PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you just need a break..

Yooformula
11-24-2010, 06:58 PM
My father in law was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer months ago. He had the surgery, underwent chemo, radiation then chemo again.:wow Veteran's day he got great news that the cancer was gone and all tests came back clear. 2 days ago, he wasnt able to get a full breath in and went in to get some tests done and was admitted. Today we found out, he now has lung cancer. At this, I am at a loss for words to say to me wife. Everyone she knows that has passed has died of cancer or has been severely affected by it.

Please say an extra prayer for her dad and his family. Man, cancer fucking sucks!

STANMAN
11-24-2010, 07:02 PM
My father in law was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer months ago. He had the surgery, underwent chemo, radiation then chemo again.:wow Veteran's day he got great news that the cancer was gone and all tests came back clear. 2 days ago, he wasnt able to get a full breath in and went in to get some tests done and was admitted. Today we found out, he now has lung cancer. At this, I am at a loss for words to say to me wife. Everyone she knows that has passed has died of cancer or has been severely affected by it.

Please say an extra prayer for her dad and his family.

Prayers sent Yoo. You and your family have had to go through so much recently it's just amazing to know how strong you guys must be just to have made it this far as well as you have. Hang in there bud, the Lord works in mysterious ways.

MoCkiN U
11-24-2010, 07:05 PM
Thinkin about you man. I have heard over the years the good lord wont give you any more than you can handle and if thats true you must have one strong family dude.........

Reverend Cooper
11-24-2010, 07:34 PM
Hang in there you two.Cancer is hell.May I suggest Debbie get herself in and screened?
It may have saved my Uncles life,all his older brothers died from cancer.

JC70SS
11-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Yoo we need to get together and talk. Last 13 mo of my life sound as bad as yours.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
11-24-2010, 08:01 PM
As always, prayers and thoughts are with you and the family

tommyt5078
11-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Sad, sorry to hear this, once should be more then enough.

Holeshot
11-24-2010, 09:13 PM
God Yoo I don't know what to say. Give Deb a hug for me and tell her Jean and I are praying for her dad and the family.

CATNHAT
11-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Prayers sent and god knows YOU are overdue for some good news!

Hang in there and if you ever want to get a beer or ??? or sit around and talk shop. feel free to call anytime.

:thumbsup

moels
11-24-2010, 09:55 PM
The boys and I send our prayers to you and your family. Stay strong!

b4mytm
11-24-2010, 11:05 PM
I will continue to send prayers his way and to you and Deb.

spooln30
11-24-2010, 11:15 PM
I really don't know you and we have never met. But I have seen your families troubles and I am deeply sorry and I will pray that all will be well for you and your family. Your a very strong person and I hope one day we can meet. Until then take care of yourself. Again very sorry to hear about this and everything else.

Keith

Larrygto
11-25-2010, 09:43 AM
As someone who has also lost to many to cancer, I feel for you and your family is in my prayers.

TheRX7Project
11-25-2010, 02:44 PM
That's terrible, Yoo. You and yours are in my prayers.

Waver
11-25-2010, 10:42 PM
I am at a loss for words at hearing this Yoo......I send my prayers out to your family and hers. I agree with Coop, get her to get scanned. You and I are walking proof of what getting checked out can do.

lordairgtar
11-26-2010, 12:51 AM
That totally sucks, Yoo. Praying for you and dad-in-law.

Force4
11-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Sorry to hear that. Prayers to your family!

michelle
11-26-2010, 01:41 PM
Sending good thoughts. Very sorry to hear about this.

GRAMPS SS
11-26-2010, 11:37 PM
Yoosof...my prayers and thoughts are with you..and yes as COOP said....get Debbie in...cancer is a mean bastard and takes only our loved ones...you never know when it will sneak in...as you know i go in Wed to have mine taken care of...didnt let many know of it...but ;lately i hear more and more of people being hit by this bastard,.....take her in and get her screened...and everyone here should be screened as well...i thought i never would get it...but it snuck in and got me...God be with your father in law my friend...

noeggs4u
11-27-2010, 06:06 AM
Prayers for you and your family.

jakedrew
11-27-2010, 07:10 PM
sorry to hear about that. Hope he gets better.

Yooformula
11-27-2010, 07:27 PM
thanks for the kind words everyone. the prognosis is not good at all considering how fast and how encompassing his cancer is right now. Having gone through 2 rounds of chemo and radiation has really wrecked his body with no way of enduring anymore treatments. My bro-in-law came by to spend time with his sis and kinda talk about what to expect. somehow saying, "I'm sorry" or "it'll be ok" just isnt fitting and has no comforting affect at this point.

You just never know when or what can happen and I am glad and thankful that his kids were finally able to make amends with each other BEFORE he got sick. Life is too short to hold grudges with family.