PDA

View Full Version : All inclusive Vaction HELP !!!

awsomeears
11-21-2010, 11:10 PM
Girlfriend and I really want to take a week off in January and Fly somewhere warm, all Inclusive is what we are aiming for. All you can Eat & Drink !!!

Who has taken such a trip :thumbsup

Where did you book ?
Did you have insurance on the whole Trip ?
What would you do different the 2nd time around ?

Price range lets say $800 to $1200 would be fine with me, each that is.

WhatsADSM
11-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Bunch of times.
Apple vacations.
Never had insurance to be honest.
If it is your first time you can probably get away with the cheaper places and you won't notice a difference. However the biggest difference between the cheaper and nicer places is the quality of food and the quality of service.

You can probably get away with a decent week vacation for that $$. Mexico is okay, Bahamas is also okay for the money, most of the other Caribbean areas will likely be out of the price range. IMO beaches are best in the DR hands down. Service is best in Mexico. IMO my suggestion bang for the buck is Punta Cana DR. Out of all the places I have been the happiest with the Riu chain, especially the Riu "palace" class. There are definitely other good chains as well just do some research on the major online agencies.

GTSLOW
11-22-2010, 12:33 AM
Wow check out expedia. All inclusive to cancun for 7days 6nights from milwaukee $858 a person.

Lash
11-22-2010, 04:06 PM
We were just at the Excellence Resort in Playa Mujeres for a week. I HIGHLY recommend it.
All inclusive....

http://www.excellence-resorts.com/all-inclusive-resorts/playa-mujeres-mexico/playa-overview.htm

SSLEVO
11-22-2010, 05:22 PM
We were just at the Excellence Resort in Playa Mujeres for a week. I HIGHLY recommend it.
All inclusive....

http://www.excellence-resorts.com/all-inclusive-resorts/playa-mujeres-mexico/playa-overview.htm

Haha, we were at their Dominican republic resort in May for our honeymoon. I would say it was a pretty nice place, i wasn't big on the heat but i suppose it's down to the mid 80's by now, LOL. The only down side to their DR location is its about an hour from the airport and isn't really near anything else. Which isn't a bad thing since they have like 7 frickin restaurants. We left the resort only once to go on a 4 wheeler ride, which was pretty sweet. I think we paid about $1200 each including air through expedia.

Exitspeed
11-23-2010, 08:45 AM
Wife and I have been to Jamaica twice. Best times we've ever had. Prices are cheaper now then when we went. We stayed at Sandals Whitehouse the first time and Sandals Negril the second time. Whitehouse was a lot nicer and more laid back which was exactly what we wanted.

Some of the best money we ever spent. Sandals Whitehouse was $4500 (flight included) for 5 days back in July of 06. You can probably go there for half that now.

DirtyMax
11-23-2010, 02:17 PM
The vacation packages offered by southwest.com are excellent. When we booked our Vegas trip, Orbitz nor Expedia could touch either the price or the ease of booking the trip.

CannotPost
11-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Some of the best money we ever spent. Sandals Whitehouse was $4500 (flight included) for 5 days back in July of 06. You can probably go there for half that now.

Went to Whitehouse 2yrs ago and agree 100%.

Exitspeed
11-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Went to Whitehouse 2yrs ago and agree 100%.

They just redid it too. We were thinking about going back again, but we want to go to one of the St Lucia resorts.