PDA

View Full Version : Remote starter install

BadAzzGTA89
12-01-2010, 08:29 AM
Were is the best place to go to get a good one installed?

lilws6
12-01-2010, 04:42 PM
not best buy. i'de probably say alarmtronics or some place like that that specializes in that

93 Coupe
12-01-2010, 05:12 PM
I had a great experience with project 2 in waukesha with a remote starter install. I learned my lesson after going to a radio shop on 27th that couldnt install one right after several attempts.

05caddyext
12-01-2010, 07:40 PM
What kind of vehicle do you have? Gets more complex with more options you have like power locks, etc. If its a newer car, I wouldn't have anyone do it but a dealership, because you literally hook it up to everything. It has to turn on lights, lock doors, know when you step on the brake pedal, so many more things. Expect to pay at least $400 for a good job that doesn't cause electrical issues instantly.

lilws6
12-02-2010, 12:19 PM
the dealer i worked for back in the day didn't even do there remote start installs they sent them down the road to an install shop so i don't know if dealers acually do that kind of install i know alot of people frown upon that stuff. project two does great work. i almost forgot about them. they hooked us up with an adapter we were looking for at work once :)

PureSound15
12-02-2010, 01:12 PM
What kind of vehicle do you have? Gets more complex with more options you have like power locks, etc. If its a newer car, I wouldn't have anyone do it but a dealership, because you literally hook it up to everything. It has to turn on lights, lock doors, know when you step on the brake pedal, so many more things. Expect to pay at least $400 for a good job that doesn't cause electrical issues instantly.

Wut? The age of the vahicle doesn't matter. Sure, there are key modules that were added ever since the smart keys were brought into the picture 15+ years ago.

Project Two handles all of the high end stuff which is about as challenging as it gets. I'd suggest them.

BadAzzGTA89
12-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks guys it is for a guy at my work i will let him know!

Plum Crazy
12-02-2010, 06:08 PM
New Wave in Kenosha or Ericksons in Racine would be my choices. If its a newer vehicle, you could always see if the dealer offers one as an accessory. I install OEM Chrysler Remote starts and the prices are comparible to aftermarket.

spooln30
12-03-2010, 12:53 AM
I just got my remote starter from Sonic Electrix today. I will attemp to install myself this weekend. I'm pretty good at electrical and I have a all data online account. So I'm crossing my fingers and toes that I will be able to complete this job. I got a real good deal on my Remote Starting unit. It's a Phython and it was a black Friday sale. Price was $47.99 shipped. It does lock and unlock the doors but it's not a alarm. Which isn't a problem, I just wanted to be able to warm my car when it's cold and cool it when it's hot as hell. Plus the other day when it was very cold in the morning I had trouble getting into my Subby. I would have went with the Viper remote starter / alarm combo kit but that's just extra crap I would have to wire in and being this is my first install I wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

05caddyext
12-03-2010, 09:33 AM
My point about the age of the vehicle was that if its newer chances are it was a factory option and you can have a dealership install it for you without cutting wires.