PDA

View Full Version : Looking at purchasing a handgun what do you guys think of this?

DoubleAron
11-11-2010, 11:07 AM
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=416394&pdesc=Springfield_Armory_12_1 _Round_40S_Barrel/Black_Finish#ReviewHeader

flyin_blue_egg
11-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Great gun. I would recommend getting the one w/ the 5" barrel. I got the 5" model and it seems that w/ the extra " it doesn't kick back as much (it's not a lot of help but I think it's there.) Try going to a place that rents guns and see if you like the feel of how it shots. I had the advantage of being in a police academy and getting to shoot a ton of rounds through a glock 9mm. Found out that the gun was just too light for my liking and decided to get the SA XD .40 S&W

Rocket Power
11-11-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm not a fan of the XD, didn't like it when I shot one. I'm more of a M&P and Glock guy for polymer pistols.

Rocket Power
11-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Fletcher had factory refurb Glock 22 .40's for $399 on their fb page on 11/5. I bought a refurb from cabelas and you can't tell it from new.

fivonut
11-11-2010, 08:44 PM
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=416394&pdesc=Springfield_Armory_12_1 _Round_40S_Barrel/Black_Finish#ReviewHeader

Looks nice. Like already said, try one out at a range that rents em. Then if you still like it, I'll match the price and cut you a deal on the transfer. If you'd like come up and I'll let you try out my XDm 40 to see what you think of it.

Slow5oh
11-11-2010, 10:06 PM
If you like the XD try the MnP i've been torn between the two for a while and ended with the MnP. It's comfortable and feels natural.

That_Guy
11-12-2010, 06:59 AM
I have that same exact pistol. If I could go back again I would have gotten it in a 45. That's the only thing I would have done differently. I like it a lot. It fits my hands well and the angel of the grip is right on. I also suggest looking into the s&w m&p that will be my next purchase.

fivonut
11-12-2010, 06:00 PM
I have that same exact pistol. If I could go back again I would have gotten it in a 45. That's the only thing I would have done differently. I like it a lot. It fits my hands well and the angel of the grip is right on. I also suggest looking into the s&w m&p that will be my next purchase.

My brother has an M&P40. Great gun!!! I really like the feel of it.

DoubleAron
11-13-2010, 10:46 PM
Well I went to both Cabelas and Gander tonight.

I did not like the feel of the Glocks at all. The SW M&P felt really good but I liked the feel of the XDs the best. Next will have to be a trip to the range and rent some of them.

Slow5oh
11-13-2010, 11:16 PM
midwestern has a XD to use at their range

Rocket Power
11-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Its all about what feel good to you:thumbsup
I use the small grips on my M&P, try the different backstraps if they'll let you too.

I didn't like the trigger on the XD or the fact it reminds me of an old Makita drill with its high boreline. :goof

But if it works for YOU, THAT'S what's important:thumbsup

HITMAN
11-14-2010, 03:45 PM
I didn't like the trigger on the XD or the fact it reminds me of an old Makita drill with its high boreline. :goof

But if it works for YOU, THAT'S what's important:thumbsup

And that's my pet peeve with a Glock. I hate the trigger on every one I've ever shot. The last one I shot was a G22 I bought from a member here. It shot OK but the lower pad of my trigger finger kept getting trapped between the bottom of the trigger and the trigger guard. I sold it within a month. My XDm has a superior trigger and a better feel. And it's more accurate. Plus, they come with more extras and a better hard case from the factory.

I have not yet had a chance to shoot any of the Smith M&P stuff. They look like nice guns.

HP ADDICT
11-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Just picked up a new xdm .45 for 599. Looking forward to shooting it.