Korndogg
11-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Discuss

animal
11-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Good.... and tell him to cut his hair.

77thor
11-08-2010, 12:19 PM
He was probably unable to come back from his injury (ala Robert Brooks).

It's too bad, but really it all comes down to money.
He makes too much, he is 35 yrs old, and the younger guys have really stepped up while he was out.

flyin_blue_egg
11-08-2010, 12:21 PM
The story on their website sucked ass....All it said was he was released. Didn't say that it was bc he couldn't come back or bc they didn't want him back (ala Shawn Merriman in SD)

Korndogg
11-08-2010, 12:23 PM
I just watched the press conference and McCarthy said there is no doubt in his mind that Harris will play for another team.

A reporter also said that Harris told them that he doesn't feel like they have been straight with him throughout the process but McCarthy says they were.

Karps TA
11-08-2010, 12:52 PM
It's cause he isn't any good anymore and doesn't play special teams.

He was getting beat alot last year before his injury. Not a loss in the least. Saves them 2 PI calls a game.

PB86MCSS
11-08-2010, 01:20 PM
In Ted We Trust

:banana1:

Karps TA
11-08-2010, 01:33 PM
I'd say more like in Dom Capers you should trust. That guy is coaching his ass off. He has been working with jack shit all season and has schemed to their strengths. Based on talent level and depth the D has no right playing as well as they have. He keeps this up and he'll be head coaching again next year.

GTSLOW
11-08-2010, 01:45 PM

X2 no tears will be shead here. I'm sure we can all remember some of his penalties.

DoubleAron
11-08-2010, 02:06 PM
One of the most overrated players in the NFL.

xxtremeteam
11-08-2010, 04:53 PM

similar to what i said about 3 years to late and hope he cuts his hair for his next job

theavenger333
11-08-2010, 05:27 PM
wow, harsh words for a guy that helped anchor this defense for a long time. his style was physical, which matched the defense he played in. some stupid penalties? yes, most definatly. but his overall play helped us a TON more then it hurt us. he got released to get a chance to play somewhere else. Williams is the starter, they like the rookie, and like it was said, he doesn't play special teams. thanks for a good career, good luck to you.

Karps TA
11-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Definetly appreciate all he did for the team. For a while there he was the best Defender they had.

I personally think he's better off moving to safety if he wants to extend his career. He just doesn't have the speed to keep up anymore. Unless he can chuck the guy on the line, he's meat. And that was before the knee getting blown out. Can't imagine that made him faster.

That_Guy
11-08-2010, 08:12 PM
I'd say more like in Dom Capers you should trust. That guy is coaching his ass off. He has been working with jack shit all season and has schemed to their strengths. Based on talent level and depth the D has no right playing as well as they have. He keeps this up and he'll be head coaching again next year.

What he said! ^

Al has done his thing for the packers and has done it well. The injury he had is a carrier ender for most. I have a lot of respect for him and thing he is a standup player in a legue full of douchebags. He did text to espn radio in milwaukee stating there are no ill feelings towards green bay. There shouldn't be. They patched him up and got him back to game form. They could have said.. that's it and washed there hands of him specially for his age. I would hate to seem him sit on the bench and watch sam shields dominate. I can honestly say id rather see him play on another team then watch him sit. He is fun to watch and he plays dam hard.

I got the chance to meet him 2 or 3 years ago during training camp and he was very good with fans, took his time to talk, and not run off to the locker room like most of the players did.

I wish good luck to him.

Anakonda69
11-09-2010, 07:29 PM
not that i feel it's a huge loss, how many times will players bitch about the packers front office communication before something gets done about it?

PB86MCSS
11-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Capers is doing a hell of a job, I agree. Lots of football left so we'll see if he becomes a head coaching candidate again. I could see it but I think the league has trended away from re-tread and older coaches in recent years. I think the Peter principle applies here, as with many coaches.