View Full Version : new car!!

LIZMO
11-11-2010, 11:30 PM
so... i bought a new car... i bought it for these reasons
my gray 240 has a dented to sh!t roof
rear quarter panal has a dent
core support is dented/beat up
all previous owner beat ups..
i am swaping EVERYTHING from my gray 240 to the new car.. and putting the motor and trans from the white car to the gray car and probably selling it in spring or whenever its done.
the white car is going to be painted gray
on to the pics....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/anywherebuthere/white%20coupe/IMG_3916.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/anywherebuthere/white%20coupe/IMG_3918.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/anywherebuthere/white%20coupe/IMG_3919.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/anywherebuthere/white%20coupe/IMG_3920.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/anywherebuthere/white%20coupe/IMG_4163.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/anywherebuthere/white%20coupe/IMG_4184.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/anywherebuthere/white%20coupe/IMG_4195.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/anywherebuthere/white%20coupe/IMG_4196.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/anywherebuthere/white%20coupe/IMG_4201.jpg

yes it really has 19 thousand miles on it.
its an 1989 xe 240sx single cam 5-spd
yes im NOT keeping it manual, my setup i have now will be in it.
:)
-Lizmo

lordairgtar
11-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Very nice car! I say drop a SBC V8 and flame it.

LIZMO
11-11-2010, 11:44 PM
no! :)

GTSLOW
11-12-2010, 12:01 AM
looks good! I see its highway cherry has already been popped :D

LIZMO
11-12-2010, 12:07 AM
haha yeah my friend couldn't wait to see it so i had to bring it out lol

GHOSST
11-12-2010, 01:38 AM
19K? Damn did someone buy it and store it? Wow.

Note: Contradiction plates are so last Tuesday.

And people still go to Oscars? Is that Oscars parking lot?

Dr.Buick
11-12-2010, 07:35 AM
Cool nice car. Nissan's are one cool ride. but a rb26 would be the ticket

juicedimpss
11-12-2010, 08:48 AM
nice ride Liz. I think you made the right decision to swap cars rather than bury yourself in the other one.

Waver
11-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Very nice pick up liz. This car looks a lot more solid than the gray one. Are you even swapping over the cage, or was that a weld in. I would keep the manual as a backup just incase you have more trans issues.

nismodave
11-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Congrats!!!

Silver86
11-12-2010, 09:37 AM
very cool! 19k miles :stare

BAD LS1
11-12-2010, 10:52 AM
You and flick have WAAAYYY more ambition than i do! I cant even finish my wifes car in a timely manner lol. Awesome move on the low mile car, the pink should contrast nice with the white:thumbsup All of this will probably give you two the opp to correct anything else you werent happy with on the gray car too. This car would be a perfect one to leave the stock exhaust in place and run a cut out and open waste gate on too. Just love that sound when something is seamingly quiet then all of a sudden just roars to life when the waste gate opens.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
11-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Awesome pick up Lizmo

LIZMO
11-12-2010, 12:37 PM
19K? Damn did someone buy it and store it? Wow.

Note: Contradiction plates are so last Tuesday.

And people still go to Oscars? Is that Oscars parking lot?

the plates are off the gray car... didnt register the white car yet shhhhh
yeah ppl still go to oscars.. i only went to meet up w a friend who wanted to see the car, and thats a good meeting spot for us.

Cool nice car. Nissan's are one cool ride. but a rb26 would be the ticket

no! murray can have that :)

nice ride Liz. I think you made the right decision to swap cars rather than bury yourself in the other one.

yeah i kinda figured itd be the sameish price to do both... but this will be easier i think, but still im gonna make you weld me in a cage when i get money for it! :)

Very nice pick up liz. This car looks a lot more solid than the gray one. Are you even swapping over the cage, or was that a weld in. I would keep the manual as a backup just incase you have more trans issues.

no the cage isn't going in the white car, it is a bolt in, 1. it doesnt fit cuz the car has a sunroof and the bar doesnt clear where the sunroof motor stuff is... 2. i wouldn't wanna put a bunch of holes in the floor pan for a bolt in where the cage would go..
and that manual wont fit my 2jz..

You and flick have WAAAYYY more ambition than i do! I cant even finish my wifes car in a timely manner lol. Awesome move on the low mile car, the pink should contrast nice with the white:thumbsup All of this will probably give you two the opp to correct anything else you werent happy with on the gray car too. This car would be a perfect one to leave the stock exhaust in place and run a cut out and open waste gate on too. Just love that sound when something is seamingly quiet then all of a sudden just roars to life when the waste gate opens.

ik the pink would look good on white but my heart is set on gray... so itll be painted lol
and thats another reason why i wanted a cleaner shell too, to fix some little things here and there...
well see on the stock exhaust hahah that would be really funny!!

Awesome pick up Lizmo

thanks 'big daddy' when the f did u change that?! lol i had to ask nick who u were

thanks everyone else :)

jbiscuit
11-12-2010, 12:42 PM
looks super nice! Good find!

FoxStang
11-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Looks clean and its got the HUD too, nice purchase!

stealthy1ss
11-12-2010, 04:54 PM
I like what I see. Keep those wheels on the car though when you put the 2J in it instead of the pink ones.

sloLs1
11-12-2010, 06:07 PM
very nice! cant wait to she what it looks like in spring!

WhatsADSM
11-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Sooooooooo much better choice! Congrats.

LIZMO
11-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Thanks guys... I hope everything turns out as good as I'm hoping lol.
And when nick first found it I didn't really care about the HUD cuz I didn't think I'd like it.. But now that I've been driving it w/ HUD I kinda like it.. Now to find pink bulbs for that :)
Tyler.. Maybe i'll keep the stock wheels on for 1 day to see how much spin i'll have.. Lol

michelle
11-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Awesome find!

I really need to get my car finished. You'll have everything swapped over before I get a mile on my setup. :thumbsup

Holeshot
11-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Great find. Congrats !

GHOSST
11-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Just yanking your chain,:thumbsup lol.

Hec, I know Oscars will forever bring memories and a good time! If you dont have at least one memorable moment at Oscars, then you haven't lived on HWY doing the car thing, IMO.

LIZMO
11-12-2010, 11:42 PM
haha yea true that! or krispy kreme.. thats where i started out i think lol idr

WilliamZ
11-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Great find!

Russ Jerome
11-16-2010, 07:11 PM
Dam fine late model vehicle! Wont recognize you anymore!

Beagle
11-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Nice!!!! Thats awesome!!!!!

LIZMO
11-28-2010, 12:22 AM
thanks! im super excited to do the swap lol...

Beagle
11-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Do the swap all over again lol... What are you gonna do with the gray coupe?

LIZMO
11-28-2010, 12:13 PM
either put the white cars sohc in it. or sell it? or maybe daily drive it?

Beagle
11-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Cool cool. If you sell it let me know

LIZMO
11-28-2010, 01:34 PM
alright will do

Force4
11-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Nice fine! super clean and low miles!!!

Exitspeed
11-29-2010, 08:45 AM
IMO it's a damn shame you are going to swap your set-up into that chassis instead of keeping possibly the lowest mileage S13 in existence stock to hold it's value. It's going to be worth absolute shit after you are done. It's just going to be another 240 that has been ripped apart and raped. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way. Just stating a fact. less and less stock 240's are out there and a low mileage one like that should be kept as is and restored. But that's just my opinion and it's not my car.

I mean if you are looking for a clean body to put your set-up in, there are cleaner ones out there with more miles that aren't going to worth anything in the future.

When I heard what your plans were with this thing it made me want to shed a tear.

Good luck with the swap though.

srt4eh
11-29-2010, 09:22 PM
IMO it's a damn shame you are going to swap your set-up into that chassis instead of keeping possibly the lowest mileage S13 in existence stock to hold it's value. It's going to be worth absolute shit after you are done. It's just going to be another 240 that has been ripped apart and raped. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way. Just stating a fact. less and less stock 240's are out there and a low mileage one like that should be kept as is and restored. But that's just my opinion and it's not my car.

I mean if you are looking for a clean body to put your set-up in, there are cleaner ones out there with more miles that aren't going to worth anything in the future.

When I heard what your plans were with this thing it made me want to shed a tear.

it's just a car :D

FoxStang
11-29-2010, 09:56 PM

Its a Nissan 240sx, not a numbers matching muscle car or historically significant classic. I don't doubt they'll be slightly more valuable in the distant future, but nothing that will ever be something you regret modifying lol.

LIZMO
11-29-2010, 10:07 PM
mel - i know where your coming from and nick told me what you all told him...

i wanted a clean as f car... and it just so happened to be probably the lowest mileage one... im honestly not gonna feel sorry about doing it... i mean i paid for it, its mine. if i did the damage the my gray car MYSELF i would feel bad... but i bought the car with the dented roof, the dented core support, and the dented rear quarter panal, for HELLA cheap. i couldn't pass it up. you can thank the previous owner & friends for the dents.

"It's going to be worth absolute shit after you are done." i think its gonna be worth alot of value to me... im not building the car the sell it, im building it for me, myself, and i.

he also said you would wanna buy it around xmas if it wasn't torn apart yet... and well its not torn apart, shoot me a number, b/c ik there are just as clean ones out there and maybe if you REALLY want it we can talk, as long as i find another clean as f one. lol.

BadAzzGTA89
11-29-2010, 10:22 PM
That's gonna be very very nice:thumbsup

LIZMO
11-29-2010, 10:35 PM

wikked
11-30-2010, 12:33 AM
White > gray.

Exitspeed
11-30-2010, 08:52 AM
it's just a car :D

Its a Nissan 240sx, not a numbers matching muscle car or historically significant classic. I don't doubt they'll be slightly more valuable in the distant future, but nothing that will ever be something you regret modifying lol.

No one thought GTO's were going to be worth shit back in the day either.

mel - i know where your coming from and nick told me what you all told him...

i wanted a clean as f car... and it just so happened to be probably the lowest mileage one... im honestly not gonna feel sorry about doing it... i mean i paid for it, its mine. if i did the damage the my gray car MYSELF i would feel bad... but i bought the car with the dented roof, the dented core support, and the dented rear quarter panal, for HELLA cheap. i couldn't pass it up. you can thank the previous owner & friends for the dents.

"It's going to be worth absolute shit after you are done." i think its gonna be worth alot of value to me... im not building the car the sell it, im building it for me, myself, and i.

he also said you would wanna buy it around xmas if it wasn't torn apart yet... and well its not torn apart, shoot me a number, b/c ik there are just as clean ones out there and maybe if you REALLY want it we can talk, as long as i find another clean as f one. lol.

I know it's your car and you can do what you want with it. It's just my opinion that a car like that should be preserved because right now it's a rare gem. When you are done with your swap, it's going to be just another modded 240 that is going to have hardly any value beyond your own personal value. You know as well as i do how many bad ass modded 240's are out there that people have tons of money into and are getting $4000 for them when they decide to get rid of them. Low mileage 240's are rare and holding their value and as people who grew up with them, or even had one at the peak of their popularity, get better jobs, get older, and kids get older they are going to want to start restoring them. I know I will be and those low mileage ones are going to be rare. Really rare, when you consider the scene these cars are involved in and how few nice condition ones are left out there. Sure you can find them now, but in 10 years, after all these kids are done smashing them up at the track, those stock ones are going to be so hard to find.

I wish I could buy it from you. I really do.

And btw, I by no means am trying to disrespect you. I'm just jealous that I CAN'T buy it from you. I just have strong opinions about 240's s you probably already know. Most people, even 240 enthusiasts, think these cars are disposable but I have a strong appreciation for them and the community. So my instinct is to try saving such a such rare one when I see it. Nothing personal.

WilliamZ
11-30-2010, 09:15 AM

Really??

I'd do the same thing if I was her...

Exitspeed
11-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Really??

I'd do the same thing if I was her...

Which is fine. I obviously have a different opinion.

And let me also add, if this thing had even 50k on it, I wouldn't say shit.

LIZMO
11-30-2010, 09:43 AM
i get what your saying, completely, but i dont want to save/restore it because i cant afford to buy another car (or fix the damage on the gray car) and its time to make the exterior of my project look nicer...
its not my fault the car was what i was looking for and in my price range... it was either that one or one in cali that was modded a little... and the guy towed me the car to my work, i didnt have to fly out there/drive it back, i kinda liked that aspect.

Exitspeed
11-30-2010, 09:50 AM
i get what your saying, completely, but i dont want to save/restore it because i cant afford to buy another car (or fix the damage on the gray car) and its time to make the exterior of my project look nicer...
its not my fault the car was what i was looking for and in my price range... it was either that one or one in cali that was modded a little... and the guy towed me the car to my work, i didnt have to fly out there/drive it back, i kinda liked that aspect.

I understand your reasoning. It'll be bad ass when you are done. I love clean 240's and yours will be one of the cleanest modded ones out there.

What are you doing with the KA? Putting it in your gray one and hanging on to it?

My plan is to swoop up a coupe in spring. Is the gray one's body a total pile? I can't recall exactly.

Flicktitty
11-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Hey Mel, if you need help finding another coupe when its time let me know. i was on craigslist/autotrader/cars.com/nico/zilvia/freshalloy/ebay and many other sites and actually found quite a few stock/lowish mileage (sub 50-60K s13's) just gotta be willing to do some running around and chasing to find them.

The gray isn't THAT bad. it's fixable. it's got like 210K miles on the chassis. the previous owner slid the car into a tree or a fence and messed up the upper core support so that would need to be replaced (upper support is about $300 from nissan) the rear 1/4 panel on the passenger side has a good size issue going around the taillight (that would require a whole new 1/4 panel to be welding in (overs MIGHT fix it though) Also the roof has a bunch of dings/dents from the previous owner as well, so that would need to be replaced. we asked around and looked at some options and pricing and it woulda been an easy 3-5k in body work. Not to mention there is a bunch of little dings/dents throughout the car. plus it needed some new things anyway (like a newer steering rack due to it leaking,new brake calipers she got Q45 ones already,and a new windshield due to hers being cracked) not to mention the car was in atleast 2 previous accidents before she got it so who knows how straight any of the frame/body really is.

but yeah, i believe we will be putting the ka out of the white car and the 5spd into the gray coupe as well as the suspension/brakes/etc. I'm not sure what she will do with the car though she was talking of driving it since it gets good gas mileage or maybe selling it. time will tell.

Exitspeed
11-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I'll let you know. I'm always down to go get a 240. My first one was from KY, and the second from ATL. The last 2 240's I had I sort of settled. The first hatch I couldn't pass up because it only had 83k , no rust and MINT interior and I got it for $1600. My second one, the coupe, was perfect from the driver side but the passenger side was banged in. The next 240 I get I just want a super clean body to start with, decently low miles (less then 150k preferably), coupe, 5 speed, chuki. I'd like a vert even more. But that low mileage 5 speed KA would be a perfect swap for a vert if it's high mileage. ;)

Ok, sorry, this was way off topic.

nismodave
11-30-2010, 11:52 AM
All this trouble over an S13? :goof

LIZMO
11-30-2010, 03:34 PM
i havent really decided what im going to do w/ the gray car or the KA. i wanna talk to the previous owners brother b/c he has first dibs on if i sell the gray car.. ask him if he wants it and if he does w/ the motor or w/o... b/c i can't make up my mind yet, i have time also. i might just keep it and drive it since it will get better gas milaege than my lexus does. but im not sure how i feel about driving 5spd all the time haha. i think i like to multitask too much... even though i shouldnt, but anyways yeah i gotta think about what i want to do, but if i do part w/ the motor/trans youll be first to be notified.

FoxStang
11-30-2010, 10:07 PM
No one thought GTO's were going to be worth shit back in the day either.

I'm still not drawing a comparison, maybe if Nissan had brought over SR powered car I could see them being worth coin in the future, but really the only thing that separates a 240 from the rest of the econobox crowd is RWD. That's not gonna be enough to draw many times the price of the car, I just don't see these eclipsing the 10k+ mark anytime because there's really nothing that great about a bone stock NA market S chassis.

With that said I almost bought one on several occasions but never found one quite enough to my liking. They're cool cars when modified, but nothing too special when stock.

Can't wait to see this one complete!

LIZMO
11-30-2010, 11:12 PM
thanks... im excited too.
and honestly, i can't buy a car and not use it for its purpose... be driven. so even if i kept it stock, it would rack up miles FAST. so therefore it wouldn't be worth anything anyways lol.

Exitspeed
12-01-2010, 08:38 AM
I'm still not drawing a comparison, maybe if Nissan had brought over SR powered car I could see them being worth coin in the future, but really the only thing that separates a 240 from the rest of the econobox crowd is RWD. That's not gonna be enough to draw many times the price of the car, I just don't see these eclipsing the 10k+ mark anytime because there's really nothing that great about a bone stock NA market S chassis.

With that said I almost bought one on several occasions but never found one quite enough to my liking. They're cool cars when modified, but nothing too special when stock.

Can't wait to see this one complete!

I disagree on them being nothing special stock. I auto-X'd my hatch and coupe stock and even on all season tires, did damn good and enjoyed it immensely. Hell i ran faster times stock on all season's then a dude I knew with an RB and an SR. 240's are real drivers cars. They are one of the last real drivers cars that are affordable. They're no frills. No cup holders, lightweight, well balanced, attractive (even to this day) and easy to drive fast.

Not everyone has the same passion for the same cars. I would never buy a GTO despite how awesome they are to other people. To me those cars have no value. Do you get what I'm saying? These cars are also going to be more and more rare as the years go on (obviously that is with every car), but more so with 240's because of all the chassis that are being destroyed during drifting.

This has been something that has been debated to death on Zilvia. Some people think they will be worth something one day (usually the people who truly are passionate about the car. Not the ones who bought one to go MaD tYte DrIfTinG Yo), and there are people who have the same view as you. Obviously only time will tell. Down the road though I'd have no problem paying a good chunk of money for a very rare one like a 89 Lavender Frost Metallic.

Prince Valiant
12-01-2010, 09:17 AM
240's are real drivers cars.Sorry, but the US spec 240 sx's were considered secretaries cars when they were new. Akin to v6 camaro's and 4 cylinder mustangs...they looked the part but were nothing more. It was something people bought if they wanted to have a sporty looking car...few bought it for any true sports intention, since it was very outclassed by competitors of the time. What a shame, as myself and my friends considered it one of the best looking cars...but since it was underpowered, we also considered it a poseur's car.

What's made the 240's desireable now is the aftermarket availability of foreign market engines and the relative ease of swapping in a variety of powerplants. It is probably the closest modern car that emulates the 30's/40's hot-rod era in that it's rare to modify the original engine...just swap it for something better.

20 some odd years after they started making it, now one can simply buy a great 240 (provided someone modded first, lol).

I think it's great that Liz found such a clean car to swap to...it's going to be weird when she's done. This car has seemed like a never-ending project for a long long time :thumbsup

Flicktitty
12-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Sorry, but the US spec 240 sx's were considered secretaries cars when they were new. Akin to v6 camaro's and 4 cylinder mustangs...they looked the part but were nothing more. It was something people bought if they wanted to have a sporty looking car...few bought it for any true sports intention, since it was very outclassed by competitors of the time. What a shame, as myself and my friends considered it one of the best looking cars...but since it was underpowered, we also considered it a poseur's car.

What's made the 240's desireable now is the aftermarket availability of foreign market engines and the relative ease of swapping in a variety of powerplants. It is probably the closest modern car that emulates the 30's/40's hot-rod era in that it's rare to modify the original engine...just swap it for something better.

20 some odd years after they started making it, now one can simply buy a great 240 (provided someone modded first, lol).

I think it's great that Liz found such a clean car to swap to...it's going to be weird when she's done. This car has seemed like a never-ending project for a long long time :thumbsup

Pretty good point here actually,

I have been in and out of the 240sx scene for almost 10 years now, i've always wanted a clean stock low mileage car to just have and sit on. but there are still more out there, just need to to know where to look.

Liz's car has been a pretty much non stop project for the last almost 3 years it seems. but the car always manages to see as much street time as possible even with all the down time it gets. i just hope she is really happy with the car when it is "done".

LIZMO
12-01-2010, 09:41 AM
i hope so too... i should be. im excited to be 'done' and by 'done' i mean done for a while.

at least my car isn't gonna end up in the corner/wall of a drift track. its gonna get used. ALOT.

Exitspeed
12-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Sorry, but the US spec 240 sx's were considered secretaries cars when they were new. Akin to v6 camaro's and 4 cylinder mustangs...they looked the part but were nothing more. It was something people bought if they wanted to have a sporty looking car...few bought it for any true sports intention, since it was very outclassed by competitors of the time. What a shame, as myself and my friends considered it one of the best looking cars...but since it was underpowered, we also considered it a poseur's car.

Yes 240's were underpowered in stock form, but it doesn't mean they aren't good performing cars stock. AI could care less about straigh line performance. That wasn't what the car or chassis was designed for. Just because a certain demographic buys a car doesn't take away from what the car is. Again, in my stock 240 at one Auto-X I was running faster times then a nicely modded GSX, and another event I was running faster times then a RB swapped 240 and an SR swapped 240. This is personal experience and proof that the cars are just as fun stock as they are modded.

Prince Valiant
12-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Again, in my stock 240 at one Auto-X I was running faster times then a nicely modded GSX, and another event I was running faster times then a RB swapped 240 and an SR swapped 240. This is personal experience and proof that the cars are just as fun stock as they are modded.:confused or it could just prove that you beat bad drivers with quicker cars.

Part of what will make a car worth something in the future is what the cars meant to teens/young adults when the cars were new. Not many pined for 240's then...and though quite a few young adults/teens do nowadays, it's not the stock 240 they desire.

Every "red-blooded american" teen wanted a GTO in the 60's and into the 70's. Cars like that made one the big-dog in the parking lot...the quiet kids always dreamed of being like the guy who pulled in with the camaro's/firebirds/mustangs. They didn't really envy the daddy's little princess that pulled in the high school lot with a 240.

I agree that 240's will be worth something someday...but like hot-rods today, I think tastefully modded ones will be worth more than stock ones, and clean stock ones will be worth a decent penny only for those who will look to mod from scratch.

FoxStang
12-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Yes 240's were underpowered in stock form, but it doesn't mean they aren't good performing cars stock. AI could care less about straigh line performance. That wasn't what the car or chassis was designed for. Just because a certain demographic buys a car doesn't take away from what the car is. Again, in my stock 240 at one Auto-X I was running faster times then a nicely modded GSX, and another event I was running faster times then a RB swapped 240 and an SR swapped 240. This is personal experience and proof that the cars are just as fun stock as they are modded.

If you love it more power to you and who cares what the rest of us think, though maybe it was the driver mod that was hurting the performance of the other cars? Cars are meant to be driven, and a 240 is a car that won't necessarily go that much further down in value when you drive it, so why waste money to let it just sit there?
Its snowing outside right now and the high end dealership across the street has a Superleggera, a Scuderia and a California sitting outside waiting for customers; the point is no matter the investment grade of the vehicle, they should be driven. I hate to see cars that sit in garages all the time, a few miles on those exotics won't hurt them, much less on a 240. Whats the point of a car you can't drive?

Exitspeed
12-01-2010, 11:36 AM
:confused or it could just prove that you beat bad drivers with quicker cars.

Part of what will make a car worth something in the future is what the cars meant to teens/young adults when the cars were new. Not many pined for 240's then...and though quite a few young adults/teens do nowadays, it's not the stock 240 they desire.

Every "red-blooded american" teen wanted a GTO in the 60's and into the 70's. Cars like that made one the big-dog in the parking lot...the quiet kids always dreamed of being like the guy who pulled in with the camaro's/firebirds/mustangs. They didn't really envy the daddy's little princess that pulled in the high school lot with a 240.

I agree that 240's will be worth something someday...but like hot-rods today, I think tastefully modded ones will be worth more than stock ones, and clean stock ones will be worth a decent penny only for those who will look to mod from scratch.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. As far as me being a better driver, that is probably true, but having a car down 100hp or more minus all the other mods, it just shows how great of a handling car they are with the right driver. You'd have to admit that if they are worth something that one with possibly the lowest miles in existence would be worth even more. Don't you think?

If you love it more power to you and who cares what the rest of us think, though maybe it was the driver mod that was hurting the performance of the other cars? Cars are meant to be driven, and a 240 is a car that won't necessarily go that much further down in value when you drive it, so why waste money to let it just sit there?
Its snowing outside right now and the high end dealership across the street has a Superleggera, a Scuderia and a California sitting outside waiting for customers; the point is no matter the investment grade of the vehicle, they should be driven. I hate to see cars that sit in garages all the time, a few miles on those exotics won't hurt them, much less on a 240. Whats the point of a car you can't drive?

I totally agree about driving a car. I've tracked every car I've owned since I could buy my own cars. I think 240's belong on tracks. They don't make the most comfortable daily drivers but they sure are fun to drive. I actually hate seeing people who just collect cars and never drive'em. If I owned this particular car I'd drive it on nice days and restore it even further. But I'd own another 240 for a track car.

WhatsADSM
12-01-2010, 12:29 PM
This is just my opinion which is as good as the next guys.. Okay maybe it holds a *little* more water because I have owned 2 of them as well as many other imports.

First off Liz. Congrats, and trust me on this do whatever YOU want. It is YOUR car and don't let anyone convince you otherwise. I think this one should be a great platform for what you are trying to do and what you want out of it.

Now as for the collectible thing. IMO yea one day it might be worth something, but it is questionable how much and surely it will take quite some time to get there. IMO why even bother? If you are looking for an investment a car is stupid. You would be TONS better off just diversifying some cash into the stock market, buying a home, etc. etc. The VAST majority of vehicles are only good for basic transportation or fun, and IMHO the 240 is CERTAINLY one of those. There just isn't anything that special about it?!

Exitspeed
12-01-2010, 01:00 PM
This is just my opinion which is as good as the next guys.. Okay maybe it holds a *little* more water because I have owned 2 of them as well as many other imports.

First off Liz. Congrats, and trust me on this do whatever YOU want. It is YOUR car and don't let anyone convince you otherwise. I think this one should be a great platform for what you are trying to do and what you want out of it.

Now as for the collectible thing. IMO yea one day it might be worth something, but it is questionable how much and surely it will take quite some time to get there. IMO why even bother? If you are looking for an investment a car is stupid. You would be TONS better off just diversifying some cash into the stock market, buying a home, etc. etc. The VAST majority of vehicles are only good for basic transportation or fun, and IMHO the 240 is CERTAINLY one of those. There just isn't anything that special about it?!

I wasn't looking at is an investment. Just as an enthusiast trying to preserve a piece of history that happens to mean a lot to him and IMO will mean something to others down the road.

Obviously she's going to do whatever she wants with HER car. ;) Just like you can do what ever YOU want with YOUR car and I can do whatever I want with MY car.

I kid.

gottwins?
12-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Clean s13 :thumbsup

It is going to be over a decade before low mileage s13's are going to be worth holding on to...and even then there is a chance it wont be much, so mod away. :banana

LIZMO
12-02-2010, 11:40 PM
i am going to do what i want with it. just wanted to show everyone what i bought :) as most of you know, i do what i want and i dont really care what other people think of me or what i do or where i add pink to. lol.
i kinda knew mel wouldn't like it b/c hes always been in love w/ low mileage 240s... well you can still love it... itll just be modded to my liking lol.
i dont see the point in not driving a car either. cars were made to be driven, so drive them.
i might feel bad a little bit in the process, but when im done, i won't. like i said i wasn't looking (well i should say nick wasn't looking)for the lowest mileage 240sx, he was looking for one in my price range with NO rust NO body damage a motor was a plus. and he called me "call me back its important" i thought something happened to him or a family member... no he found me a car haha. and thats how it happened lol.