PDA

View Full Version : Horrendous accident on Layton Ave.

Voodoo Chick
11-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Just heard there was a fatal accident on 20th and Layton....someone was killed by a dump truck? Anyone hear anything more about this?

Korndogg
11-08-2010, 03:24 PM
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/106900444.html

TheRX7Project
11-08-2010, 03:25 PM
http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/106900444.html

She crossed the street against the light... while it's sad it's her own fault.

Voodoo Chick
11-08-2010, 03:28 PM
http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/106900444.html

She crossed the street against the light... while it's sad it's her own fault.

Yeah....I hope they don't punish the dumptruck driver......I can only imagine how he must feel as it is.....

TheRX7Project
11-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Yeah there's nothing he could do, I definitely know that. I drive a 20,000-lb+ industrial truck through narrow aisles at work, I get people stepping out in front of me all the time (even though I'm blowing my horn, headlights on, etc.)... the thing DOES NOT STOP. I'm sure a dump truck weighs more and is even harder to stop. I've had my fair share of "pucker power" moments where I've almost hit someone, luckily I never have.

scaleracer
11-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Damn that's crazy I saw the dump truck on my way home today but didn't see another car (I thought it was a car accident) I guess this would explain why there was no other car.

jbiscuit
11-08-2010, 03:58 PM
crazy thing is I see a LOT of dump trucks flying on the freeway and streets all the time. Not uncommon to see them in the fast lane etc!

TheRX7Project
11-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Now they're saying the dump truck was turning, they still haven't said if it was the driver's fault.

CATNHAT
11-08-2010, 07:51 PM
I wonder if it was the producers wife/mom/sister/daughter under the truck if they would zoom in on the tarp under the tires?

This is a tragedy but does not need to be on the air immediately afterwards, IMO.

"If it Bleeds, it Leads" is the sad but true rule in news.

Prayers for her.

Voodoo Chick
11-08-2010, 09:31 PM
I wonder if it was the producers wife/mom/sister/daughter under the truck if they would zoom in on the tarp under the tires?

This is a tragedy but does not need to be on the air immediately afterwards, IMO.

"If it Bleeds, it Leads" is the sad but true rule in news.

Prayers for her.

There was seriously a tarp UNDER the tires?? As in, they could not remove all the......remains?? Oh, geeeez, that's awful......

lordairgtar
11-08-2010, 11:27 PM
When I was a kid, I saw a woman get run over and crushed under a city bus next to Kozy Park on Lincoln. Not the best sight to see. Then, they made no effort to cover the scene. They removed the woman's leg right there. This was in the 60s and the Fire Dept came and hosed the bits and pieces into the sewer.

Voodoo Chick
11-08-2010, 11:43 PM
When I was a kid, I saw a woman get run over and crushed under a city bus next to Kozy Park on Lincoln. Not the best sight to see. Then, they made no effort to cover the scene. They removed the woman's leg right there. This was in the 60s and the Fire Dept came and hosed the bits and pieces into the sewer.
:stare :stare :stare :stare :stare

Al
11-09-2010, 10:53 PM
When I first read the title of this thread, I thought it was about the lady who drove her car under the semi. I saw the aftermath of that accident.

Her car was a white mid-90s cutlass or gran prix. I was across the road at the Shell station and saw as they pulled the car on a flatbed. There was blood all over the side of the door and flesh bits on the interior.

The locals were saying that Layton was a deadly road.

Voodoo Chick
11-10-2010, 12:00 AM
When I first read the title of this thread, I thought it was about the lady who drove her car under the semi. I saw the aftermath of that accident.

Her car was a white mid-90s cutlass or gran prix. I was across the road at the Shell station and saw as they pulled the car on a flatbed. There was blood all over the side of the door and flesh bits on the interior.

The locals were saying that Layton was a deadly road.

You know, I have always felt there was something weird about Layton Ave. myself. ALL the weirdest, scariest, and most dangerous car-related experiences I have EVER had were on Layton, and I have heard from quite a few others the same thing..........strange.

Al
11-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Some day, a plane will crash into Layton.

Voodoo Chick
11-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Some day, a plane will crash into Layton.

Kinda surprised one hasn't already. In my experiences on Layton Ave, I have had one car spin out on wet pavement and nearly get wrecked, another car lost her brakes, another died for no apparent reason, the one that nearly wrecked, several years later her throttle got stuck open, then my husband's truck had a tire explode, and, oh yeah, the truck also caught on fire. ALL on Layton. :stare

lordairgtar
11-11-2010, 11:42 PM
I got most of my speeding tickets there. I guess something just takes over me on Layton and my foot gets heavier and heavier.