PDA

View Full Version : At&t/T-Mobile Phones

03CVLX
11-24-2010, 11:25 PM
For those of you with At&T or T-mobile phones, I am curious how your service is inside of your houses/basement and inside stores etc. This is my weakest spot with my Verizon service, and I am less than 1 mile from the closest tower. And between not really needing a blackberry and the signal issues indoors anywhere I am ready to switch if I can find something better.

That being said, I was highly considering going to Straight talk at walmart. You get unlimited talk/text/data for $45 bucks a month. They have 2 different service networks depending on which phone you buy. They have CDMA Phones running on Verizons network and GSM phones Including two smartphones(still only 45 a month) that run on either At&T's or T-mobiles towers. Which is why I am asking the questions above.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

jbiscuit
11-24-2010, 11:29 PM
AT&T ftw. My phone works in the basement, inside stores, in the northwood during my annual fishing weekend....iPhone works great on their network.

badass88gt
11-25-2010, 12:23 AM
In Wausau it is the exact opposite, AT&T is the worst you could possibly get. My iPhone constantly drops calls, breaks up, and the internet is slow as molasses. When I got it the told us we should have 3G by September, then November and now they say "hopefully" January. It is a fucking joke now and I wish I wouldve never left Cellcom just to get an iPhone. In this area the iPhone is awesome as long as you don't want to use it to make phone calls.

Ricky Bobby
11-25-2010, 08:34 AM
i got verizon and i work all over SE wi and my droid X hardly every misses a beat sometimes the internet is a touch slow but calls are no problem, works good up by my trailer up north where my old at&t couldnt get a call to save its life

JC70SS
11-25-2010, 08:44 AM
T-mobile works A1 for me in any building including basements and the middle of Froedert hospital even.

SSDude
11-25-2010, 08:48 AM
ATT works great all around town and most of the state. I have found a few dead spots while traveling the state ie:Tigerton,WI. Over all good coverage.

03CVLX
11-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Thanks guys, I don't get much time up north with my job so it's mostly city for me. Sounds like it should be ok. On straight talk the GSM phones have tons more features over the CDMA versions so I will probably try it.

lordairgtar
11-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Oly place mine doesn't work is in the southwestern part of the state back in them hollers.

GHOSST
11-25-2010, 01:18 PM
At&t, sucks balls anywhere in Milwaukee, but is very good here in NC. I hate At&t though, I'm switching but just dont know to who.

chargedformula
11-25-2010, 02:22 PM
i have att. in my house in milwaukee i have no problems. but at my work, ups in oak creek, i have a really hard time getting a signal. other people with verizon have no problem in the building.

Ricky Bobby
11-25-2010, 03:00 PM
i dont know if at&t customer service has gotten better they sucked so bad i wanted to knock one guy out at the store for being a douche

03CVLX
11-25-2010, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I didn't like AT&T Customer service when I bought my Blackberry from Verizon. The guy was a real Jag.

Thankfully I won't be directly with AT&T or T-mobile just using their towers. I will be with Straight talk, its a pay as you go service only available online or at Wal-mart. 45 bucks a month for everything Unlimited.

My bill on Verizon is over 90 a month with a 15% plan discount and only 450 minutes a month. 50% cheaper sounds great to me.

Burgandy85SS
11-25-2010, 05:39 PM
I just got a BlackBerry Torch bout a month ago and so far love it. No reception problems at all.
I did also have a land line and canceled that and that took forever to do. Customer service sucked it took 5 phone calls to disconnect landline and keep internet. Well first never got disconnected then both got disconected and finally after the 5th call its done right.

Force4
11-26-2010, 01:03 PM
I have strong coverage all day in sussex through AT&T. In some houses and basements tho my signal jumps from full bars to 1 bar by moving 2 feet...

Force4
11-26-2010, 01:04 PM
As much as I like AT&T.... there a complete rip off in my opinion compared to most other providers.

Lash
11-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Sprint works everywhere. ;) I can't count the spots that my phone hasn't worked in the last 7 years on one hand.

IMO... they have the best plans too.

GTSLOW
11-26-2010, 05:04 PM
i got verizon and i work all over SE wi and my droid X hardly every misses a beat sometimes the internet is a touch slow but calls are no problem, works good up by my trailer up north where my old at&t couldnt get a call to save its life

Zero issues with mine as well. I would never switch to anything else.