PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 305 or 350 engine in good shape

ccas
07-25-2004, 07:50 AM
I was recently told that I need a new engine or a major overhaul on my tired old 305 tbi from my camaro. I am looking for a 1991 or newer 305 or 350 to replace it with. If any one has one for sale or know someone who does email me @ customcaraudiosystems@charter.net

Poncho
07-25-2004, 04:29 PM
I have a freshly rebuilt '86 IROC 305 laying in the garage needing a new home....

Ricky Bobby
07-25-2004, 07:12 PM
this will bolt right in with the computer and all and it has alot more pep then a 305 :thumbsup

Ricky Bobby
07-25-2004, 07:13 PM
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4853

sorry forgot the link LOL

ccas
07-25-2004, 08:06 PM
So anyways, back to the 305... How much?

Poncho
07-25-2004, 09:35 PM
It's a bare block .030 over, has heuperetic pistons (not installed) milled crank, magnafluxed etc... only has 17k on it (before rebuilding/machining) --- was hydrolocked -- I guess will include the heads and ****. but not the TPI/intake

I'm not selling it but he wants $700 (eeek) But it's basically a new 18 year old motor

if you want more details call 262-644-5952 ask for John.

He's kind of a *****, wants to build a bad-ass motor for the IROC, but can't make a damn decision, help him make it and get rid of the 305.

ccas
07-26-2004, 08:33 AM
Thanks anyways, a little more than I was hoping to spend right now, plus I need something I can drop in right away. Daily driver needs engine.

rsscoty
07-26-2004, 08:02 PM
Knightmare just happens to have the 305 out of his 91 RS, since he just happens to have an LS1 residing where the 305 used to sit.
Scoty

ccas
07-27-2004, 07:37 AM
Heh, Scott how's it been? I'm the guy who sold you your front clip and quarters last year. Any idea what he wants for it?

rsscoty
07-27-2004, 11:16 AM
Not sure. His name is Tyler, it only has about 120000on it I believe.
I told him about this post last night.

Still haven't gotten the front clip on it yet.

Scoty

OldSchoolSS
07-27-2004, 01:39 PM
I have one you can have for $200 it's a merc cruiser target master engine it's a 91 or 92 I called merc and got the specs on it. I beleive it had 240 horsepower they said there merc cruiser heads had bigger valves in them so I'm assuming 1.94 intake and 1.5 exhaust. email me at srsterr @ wisc dot edu

Knyghtmare
07-27-2004, 04:57 PM
Hey yeah I have my motor out of my 91 for sale. Its a stock 305 TBI... My car has been stored every winter since its been brand new so the motor never saw a winter. It actually only has about 112,000 on it. Its a nice motor, I just went with the LS1. :) I never had any problems with it at all and I did regular maintenence (oil changes, ect). I put a new alternator on it and a new starter on it last summer and thats all included... so is the stock Torque converter and the manifolds and all the accessories and all the other junk hanging off the thing... I was asking $500 for it but I am very willing to negotiate... :) Let me know.

PB86MCSS
07-31-2004, 10:53 AM
Hey Tyler, would you be willing to sell the serpentine setup off of it seperately? No room or desire for a 305, my remaining one will be yanked by spring ;).

I am looking for another serpentine setup and its accessories, this time for the LS by next spring for a probable motor swap :). V-belts are :gay .

ffvetteman
08-01-2004, 01:39 AM
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5003

:thumbsup :D

ccas
08-02-2004, 08:27 AM
Tyler- How negoitable is "very negoitable?" If the price is right or pb86mcss wants to take my old serpintine setup off my hands I am definately interested. I need to get something in my camaro driving borrowed cars to work sucks!!! To pb86mcss, let me know if you want to go in with me on this engine or take my serpitine setup. New tensioner pulley and alt with only 500 miles on each.

PB86MCSS
08-02-2004, 08:44 AM
I should of added that...if you buy the whole motor I am interested in buying the serpentine setup off of ya as well, or Tyler before he sells the motor....doesn't matter to me too much :).

ccas
08-02-2004, 09:06 AM
What are you offering for either serp setup?

PB86MCSS
08-02-2004, 09:56 AM
Hmmm....well I would like to see both of them firsthand. But for all the brackets/pulleys/accessories and I'd also like the a/c lines too....the most I can offer is probably $150. I got the brackets and pulleys minus the alt. and a/c compressor from Al's for $60 last year off a TBI 90' RS. Good deal but I'm not in need of this one until next spring but if I can get a good price for what I want, I'll do it now.

I am halfway tempted to buy this 305 TBI Formula for $500 I saw yesterday :wow . Car is rough but all there...gotta think if I have the room for it though....

Knyghtmare
08-02-2004, 03:21 PM
Sorry I took so long I was away from the comp all weekend. I mean whatever you guys wanna do I am fine with, I guess just make an offer. I believe I do still have the AC lines too. The compressor is there and what not. Basically everything is there since I couldnt use any of it with the LS1. Just let me know what you need and I'll get it all together. The motor is still all together. I havent really touched it since.

EDIT: I could try and get some pics of the thing if you want or we could arrange for you to come look at it. Whatever works.

PB86MCSS
08-02-2004, 03:41 PM
I am interested in checking it out whenever works for you. I could pay you directly for the serp. stuff and take it off myself, I don't mind getting dirty :). Then perhaps he can have the motor itself you agree to what we offer together, myself for the serp./ac stuff and he for the 305 itself...if that makes sense? I guess all 3 have to agree really :goof.

Did the A/C compressor work ok? Either way I plan to recharge the LS with R-134a next year hopefully and probably will spring for a new GM compressor($$$) but would like one in the meantime, if it works thats a bonus.

In the meantime pics would be cool.

BTW the Formula was off of hwy 100 and Oklahoma yesterday, at the oil change place on the SW corner of the intersection(forget the name). Not there today...hmm.

ccas
08-02-2004, 04:23 PM
I'll give you $375 for the complete engine, I know you said you were negoitable on the $500. I'll give up the serp. set up on my engine right now for $125, like I said it has brand new alt. and tensioner pulley. The a/c compressor worked great 4 years ago when it was hooked up. I also have all the ac lines (2 sets actually) you can have both sets with the serp. set up. You can take it off or I can do it for you, doesn't matter to me. I would really like to be able to pick up the engine and drop it right in, don't wanna mess with switching the serp set ups. Let me know what you guys think. I do also have 2 huge boxes of 91 Rs parts laying around, if you need any little extras I probably got them and will throw them in just to get them out of the house.

PB86MCSS
08-02-2004, 10:16 PM
Hmm, I'm interested. Honestly I think I'd rather have Tylers since his was used more recently however. Not trying to sound too picky but just my feeling on it. Switching setups should be no big deal at all...easier than putting on a v-belt setup and tightening belts at least :). JMO. :3gears:

ccas
08-03-2004, 03:04 PM
Tylers is out of the car, mine is still in and running strong (at least the serp set up is) My engine just has problems, but my acc. have been running great. I got the new alt last month and the tensioner pulley the month before. I had emissions problems with my car and found out my piston rings are fried. So I guess whatever you want to do, but had to correct you on whose was used most recently, I actually ran my engine for a bit today. Let me know what's up and how you want to do this.

Knyghtmare
08-03-2004, 04:17 PM
I am good with whatever you guys wanna do. Whatever you 2 work out about who gets my serp setup. My AC worked like a champ. I used it alot before I pulled the motor. Since the window motors on my car dont work haha.

Just let me know when you guys are rock solid on who you want to get my setup.

rsscoty
08-03-2004, 07:10 PM
Ya'll worse than a couple damn women. What happened to the 305 you had under cover when I got the frotn end peices?

Scoty

ccas
08-04-2004, 08:12 AM
Just my luck, the landlord made me find somewhere else to put it. Which I didn't have, so my dumbass sold it for $75 last year before I knew if mine ran right. Believe me Scotty I'm kicking myself for it now. :nutkick

PB86MCSS
08-04-2004, 09:56 AM
Ya'll worse than a couple damn women.

Watch what you say, otherwise I might be going after your serpentine belt setup instead :goof .

Knyghtmare
08-05-2004, 04:40 PM
You guys come to a fair decition yet? 375 for the whole motor sounds good to me, so if you guys decide PB86MCSS gets my Serp Setup I will give ccas the rest of the motor for the diference of the 375 PB86 pays for the serp setup.

PB86MCSS
08-05-2004, 09:39 PM
Works for me. I'll pay $150 for the serp stuff and accessories... :shades

ccas
08-06-2004, 06:14 PM
Works for me too! It might be a week or so before I have the time to come down and pick it up, busy work schedule, having to share a car with the wife and such. Let me know if you want to check out my serp set up or if you are taking Knyghtmare's. If you want just his ac compressor that works for me too. Mine hasn't been run in 5 years, but the rest of my serp is still in the car and running right now. Quick question on the engine.... it does pass emissions right?

Knyghtmare
08-06-2004, 06:24 PM
Ok, I'll be in contact with both you guys then.

Quick question on the engine.... it does pass emissions right?

Yeah, it passed beautifully July '03.

PB86MCSS
08-07-2004, 06:38 AM
I'll take all of Tylers accessories in one big swoop :). Probably just gonna get a new compressor when I convert the A/C and get it working on the car(who knows when that is) but his will do for now...thanks though.

ccas
08-07-2004, 07:24 AM
Okay, sounds good to me. Let me know when you have gotten it off and I'll come take the engine.

PB86MCSS
08-09-2004, 10:00 PM
I picked up the serp. setup tonight :D. Thanks again Tyler.

Knyghtmare
08-10-2004, 03:43 PM
Hey no problem. Yeah, ccas you can come look at the rest whenever you want let me know. This week the better. :)

ccas
08-10-2004, 07:42 PM
Sorry it will have to be next sunday or late on sat. (5-8pm) Going to the dells with the wife and kids this weekend. But I will be by for sure next weekend to get it.

Knyghtmare
08-21-2004, 11:40 AM
Sorry it will have to be next sunday or late on sat. (5-8pm) Going to the dells with the wife and kids this weekend. But I will be by for sure next weekend to get it.

Are you still interested in this?