PDA

View Full Version : Troubleshooting my 600rr

loud91rs
11-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Well I bought a wrecked 600rr at the end of this summer and have been putting it back together. I sorted out all the problems the bike had and it's just about together with all my new track goodies, except I am having one problem and I'm not getting much help on 600rr.net so I am asking you guys for help/advice.

The bike idles at about 1500rpm when cold, and runs smooth/great. Once the bike gets warm it wants to idle at about 1000rpm. It then of course wants to die. I tried turning up the idle adjuster, but it does nothing. I tore the airbox off and looked at where the cable goes. It goes into a hole, with a threaded end and a spring on it. I see it turning as I turn the adjuster. My idle still won't do anything.

I would appreciate any ideas you guys might have for me to try to fix this. I have never had to deal with anything like this. I read a lot that people had to replace the cable, but mine still adjusts properly. This problem persisted before and after I got a power commander III.

SSLEVO
11-21-2010, 09:48 PM
It should idle around 1000, i didn't know fi bikes even had idle adjustment?

emptypockets
11-22-2010, 06:44 AM

You can manually jack the TB blades open, they have a screw adjustment on them. :thumbsup You can also just tension the throttle cable till it increases RPM if you like.

As far as the problem causing this, no idea...

RanJer
11-22-2010, 08:13 AM
You can manually jack the TB blades open, they have a screw adjustment on them. :thumbsup You can also just tension the throttle cable till it increases RPM if you like.

As far as the problem causing this, no idea...

Or you can twist the Idle adjuster by your left knee. Yes, even FI bikes have it. Don't think the problem is related to that. PM sent.

loud91rs
11-22-2010, 09:48 AM

Factory spec actually says it should idle at 1400 +- 500rpm. At 1000rpm, it pulsates up and down and if you rev it, it dies when it idles down.

Or you can twist the Idle adjuster by your left knee. Yes, even FI bikes have it. Don't think the problem is related to that. PM sent.

I have tried to adjust the idle adjuster on the left side of the bike, but it does nothing. I am going to look further into it before anything else. It could cost me a small fortune to bring it in so that will be my last case scenario.

loud91rs
11-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Well I figured it out. The adjuster was seized. Broke it free and it idled right up. I guess I am paranoid since who knows what's happened to the bike.