PDA

View Full Version : Trackside racing

hotshift13
11-21-2010, 07:17 PM
:I'm going to start racing next friday in the spec Slash class to get a little experence racing off road. Looking for some pointers in getting started. Like shock oils and springs to run to get started. My truck is box stock, seems people dont really need to make any changes, thouths on this. Also I may be looking to race in the stock short course class also, I have everything except a roller, anyone have one collecting dust? Any advice wuold be great!!

Anyone here race on friday night here? There must have been 50+ racers there, which I was Impressed by! Let me know, some of you guys were talkin about racing, just seeing who is, or is interested....:D:D

lilws6
11-21-2010, 07:48 PM
id be interested but i work until 7 fridays :( i got my sc10 all set up too

FANAT1C
11-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Last friday had 80 entries.
I try to race most Fridays. 4WD SC!

Just to let you know, Dec 3, 4, 5 is the Spektrum race. I think it was over 200 entries with manufacture vendors on site so it's gonna be pretty packed.

hotshift13
11-23-2010, 08:24 PM
sounds like fun....need i little pracitce time tho. They were going to redo the course this week I guess, Should be interesting

LIZMO
11-23-2010, 08:53 PM
theres always a ton of people there on fridays!
they order toppers alot too thats how i know! haha they get 30%off so keep that in mind! :)

Crawlin
11-23-2010, 08:56 PM
I have a Team Losi LX-T that's a roller. Old and in great shape though since I barely ever used it(especially in the last 10 years).

I offered it up to donate to a friend's younger nephew, but if he doesn't want it(since it is a roller) then it'll be up for donation

(also have an RC10LSS that's been lightened up quite a bit with stock pieces drilled)

Racer X79
11-23-2010, 10:13 PM
:I'm going to start racing next friday in the spec Slash class to get a little experence racing off road. Looking for some pointers in getting started. Like shock oils and springs to run to get started. My truck is box stock, seems people dont really need to make any changes, thouths on this. Also I may be looking to race in the stock short course class also, I have everything except a roller, anyone have one collecting dust? Any advice wuold be great!!

Anyone here race on friday night here? There must have been 50+ racers there, which I was Impressed by! Let me know, some of you guys were talkin about racing, just seeing who is, or is interested....:D:D

My sons and I race on Fridays when we can, and the Saturday night Fevers when we can (one coming up this Saturday on the new layout...starts at noon).

As far as your Slash, keep the stock springs, put 35wt. oil in the front, and 30wt. in the rear. Set your ride height so when the truck is on a level surface and ready to race (body on, battery in, etc...) the rear drive shafts and the front arms are parallel to the surface it's sitting on. You set the ride height by adding or removing the black plastic spring spacer clips above the springs on the shock bodies. Set the camber to -1 degree on all four corners, and make sure your battery is all the way to the rear. This should get you pretty close.

If you ever need any help, my name is John and I race a red/black/silver Chevy bodied Blitz in stock short course, and my son John races in stock spec slash with a red/black/silver proline body. :thumbsup

Racer X79
11-23-2010, 10:22 PM
I forgot to mention the brand new 100% clay high banked oval where the offroad track used to be. It is smooth as glass and very fast with tons of traction. Oval racing is on Thursday nights (Wednesday this week) and they run 17.5 Sprint car, 17.5 Latemodel, Outlaw/Open/Modified Foam tire Sprint car, and 10.5 Truck.