PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: All-new Viper for 2013

Prince Valiant
12-01-2010, 09:32 AM
And that's most of what is known now.

Development has been ongoing, and upper management has approved bringing the car back.

Things that are known:

Proportions will remain the similar to past models; long hood/short rear
It will receive a new chassis unique to it; there were rumors of it sharing a chassis w/ ferrari's or alfa's 8c

Things that are still unknown:

Engine...it's known it won't share w/ ferrari, but an all-new engine, even non-v10 is under consideration
it's stated that the car will be more accessible, so might there be a competitor to the base 'vette?

Silver86
12-01-2010, 10:13 AM
wow... interesting.

glad they decided to bring it back.

FoxStang
12-01-2010, 11:40 AM
And that's most of what is known now.

Development has been ongoing, and upper management has approved bringing the car back.

Things that are known:

Proportions will remain the similar to past models; long hood/short rear
It will receive a new chassis unique to it; there were rumors of it sharing a chassis w/ ferrari's or alfa's 8c

Things that are still unknown:

Engine...it's known it won't share w/ ferrari, but an all-new engine, even non-v10 is under consideration
it's stated that the car will be more accessible, so might there be a competitor to the base 'vette?

The Alfa 8C is the most beautiful car in production right now, being based of off it wouldn't be a bad thing at all! Though I hear its gonna lose some of its raw nature in the next generation in order to comply with the rules, that makes me sad.

Exitspeed
12-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Yep, this is good news indeed.

FoxStang
12-02-2010, 11:55 AM
News article.

http://detnews.com/article/20101201/AUTO01/12010326/1148/auto01/Chrysler-to-resurrect-Viper

TransAm12sec
12-02-2010, 03:07 PM
The new Viper "is not based on anything else," he stressed, countering speculation that it will share underpinnings with Ferrari or the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, given the partnership of Chrysler and Italy's Fiat SpA.

Bliz35
10-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Cant wait to see one in person! They have always been a unique car.

Plum Crazy
10-14-2011, 09:18 PM
I got Chrysler school on Monday and Tuesday, maybe they will have some spy shots

wrath
10-15-2011, 05:36 AM
I saw something heavily camouflaged with a long hood, a wide body, and a short rear that sounded interesting. It reminded me of a R8 or ZR1 with its complete lack of laboring to get up to speed. It had a new Charger RT and Challenger SRT with it that had the typical Chrysler test-mule package mounted to the rear. If that is what it is it aught to be a neat car. It did not look heavy or sound heavy like the old Viper.