Mitchell.

This man speaks the truth. Probably best I've had... 5 o' clock, Mr B's, Butch's, etc. included.

Todd Z
12-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Yes the chef from formerly Coerper's now 5 o'clock club is at Brewski's. I have been there and HIGHLY suggest it. Prices are cheaper than 5 o'clock club and a nicer place in a better neighborhood. Ever since Teddy sold Coerper's it has gone down hill. Over half of the staff at Brewski's is from 5 o'clock. I guess the Greek woman that bought it is very hard to work for.

She never asked anybody to sign a no compete until it was too late. She asked the chef on the day he walked out. No compete's are pretty much useless in Wisconsin anyways.

Exitspeed
12-03-2010, 02:10 PM
And yes the head chef is VERY important they pick all the cuts of meat, produce, etc.

Aging the meat (wet or dry), letting the steak come to room temp before throwing it on the fire (SUPER important) (some chefs leave the steak out for 6 hours), the seasoning ( I hate an over seasoned steak. Sea Salt and Cracked pepper is all a quality steak needs) are a few other things.

DR.FORD
12-03-2010, 02:17 PM
They are good, but Mo's is the best.

STANMAN
12-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Butler Inn in Pewaukee, being a steak person (it's the only beef I eat pretty much, I don't even like "good" burgers) I have to say it's the best I have ever had, and I have had plenty.

Brewski's is pretty good though to.

HITMAN
12-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I'll be making reservations Sunday. :)

spooln30
12-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Where's Brewski's located? Sounds good and I haven't gone out for a steak since my shops last year X-Mas party at Coerpers. That was my first time there and I thought it was good steak. I also thought the prices were crazy. For 6 people the bill came to $300. That was with three of the six people have about three or four drinks. But still that's nuts. So Brewskis here I come. How is the priceing over there?

Todd Z
12-03-2010, 11:10 PM
Where's Brewski's located? Sounds good and I haven't gone out for a steak since my shops last year X-Mas party at Coerpers. That was my first time there and I thought it was good steak. I also thought the prices were crazy. For 6 people the bill came to $300. That was with three of the six people have about three or four drinks. But still that's nuts. So Brewskis here I come. How is the priceing over there?

$300.00 for six people with drinks is cheap.

Todd Z
12-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Brewski's is on 60th and Bluemound. Closed on Mondays.

spooln30
12-03-2010, 11:51 PM
This was almost a year ago. $300 is a rough price. Probably closer to $350 if not more. I can't remember the exact amount. I do remember my boss saying many times that the bill was high for what we ordered. He's been there many times before. I think my fillet alone was over $40. I don't drink so I think my part of the bill was the cheapest. If I recall my buddy ordered a car bomb and it was $14. Cuz they made him pay for the whole can of Guinness

spooln30
12-03-2010, 11:55 PM
60th and BM. This place is new I'm guessing. My old friend worked and lived above that pizza joint on 59th and BM. Right across the street from Steve's on Bluemound.

JC70SS
12-04-2010, 08:20 AM
My bro went to 5 o'clock last night ans said it is better than Brewski's. Myself I'll just got to Barbiere for a pie.

*SNOOP*
12-04-2010, 02:04 PM
5 O'clock all day...

Lash
12-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Has anybody had a steak at 'The Capital Grille' on 3rd and wisconsin?

JC70SS
12-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Kurt's in Delafield is great too!

Silver350
12-04-2010, 06:55 PM
I been to Brewski's two weeks ago and had a couple slices of a friends pizza and it was really good. I haven't tried anything else from their yet.

wikked
12-04-2010, 09:25 PM

It's great if you like your steak still mooing.

Ordered medium rare, and it was like fresh out of the package on my plate... laughable novices at that joint.

STANMAN
12-05-2010, 08:12 AM

Been there as well, it's in my top 5 for sure.

Got Boost
12-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Went to Brewskis 2 weeks ago for my b-day ... Not Impressed .. Poor service ...Steak wasnt firm in spots 50 bux for a mushy steak??? I dont think so , decor kind of sucked , Not the best steak Ive eaten .... Mos was better by far ... Latlely Ive liked Eddie Martinis.... 5Oclock is better by far....

nismodave
12-06-2010, 09:09 AM
The best Steak and meal for me, is usually on my own grill. I usually pick up a Steak from Rupenas or Leroys in Horicon.....Both very good.

No place really impresses me as far as Steak in Milw.

I DO like Kaminski Brothers in the Dells. Very VERY good.

6AesvoMZSmQ&feature=player_embedded#!