PDA

View Full Version : Need help and info.

spooln30
12-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Hey guys. Since I am going to be spending most of my free time in my garage this winter to finish my race car. I am sick of spending $60+ a week on propane for my heater. So I want to run a gas line from my house to my garage. Probably about 12 to 15' from house to garage. My boss is gonna give me a hanging style heater from the shop that has a bad blower motor. What is code for the depth of the NG line in the ground? Also any guys on here do this type of work on the side and maybe could come over and give me a quote. Thanks guys!
Keith.

Holeshot
12-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Pipe fitter Mark
Electrician Dave
HVAC Brad

Code inspector ? Don't ask don't tell ;)

spooln30
12-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Ha. No doubt. All I need is the gas line run. I can do the rest with help from my Pops. So basically I need someone to cut the concrete, dig a little and tap into my house NG line. I'll pour the concrete in spring. What's Marks name on here?

Holeshot
12-01-2010, 07:34 PM
What's Marks name on here?

Korndogg

spooln30
12-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Cool. Thanks man!

Sorry MODS thanks for moving my thread.

WI_Dave
12-02-2010, 06:51 AM
I know a guy who used a temp line with a shut off and just rolled it to garage when he used it and rolled it up when not in use. Saved him from cutting up his driveway. Fittings were on outside of house and garage so IF it ever leaked it wouldn't be inside. (it never leaked) All inside piping was hard lined and proper.