PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear

jbiscuit
11-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Wow this is hard to watch thus far. Hoping it gets better. This Viper outrun helicopter segment is beyond cheesy

michelle
11-21-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm bored with it.

jbiscuit
11-21-2010, 09:27 PM
They are lacking the wit and host chemistry of the British version. The camera work and editing of the U.S. Version is pretty bad so far also. But I think the major failure of the series so far is Tanner Foust and that other knucklehead

Ricky Bobby
11-21-2010, 09:58 PM
wow what a let down thus far im goin back to watching playboy ch for better acting :rolf

Silver86
11-21-2010, 10:37 PM
i couldnt even bring myself past watching the ads for the show. not impressed.

lordairgtar
11-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Maybe if they faked some Brit accents............

Want_Notch
11-22-2010, 06:47 AM
terrible....

shoooo32
11-22-2010, 06:58 AM
How did they f*uck this up? All they had to do was copy an existing model of a wildly successful show. It wasn't funny at all, and those three have less acting ability than Jesse James (have you seen his latest show?).:puke

GTSLOW
11-22-2010, 08:02 AM
wow what a let down thus far im goin back to watching playboy ch for better acting :rolf

:rolf nice. I'm with the general consensus the show sucks.

Karps TA
11-22-2010, 08:08 AM
Reading a review on jalopnik I was prepared for it, and it ended up being a little bit better then I expected. They said by the 3rd episode the cast starts to loosen up and get comfortable with the show.

The first season of the original wasn't very good either. You can't just have instant chemistry with 3 people who have never worked together.

Just the sound of the 3 lambo's being driven hard was enjoyment for me.

jbiscuit
11-22-2010, 08:22 AM
the 3 lambos at full song was the ONLY highlight to this first episode. But a quick YouTube search could net you similar findings. Not worthy of all the footage they gave them. The Viper segment was some of the longest, worth car footage ever on TV. It was mega boring. Seriously driving around trying to "ditch" a copter? It was so long and stupid I almost turned the show off and wouldn't watch future episodes. I'll give it a couple more weeks to get better but so far Tanner Foust just ruins it for me. Joe Rogan and Jack Osbourne suck too on this show.

GTSLOW
11-22-2010, 08:30 AM
After they ran the viper and were posting the time on the board. I kept thinking you guys really think your show is gonna last long enough to fill that board?

Karps TA
11-22-2010, 08:34 AM
I guess I went in with lower expectations then others did. I would say the only thing that really bothered me was the camera work. It was too American, too Michael Bay for me. Way too bright. But that's stuff they'll learn in time as well.

I hope people don't bash it to death before it gets a chance to improve.

EvolvedRegal
11-22-2010, 08:34 AM
I turned it off in the middle of the viper segment.

Gregor
11-22-2010, 08:47 AM
I didn't get to watch it. But it sounds like I didn't miss much.

Maybe Tim Allen would have been a better match for the main host.

jbiscuit
11-22-2010, 09:11 AM
somebody with personality is what the show needs as a main host!!

Ricky Bobby
11-22-2010, 11:50 AM
i dont know what it needs but damn something, cause damn was it friggin boring

SilverHorse
11-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Yeah, it was pretty bad. Check out their Facebook page, they asked the question "What do you think of the first episode?" I don't think there was one positive response.

GTSLOW
11-22-2010, 02:12 PM
i dont know what it needs but damn something, cause damn was it friggin boring

They should have demo cars on there. :goof Actually it would probably retain more viewers as I'mn sure next weeks show is gonna get slammed.

BR3W CITY
11-22-2010, 02:27 PM
somebody with personality is what the show needs as a main host!!

This is why Clarkson makes that show what it is in the UK. He's an ass, but unapologetic for it, and he sparks alot of the banter that makes the show what it is.

I caught a few minutes of the new one, and it seemed like they really were just too awkward around each other.

Ricky Bobby
11-22-2010, 04:13 PM
They should have demo cars on there. :goof Actually it would probably retain more viewers as I'mn sure next weeks show is gonna get slammed.

id be glad to go on there and junk some cars i about spit when i seen them jumping that 74-6 caddy that is one badass demo car and they are gonna junk it by being retards(yea i know smashing is so much better :goof) ihave just the car to take on there a 75 impala that has a body made out of 1" steel plate and solid plated frame :headbang 10k lbs

but yea they are gonna have to do something fast or the popular name is gonna be ruined

FoxStang
11-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Better than the original!!!!!

Just kidding, still no worse than Top Gear Australia though. I'll give it two seasons before I make my final judgment, takes time to build chemistry.
Any guesses on who the Stig is?

xxtremeteam
11-22-2010, 06:06 PM
stig my guess is Paul tracey he does that super car shoot out show on speed with tanner and seems similar in build

I kinda liked the show not as good as original but not bad and there is nothing else on sunday nights anyways

FoxStang
11-22-2010, 08:45 PM
stig my guess is Paul tracey he does that super car shoot out show on speed with tanner and seems similar in build

I kinda liked the show not as good as original but not bad and there is nothing else on sunday nights anyways
Can't be, Paul Tracy is 5'10", the Stig seen in pictures is only like 5'4".

Plum Crazy
11-22-2010, 09:23 PM
It may not be as good as UK Top Gear, but it beats the hell out of Ice Road Truckers in India.

Prince Valiant
11-22-2010, 09:27 PM
clearly the show needs me.

jakedrew
11-22-2010, 10:13 PM
i cant complain on it. better then watching pimp my ride.

04_GTO_Jimbo
11-23-2010, 01:03 AM
Show was ok. Everything seems scripted. Im always game for beating the piss outa an expensive car that not mine but, they are way over doing it. and why did they have to have a "stig". There is only one stig!

Russ Jerome
11-23-2010, 02:34 AM
Hate the original so much never botherd watching the US version! Never understood how a handfull of lame "know absolutly nothing about mechanics" idiots from England (another hate thread in itself) got to host a car show.

My favorite moment of the English version is the lead idiot dropping his foot down in top gear and 2000 rpm of an EVO and bitching it took forever to get boost...guy should have read a book or two on forced induction before being allowed to drive a turbocharged vehicle, especialy on- air.

British_Ben
11-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Hate the original so much never botherd watching the US version! Never understood how a handfull of lame "know absolutly nothing about mechanics" idiots from England (another hate thread in itself) got to host a car show.

My favorite moment of the English version is the lead idiot dropping his foot down in top gear and 2000 rpm of an EVO and bitching it took forever to get boost...guy should have read a book or two on forced induction before being allowed to drive a turbocharged vehicle, especialy on- air.

Pretty sure you missed the whole point of Top Gear... lol

I haven't watched the US version yet, probably will tonight.

TraceDaddy
11-24-2010, 08:04 AM
Watched it last night. Not bad. Not as funny as the original. Maybe that will come with time.

Ricky Bobby
11-24-2010, 10:19 AM
http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh458/Hansen23x/GreenMonster001.jpg
after paint
http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh458/Hansen23x/OUTLAW002.jpg

found my new ride to take out tanner 1" thick skin and some other welding done :rolf nice big 406 to move it around a 4:10 gear

lordairgtar
11-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Those Buick wheels jazz it up some, but I'd sell them to a Buick guy and just use regular steelies.

British_Ben
11-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Watched the US version last night. While it's nowhere near the original, it wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be. One thing I noticed is I didn't really laugh once. The British version has me laughing quite a bit. I think this show will come around and be decent.

DEFINITELY hate the camera work though. At first it seemed alright but it just got worse and worse.

Ricky Bobby
11-29-2010, 11:14 AM
how many shows they gonna run before they realize that it sux :rolf

FoxStang
11-29-2010, 04:30 PM
how many shows they gonna run before they realize that it sux :rolf
First few seasons of the modern TG UK were pretty shitty too.

British_Ben
11-29-2010, 04:50 PM
First few seasons of the modern TG UK were pretty shitty too.

BLASPHEMY! :rolf

350-Z28
11-29-2010, 05:01 PM
I went into it with low expectations, and well, the whole viper chase thing totally killed them, but after that it was decent. I think my biggest complaint is Tanner Foust, way too serious about the whole show, I mean come on you get paid to beat the hell out of some pricey ass cars and crack jokes, so crack some jokes!

I still vote the British government mandates they bring the UK version back!

Russ Jerome
11-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Tried to watch an episode, turned the station when the fat guy in the pass seat of the Viper tried to act scared of a helicopter that was obviously unarmed....10min in and fail occured and an old Simpsons episode lured me in.

jakedrew
11-30-2010, 08:41 PM
evo :)