PDA

View Full Version : Badgers and the Rose Bowl

VroomPshhTsi
11-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Well looks like they are one half of football away from the Rose Bowl (assuming BCS rankings stay the same). Finally, first time since 1999. Way too long of a gap there.

Bielema scored huge points this year, beating both Iowa and Ohio State in the same year. OSU still dominates the conference as of late, but Badgers are definitely a team to be reckoned with.

On Wisconsin! :headbang

xxtremeteam
11-27-2010, 04:33 PM
fingers crossed for rosebowl birth way to long since 99

VroomPshhTsi
11-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Correction: First Rose Bowl since 2000, first B10 title since 99. (Badgers went to and won Rose Bowl in 99 and 2000).

Prince Valiant
11-28-2010, 12:47 PM
I don't follow the BCS thing too closely...so I was a little worried about how it might have worked out had Wisconsin won small yesterday and Ohio state pulled ahead in the BCS...

so my questions are these:
1. Was there much chance Ohio state could have pulled ahead in the BCS?
2. Would this resulted in THEM going to the rose bowl, and us getting another at-large BCS bid?

it all seems moot now since all three contenders won, and it appears that the BCS standings should hold.

My parents live just west of Pasadena in Burbank...so my buddy and I might either road trip or flyout and stay with them and try to get to the game....

VroomPshhTsi
11-28-2010, 03:24 PM
No, there wasn't much chance OSU could have jumped us. Yes it's possible, but we were 0.5 points ahead in the BCS (Stanford was only 0.007 ahead of us). OSU would have needed to beat Michigan by more and we would have had to lose or barely beat NU.

Yes, OSU would have gone to the Rose Bowl if they had the highest BCS ranking and we would have gone to the Sugar Bowl.

Oregon and Auburn still have a game next week so anything could happen. But right now it looks like Wisconsin will play TCU in the Rose Bowl. Ohio State could play Arkansas in the Sugar Bowl.

Force4
11-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Woot woot badgers are fr***en dominating this season.

WI_Dave
11-29-2010, 08:21 AM
I like how they are out scoring the basketball team.

PB86MCSS
11-29-2010, 05:19 PM
They are playing awesome and I'm happy, although they've only really beaten a couple good teams so that's tempering my excitement. If they can beat TCU or whoever they face in the Rose Bowl that will make the season much more impressive.